It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsay Graham says if Tax Cuts-Reform Fails - Repub Party is Dead - Trump will be Impeached.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The Tax Reform-Tax Cuts bill is due to release on this coming Wednesday, November 1st. It will then have a name. But even at this early stage, Senator Lindsay Graham has some sobering words for Republicans...

South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said Friday that if Republicans don’t pass tax reform, then Democrats will take back the House of Representatives and attempt to impeach President Donald Trump.

“Well, I think all of us realize that if we fail on taxes, that’s the end of the Republican Party’s governing majority in 2018.”. “We’ll lose the House, and probably lose ground in the Senate.”

“I can’t imagine how President Trump could be successful with Nancy Pelosi running the House,” Graham continued. “They’d try to impeach him pretty quickly, and it would be just one constant investigation after another.

So it’s important that we pass tax reform in a meaningful way. If we don’t, that’s probably the end of the Republican Party as we know it.”
SOURCE: www.ktla.com...

I agree with Senator Graham's assessment. After failing to follow-through on their 7 year pledge to repeal ObamaCare, not passing Tax-Reform/Cuts will be the final straw for the Republican party as it exists today. They'd be toast!

But what isn't clear, is if Democrat leadership along with the liberal press/bloggers, will fight tax-cuts/reform, just so they can take control of the House of Representatives, and attempt to impeach President Trump?

Also, are Democrats across America willing to give up tax-cuts/reform, in support of their party's attempt at retaking the House, and working to impeach Donald Trump?

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/29/2017 by carewemust because: url strangeness

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
of course they tow the party line. if anything can be counted on that can be. personally though im not sure how failing to pass a tax reform plan means impeachment, but ok.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I thought Lindsay Graham was a rhino. And to be honest he is about as establishment as it gets. So why should we care what he says?

That being said, I think it's obvious to many both parties are broken and in ruins. Let's take advantage of it and get a third or independent in next.

Either way you cut it, both parties are content using a majority of our budget for perpetual war to benefit a small portion of the private sector.

Its time for isolationism ladies and gentlemen. America is the third largest country both in mass and population with immense resources.... Let's act like it.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
of course they tow the party line. if anything can be counted on that can be. personally though im not sure how failing to pass a tax reform plan means impeachment, but ok.

Failing to pass Tax Cuts-Reform would give Democrats more appeal when the 2018 elections come around. If Democrats win the House, Nancy Pelosi will be majority leader. Majority leader of majority of Democrats can start impeachement proceedings.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Assuming all Democrat Senators vote against Tax-Cuts/Reform, almost every Republican will need to be onboard as a "yes". I think only 3 can say "no", for the bill to pass.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Assuming all Democrat Senators vote against Tax-Cuts/Reform, almost every Republican will need to be onboard as a "yes". I think only 3 can say "no", for the bill to pass.

How about spending cuts instead?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The Democrats don't want Trump impeached.

For the same reasons that Republicans don't want Roe v. Wade overturned.

Both are sources of constant motivation for their base.

Plus, dealing with Trump is preferable to dealing with Pence. And if Trump is left in, Democrats likely have calculated that their chances in 2020 are far higher.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The budget for 2018 was passed this week already. Maybe cuts for 2019, going forward.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

The radical factions of the Democratic Party wants Trump impeached. They don't care if Pence, or Mickey Mouse for that matter, takes his place. They will be the thousands participating in "screaming at the sky" day, on November 8th.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The budget for 2018 was passed this week already. Maybe cuts for 2019, going forward.

Cool. So we're all in agreement to end the pointless wars?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Failing to pass Tax Cuts-Reform would give Democrats more appeal when the 2018 elections come around. If Democrats win the House, Nancy Pelosi will be majority leader. Majority leader of majority of Democrats can start impeachement proceedings.

yeah but based on what exactly? cause they dont like him? good luck with that. not sure what u deem a serious abuse of office but failing to get tax reform passed isnt one of them. it amazes me how people are so willing to overturn normal constitutional procedures
edit on 29-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The Establishment Strikes Back... this will be Ryan and McConnell's next move in the fight against Bannon. They don't care if Republicans have majorities as there is really only one party in power anyway (and it's not Democrats or Republicans)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I see your point about the tax bill and 2018 and yes that is a possibility... However I doubt Pelosi will make it much longer as her dementia seems to be exponentially progressing day by day (one can hope, no).. Just goes to show you do not have to have a brain (just good handlers) to be successful in Washington D.C.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
According to him and MSM news,another lame post about someone giving their 2 cents,no proof to his rant,why is it liberals tend to follow that that sounds good to them,don't they ever wonder if it's true? some conspiracy all it lacks are any true facts

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

The question is, are senators willing to raise taxes on the middle class to give wealthy more.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ahhhh, yea, that's rich........ KTLA, liberal heaven. The world's hub for all things perverted and insane Los Angles.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
End of the Republican party, end of the Democratic party.

Best case scenario, the whole damn corrupt system collapses.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Sounds like Graham is being overly dramatic.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I don't think it matters if tax reform happens or it doesn't...unenployment is down and the market is strong..ISIS has been crippled and it does not seem to matter..tax reform for republicans mean the rich will most likely benefit from tax breaks.

They are just looking to save their jobs at this point.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

ISIS just attacked and killed four of our best in Africa.

They were outgunned. Probably to save a few bucks to give the wealthy " the biggest tax cut in history".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join