It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Defending Trumps treatment of Women.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This has to stop!

One of the things that I find truly disturbing about Trump is his treatment of women, I have posted about it before. I don’t really want to get into all of the accusations again pointing to Trumps sexual abuse of women because I have posted on it before. To provide some context however, if you can stomach it, here is 10 minutes of Trump degrading women.

Now I am sure that most would agree that Trump has made comments about women that most would regard as being socially unacceptable, the kind of things that one should not say publicly. Likewise I am sure that most of us are only to aware of the accusations of sexual abuse that have been made against Trump since before he took up the office of president.

The sad truth is however is that a lot of Trump supporters defend this kind of behaviour or dismiss it as being “fake-news”, “lies” or even try to make excuses for it. On both sides most of us by now have taken part in the debates about wether or not a comment Trump has made about women was justified or if a accusation is credible.

Unfortunately most of the defences of Trumps views and accusations against women have came predominately from his supporters who see him as a saviour of the political right and almost act as if it is their duty to defend his integrity at every turn. It seems many defend him for political reasons, they defend his views on women because either they also hold misogamistic views of women or because their belief in what Trump is trying to achieve is so strong they simply cannot find fault in him. Its getting to the point where it feels like a devout Catholic trying to defend, excuse or ignore accounts of sexual abuse in the Church.

The problem as I see it comes when another is accused of committing similar abuses against women as Trump or holding the same views. Enter Weinstein, the accusations while more numerous are very similar. Both men accused of objectifying women, sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape. Yet for the last 2 years or more Trump supporters have been defending Trump over very similar accusations and this has created a paradox for Trump supporters.

Their inability to admit to flaws in Trump has now backed them into a very difficult moral position. We have Weinstein who has been accused of the same abuse of women that Trump has long been accused of, which many Trump supporters have been defending in one way or another. They have now reached a moral conundrum, if they admit that Weinstein has done wrong then they have to admit then logically that Trump has also done wrong. The accusations although different are very similar.

Therefore we now have this moral degradation of Trump supporters who are defending sexual harassment and sexual abuse of women just to avoid having to concede to a flaw in the Trumps integrity. I have seen a lot of threads and posts recently (i wont name names) of members surreptitiously (almost as if they know it is wrong) defending sexual abuse, asking about the personal responsibility of women, focusing on instances of false accusation or posing ethical questions about when rape becomes rape and so on.

I find all of this quite repulsive and I really do think that if you are a individual who has became so blinded by politics that you are finding yourself justifying or making excuses of sexual abuse for political reasons then you really need to star asking yourself if eroding your own morally to such a extreme is really worth it.

Is Trump really worth lowing your own moral standards?

edit on 29-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+56 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why focus specifically on Trump when it's happening in every aspect of the world where money and power is involved? Is Trump somehow the torch bearer ? Tje poster boy, maybe ?

When I think of objectifying women, Bill Clinton is the first image that comes to mind, but hey, that's just me. Cigar anyone?

So Hollywood is the biggest story on this, but you rather just pin this on Trump. I'm not defending the guy... He IS a guy after all. All (most) men are guilty of it. If you're a heterosexual male and you say you haven't done this in some form at some point of your life, I'd call you a liar. If not in words (for the hard core Christians) then in thought.

Why not point out where the real problem is and forgo tagging one man because... political sides... that's why. The real problem is Money - Power - Greed!

But you're right... "This has to stop". Just not the way you're talking about.

edit on 29-10-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Why focus specifically on Trump when it's happening in every aspect of the world where money and power is involved? Is Trump somehow the torch bearer ? Tje poster boy, maybe ?

I think when the most powerful man in the world is also being accused and his supporters are making excuses then its fair game.

When I think of objectifying women, Bill Clinton is the first image that comes to mind, but hey, that's just me. Cigar anyone?

Dam!

I honestly thought we would get to the end of the first page before someone made it about the Clintons.

So Hollywood is the biggest story on this, but you rather just pin this on Trump. I'm not defending the guy... He IS a guy after all. All (most) men are guilty of it. If you're a heterosexual male and you say you haven't done this in some form at some point of your life, I'd call you a liar. If not in words (for the hard core Christians) then in thought.

I have never sexually assaulted anyone and I have never been accused of sexual harassment.

Please stop trying to make it appear that sexual assault and sexual harassment is normal.

Why not point out where the real problem is and forgo tagging one man because... political sides... that's why. The real problem is Money - Power - Greed!

Trump seems like a pretty good example of that wouldn't you say so?

But you're right... "This has to stop". Just not the way you're talking about.

ahhh and how would you like me to talk about it?

Perhaps if I just didn't mention Trump would that suit?
edit on 29-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Perhaps stop telling folks what to do, say and behave? Seems that went too far into the extreme and got someone like trump in office.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Perhaps stop telling folks what to do, say and behave? Seems that went too far into the extreme and got someone like trump in office.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to request that people stop defending sexual abuse.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well this is as ridiculuos as...

I see where this is going #metoo... spinning towards that big evil monster that has to die ? Crap sjw narrative , Trump no saint but trump is about as horny as the average man it's testosteron 'Jim' , . Ask youself ever made a post about Trumps behaviour 5 years ago ? Or are you just part of the narrative..

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So because we dont accept accusations that have been discredited, and Trump never says things you like, we are jerks huh?

Yes, yes. Trump is evil. Yes.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss the facts or lack thereof.

Wasn't there a viral campaign about sexual harassment to highlight the severity of the matter? To pin this all on one person because of a political bias is completely overlooking the implications of the real issue.

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Physical acts against any other person are illegal.

If there is proof then Trump should be arrested and be tried in a court of law then punished if found guilty.

If Trump said stuff that people don't like, then you're just wanting to curb free expression and silence people.

+44 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I'll take 1 trump over 100 SJW's anytime of the day. And you know whats more annoying to you is...that...most women would too.

This is evident on election results.

Women may not adore Trump...but they despise spineless weak men much more.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Since when is a POTUS the most powerful man in the world?

Have we forgotten about our Rockefellers and Rothschilds etc.?

I'm only saying.. You know?

edit on 10-29-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I don't pay close attention, but Trump supporters are defending his treatment of women?

Who and where are these Trump supporters? Are these people in the media (who don't represent the majority of Americans) or ATSers? Just trying to figure who & where these imbeciles are... help me out!

Again, maybe I just don't pay close enough attention. TIA!

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with "woman"

Trump defends and attacks PEOPLE in his way. He doesn't care if it is a woman or a man. He does not attacks woman because they are woman. You may not like how he does that, but it has nothing to do with being a woman.

Stop beleving this false dividing narrative.

He actually also has a good trackrecord hiring woman.

So actually he is more liberal as the liberals, he makes no difference!

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hmmm, don't you have anything to rag about on the other side of the Atlantic ? Maybe the Royals squeezing out bastard children. Deflecting much.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I honestly thought we would get to the end of the first page before someone made it about the Clintons.

I think the member made a good point that Bill Clinton set the precedent.
Remember how it was all a right wing conspiracy back then?
Roll with the precedent that Bill Clinton set.

You should be praising Trump.
He is the very first US President to enter office on record as supporting a woman's right to choose.

Not even Obama can claim that title.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Therefore we now have this moral degradation of Trump supporters who are defending sexual harassment and sexual abuse of women just to avoid having to concede to a flaw in the Trumps integrity.

I support trump , but don't support his comments about women. The man is an open book and says things that aren't acceptable in todays world. But the man is smashing through censoring him self due to "politically correctness "

The difference is he says it out loud , while other politicians pretend to be mr.nice guys but the biggest pervs behind the scenes...

Sure it sucks , but that still wouldn't make me vote for evil hilary
Trump flips the bird to political correctness and to the establishment . Its just the mans character. When you grow up all your life with that kinda power ... women throw them selfs at you , of course he will be conditioned by his enviroment to treat them like objects....

Nobody talks about women advancing their careers behind the scenes by using their sexual charms. then once the man bites and responds to it . its sexual harrassment lol . Sure not all the cases are like this but i've worked in management, and i can't tell you how many women have used their apperance and charm to try and climb up the ladder and get promoted through me

I'll tell ya one thing.

Women are two different people in a public forum vs behind closed doors. The thing they will do , unbelievable...

This isn't justifying trumps comments, you just need to take off your anti-trump glasses and see the cause and effect. Both sides are in the wrong. But of course you won't care about that because , anything trump must be evil ..... amirite?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Spot on man.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When a woman flirts or whistles at me, I become flattered, it makes my day. What the hell is wrong with females?

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You lost me when you compared Trump to Weinstein. Not even the same solar system.

Do I think Trump says some insensitive things? Absolutely

Do you think JFK, held in high esteem, was a womanizer and objectifier?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Save us your l'ftard indignation, let's have a look at the clintons instead ....

"For 41 years, Hillary Clinton has worked tirelessly to discredit and destroy women like that. Since 1982, she has been hiring private detectives to look into their lives and find anything that could embarrass them. Hillary once told private detective Ivan Duda to give her the name and addresses of all of Bill’s girlfriends, so she could “get rid of all these bitches he’s seeing.”

Stop trying to blame the Clintons crimes on others, you as well the rest of the l*tard ilk are starting to look silly, and getting VERY boring.
edit on 29-10-2017 by LondonMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join