It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsay Graham says if Tax Cuts-Reform Fails - Repub Party is Dead - Trump will be Impeached.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I was surprised to see that 75% of Americans are excited about the tax-code simplification. While 52% were more excited about the tax cuts.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

At least Pelosi would be entertaining. It would be a Donald and Nancy reality show.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: carewemust

The question is, are senators willing to raise taxes on the middle class to give wealthy more.

Most people whom the government deems as "wealthy" are not really rich. Most small business owners and farmers have a net worth of $1 million.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Ahhhh, yea, that's rich........ KTLA, liberal heaven. The world's hub for all things perverted and insane Los Angles.

The article was originated at CNN. But I try my best to avoid using CNN links in posts.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
End of the Republican party, end of the Democratic party.

Best case scenario, the whole damn corrupt system collapses.

I think World War III would happen if the U.S. system collapses.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Sounds like Graham is being overly dramatic.

No.. he's not. Particularly if Democrats begin to focus on winning, instead of whining.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: chrismarco

ISIS just attacked and killed four of our best in Africa.

They were outgunned. Probably to save a few bucks to give the wealthy " the biggest tax cut in history".

The slimy showboat Congresswoman in Florida turned it into a political circus for her own benefit. Maybe we should thank her, or even U.S. Senators wouldn't know we were fighting ISIS in Africa.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

“I can’t imagine how President Trump could be successful with Nancy Pelosi running the House,” Graham continued. “They’d try to impeach him pretty quickly, and it would be just one constant investigation after another."

They should know about this. If they didn't invent this they certainly perfected it.

Also, are Democrats across America willing to give up tax-cuts/reform, in support of their party's attempt at retaking the House, and working to impeach Donald Trump?

You mean the politicians? Of course. Both parties do this. It depends on where the tax cuts go as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TheScale
of course they tow the party line. if anything can be counted on that can be. personally though im not sure how failing to pass a tax reform plan means impeachment, but ok.

Failing to pass Tax Cuts-Reform would give Democrats more appeal when the 2018 elections come around. If Democrats win the House, Nancy Pelosi will be majority leader. Majority leader of majority of Democrats can start impeachement proceedings.

The Democrats don't have a chance in hell of winning a majority in the House.

Following the 2016 general election, the Democratic Party gained a total of six seats. They picked up seven seats while only losing one in Nebraska. The Democratic Party fell far short of the 30 seats required to retake the chamber. As a result, the Democratic Party would need to pick up 24 seats in 2018 to win the chamber.

ballotpedia.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Can't help but wonder if the Republican tax "reform" will continue the legacy of the GOP as regards the ACA. For 7 years, the GOP promised, with great fanfare, to replace the ACA with something wonderful, that would cover more people with better coverage for less cost. If they actually did that, I for one would not have a problem with it.

Instead, they have come up with proposal after proposal that would cover far fewer people, with much crappier coverage, for much higher cost. THAT is why their proposals fail, they are crap and nobody with any sense likes them.

If they follow this approach with taxes, which so far it seems they plan to, they will improve (cough) the tax system by providing a tax increase to the poorest (min rate from 10% to 12%), a token tax decrease to the middle, that will have little or no positive effect, and a massive tax decrease to the already-wealthy. So odds are the GOP tax plan will be yet more wealth redistribution, from the middle and low to the upper.

Hopefully, enough people are awake enough now to call this for the BS it is, and these tax proposals will fail as miserably as their "health care" proposals deservedly did.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
he`s crazy, failing to pass a tax reform bill isn`t going to lose the republicans the house and senate in 2018,their failure to repeal or replace obamacare has already done that. voters have listened to 7 years of republican promises to repeal obamacare and when given a mandate and an opportunity to do it they failed.

tax reform (aka raising taxes on the middle class) will guarantee that they lose in 2020 also.

politicians are out of touch with mainstream America
old politicians are out of touch with reality
old republican politicans might as well be living on Uranus when it comes to knowing what mainstream America wants.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Let me guess ... it passed the House?

It's the Senate that can't/won't do anything because the Republicans are invested in losing.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: incoserv
End of the Republican party, end of the Democratic party.

Best case scenario, the whole damn corrupt system collapses.

I think World War III would happen if the U.S. system collapses.

I think WWIII is already happening.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join