It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Defending Trumps treatment of Women.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: windword

Why does that make me misogynistic?

It doesn't, these people just need to twist everything into being misogynistic to fit their agenda. Just like they twist everything into being racist to fit their agenda. It's just propaganda.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

What DO you see as misogyny then? Not that I'd accept your own definition, but there's some very clear, outright misogyny in this thread. How bad does it need to become in order for you to acknowledge it? When women are literally killed for their sex or something?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: StallionDuck

I don't care about the bestial fantasies that you need to keep your "manhood" erect and in tact.

What, are you saying you want to grab me by the "manhood"? I'd say that's awful hypocritical of you. It's pretty sad that you equated a dog's bone with an erection. That's pretty damn sick of you. You could be some AAA sized 60 year old crackhead for all I know. Yeah, I'm throwing a few other stereotypes in there to help you out. Oh wait... Also picking peanut butter out of your bellybutton.

Do you honestly think I would hit on someone I've never seen? That's pretty sick. But hey, I get it... You see a word, like that other person there next to you, and change the word in your head to mean something else so you can use it for witch hunting. Nice one.. Too bad it doesn't work on the intelligent. Those tactics are only for the ignorant. You know... The ED-JU-Cay-Ted. Now I bet you're going to say I'm raciest because I said "JU".

You're really showing your state of mind here.

(post by Pitou removed for a manners violation)
(post by windword removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Women are not a single entity you can ask how it is treated....

Trump may have (likely did) treat “X” woman “Y” way ...

That says nothing about trumps treatment of every other woman he has met..

This kindA stuff is retarded.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Funny thing about sharing opinions, they are then subject to other opinions.

And yet, none have to be correct.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It's disgusting how you get compared to a dog and how this person clearly says that he judges women based on their boob size and how they look... that's a textbook definition of misogyny. You, all of us, deserve better than that cr*p.
edit on 30-10-2017 by Pitou because: Fixed sentence

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

I think you should look up the definition of misogyny.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well, if one thing, it shows how well he understands women...

*cough* ahem.
edit on 30-10-2017 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

Hmm, this thread would be a good case study of misogyny in practice.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou

What DO you see as misogyny then? Not that I'd accept your own definition

LOL, why would I even bother to answer your question when you have already predetermined that you will not accept my answer? That kind of closed-mindedness doesn't lead to constructive dialogue or to the improvement of a situation. And making false claims of misogyny is like making false claims of rape, it just makes the situation worse and harder for real victims.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The more you point it out, the more Trump supporters defend and normalized sexual harassment. This regressive administration is taking us back to the 1950's in the way women are perceived.

They have declared a war on women! They want to outlaw most methods of birth control, abortion, undermine equal pay and make it harder for women to report sexual abuse on campuses and on the job. They're trying to create their own backwards utopia where 300 year old religious rules are held above hard fought Civil Rights. The more you try to point it out, the more defensive and authoritarian they get.

ROFLMAO...wth are you talking about?... No one is "trying to normalize sexual harassment"... The fact is at least several of the claims made by women who have claimed to have been sexually harassed by Trump can be outright proven WRONG. For example, the lady that claims he attacked her on a plane and says something like "I looked away for a moment, and when I looked back he had lifted the arm rest and was on me"... Well, that woman doesn't seem to know that the arm rest in those planes cannot be "lifted in just a moment", those arm rests have to be taken off completely, and in order to do that Trump would have had to get up from his chair, and wrestle to take the arm rest off completely.

Not to mention the fact, leftists around the world want to claim "Trump supporters are trying to normalize bad treatment on women", but what do leftwingers do about the attacks from Muslim immigrants/refugees all around the world?... They want to ignore such attacks, and want to deflect them and instead claim "ooh, you are just anti-immigration"...

Or what about the fact that leftwingers have as idols of "women's movement" women like these:

Meet the terrorist behind the next women’s march

And women like Linda Sarsour who for some unknown reason is seen as a "feminist" by everyone in the left despite the fact that she is neither a feminist, and when she wants to she has attacked other women such as Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

She has dismissed the anti-Islamist feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali in the most crude and cruel terms, insisting she is “not a real woman” and confessing that she wishes she could take away Ms. Ali’s vagina — this about a woman who suffered genital mutilation as a girl in Somalia.

www.nytimes.com...

But you won't see people in the left like the OP making threads about their own "idols" making such demeaning comments, and insulting women who disagree with their "leftwing idols".

But hey, let's put it this way... Since the left in general, and around the world, want to defend at all costs Muslim refugees even those who constantly sexually attack women, resort to violence, etc, I guess that the left in general are "trying to normalize sexual harassment, normalize honor killings, normalize genital mutilation of girls and women, etc"...

edit on 30-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: StallionDuck

Ladies and Gentlemen...

This thread is proof of how one person can incite a riot... a mass division... a civil war amongst brethrin, neighbors, sibling, households and countries.

I don't know what's worse... Seeing this or the lack of intellect involved. This goes to show you how people will fight tooth and nail based on hear-say alone.

Good point.

Also doing this while ignoring the facts proven in a court of law if it ruins their narrative.

(post by spiritualzombie removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
a reply to: JinMI

Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

Hmm, this thread would be a good case study of misogyny in practice.

You almost found the dictionary, I guess the wiki is close enough. (Also, you'll need to cite when using outside content.)

The definition is subject to the hatred of women. I don't see that here. I do see word spin to create possible hatred against would-be women. Amping up the rhetoric to pass get your point across is self defeating, it only incites more rhetoric and then all the facts are gone.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

And who're ''real victims'' gets decided by men like yourself, based on how much the victim's testimony personally offends them? Yeah, this is why we call BS on you.

I didn't care much for your answer as you already displayed clear misogyny. As described here:

Men like you are only happy when women shut up and praise men. This thread is steeped in misogyny.

See, the opinion of someone who doesn't give a damn about a group, or who actually benefits from oppressing that group, isn't very relevant when describing that group's issues. In that sense, it's a very nasty thing, to pretend to care about ''real victims''. You don't give a damn.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Every woman Trump encounters he assesses from a sexual point of view. From infants to adults. Every little girl who shakes the presidents hand he's thinking... "10 years, 3 years, 12 years, 2 years".... And we have the tape to prove that's how his mind works.

His supporters don't see the problem... I think the reason is because they share those same thoughts.

Extremist.

Still pushing debunked rhetoric to anyone who will listen eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join