It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Bath Rap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
just thought this was too adorable not to share it...

hope you enjoy

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313
hehe. he was actually quite good. he didn't act like my cat when he bathes, like the apocalypse was coming.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
hehe. he was actually quite good. he didn't act like my cat when he bathes, like the apocalypse was coming.

So true ! Why is it that cats hate bathing so much ? Birds are ok with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Very cute video OP, and that dude is a pretty decent rapper.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

im slowly getting him to the cat in the op's stage. i sing to him, rub his ears and try to calm him while i bathe him.

on a side note, i was told that one of the reasons cats dislike the water is because of their ears. its an innate feline trait to ensure their ears never gets wet, or water enters them. it probably has to do with a lingering survival instinct from their ancestors which didn't dissolve as we began to adopt cats into our lives long ago.

so I started to keep his head dry when I bathed him, and eureka, immediate progress.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

My cat is a stray, a female, a ginger and an asshat and I love her. Met her 1 year ago, ribs showing and flea bitten to hell but dam, if I hadn't have ordered KFC that day, which i fed her i would never have met her. Me little baby.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I commend you all for raising felines to feed to your dogs... #ing filthy animals cats are.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

you'll find that cats keep themselves much more cleaner than canines.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I suppose technically, speaking from a theoretical standpoint, nit picking (pun intended char char char) if you will, you are derailing the thread, I jest of course

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

This is why they make excellent feed.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I like to think of myself as a thread assassin... I lay in waiting.... some times under a bridge... i've been known to eat sheep and the odd people bones and all.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i have two rescue kitties myself. fortunately, i don't have to bathe them much. the one was good at keeping herself clean from the start, and her brother... it only took one bath for him to realize the consequences of poor hygiene

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

People! There is a Wolf among us!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

How did you spice the soup?

Bay leaves ? Curry? cat can be quite tough if prepared improperly, I like to go all day for soups or stews.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

How did you spice the soup?

Bay leaves ? Curry? cat can be quite tough if prepared improperly, I like to go all day for soups or stews.

your humor is just so excellent that my senses have been overcome. i am dazzled far past the point of joining you in your witty repartee.

please accept my apologies!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Bahahaha! Truth!

Cute video!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
When I lived in Ahwatukee Az we had a kitten that used to jump in the pool when playing with the dog,no fear at all was an Osicat

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The trick to cat bathing is to start them at kitty age, so I have read. I didn't and my cat DID NOT LIKE IT! I was not in the bath at the time but neither was the cat, for more than a second or two. The stress and their physical reaction is something that should be tested gently. The loud sound of running water is often enough to put a cat into panic mode. The cat didn't come near for me almost a day. We tried it once more and never again. Too stressful and painful. It can scar a person...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Cats are quite good at keeping themselves clean. Why do they need baths? I have never bathed any of my cats over the years.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

i've heard that kind of cat is fond of water.. and they're so beautiful, too!

a reply to: kaylaluv

generally haven't had to, but sometimes they were taken too early from mom to learn the good hygiene for themselves... or they get too old or too tubby to do a proper job... or they get into some nasty ish you wouldn't want them licking up

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Cats are quite good at keeping themselves clean. Why do they need baths? I have never bathed any of my cats over the years.

With long haired cats, they can sometimes get poo stuck in their fur. If it is an elderly cat or one with health problems, they may not clean themselves up well.

I used to add the warm water first then slowly immerse the cat. Most were ok as long as I did a quick job of it. If you get a kitten and start when they are young it can be a breeze like Light said.

top topics

join