It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intel Investigation Gains Access To Fusion GPS Bank Records

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How do you reach a settlement when you have a sobpena for your records ? a reply to: burntheships

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Fusion GPS had filed a motion objecting.

I suppose this means they will now comply rather than fighting.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I would be surprised if they find anything of note.

Don't we already know the Washington Free Beacon (along with Billy Kristol) were the first to start it? And then the DNC came along, right?

What if they find the Female Russian Attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya was paid by Fusion GPS? Would that be something of note?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

In 2013, Veselnitskaya hired the law firm BakerHostetler to represent Prevezon, a Russian holding company based in Cyprus accused by the US government of laundering stolen cash into New York City real estate. Browder told prosecutors that the laundered money was stolen from Russia as part of the tax-fraud scheme that Magnitsky uncovered.

To rebut that claim, BakerHostetler hired Fusion to dig up dirt on Browder, he says. The wealthy investor, who renounced his US citizenship in 1998, has since characterized Fusion's work for BakerHostetler as a "smear campaign" against him and Magnitsky carried out "in advance of congressional hearings on the Global Magnitsky Act."

Business Insider

Actually it looks like Veselnitskaya hired Fusion GPS from the same degree of separation from which Hillary/DNC hired Christopher Steele Fusion GPS.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

it is my hopes and wishes that at the end of the day when all the facts and truth come out about the 2016 election and which entities were engaged in corruption to ensure Hillary Clinton was nominated, that the Democratic and Republican parties are totally and utterly destroyed forever - because suppressing real human freedom and engaging in social engineering for nefarious purposes is NOT why humans exist on Earth.

One can only hope.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I whole heartedly agree.

Both parties need to clean house. We seem to have another problem
that has reared it's ugly head and is much more dangerous. That
monster which some call the deep state...or the shadow government.

I would like to believe someday a leader
could not only survive the fight, but win the battle.

It appears Trump is trying, and for that at least he
has my support. I'm not sure the swamp creatures can
be driven to extinction, but perhaps delivered a few
death blows to set them back decades...

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
How do you reach a settlement when you have a sobpena for your records ? a reply to: burntheships

By agreeing to not hold the attorney/client privilege as a dangling carrot.

Remember all these players are lawyers.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They sure fought this one hard. Fusion connections to CNN and
my bet is a direct flush of cash from Ukraine or Russia.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

We shall see.

I won't hold my breath till someones in jail though.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

We already know the FBI tried to fund it. Whether they did or not isn't relevant anyone.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Could they not be investigating who owns Fusion GPS? Looked into that a few months back when their name became public and the records get very strange very quickly. Parent company has its fingers in all kinds of pies but links back to an endless list of companies that appear to be fronts (records show little/no activity apart from forming the next company in the chain before closing).

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Looks like Obama also is involved.

The timing and nature of the payments to Perkins Coie by Obama’s official campaign arm raise significant questions about whether OFA was funding Fusion GPS, how much Obama and his team knew about the contents and provenance of the dossier long before its contents were made public, and whether the president or his government lieutenants knowingly used a partisan political document to justify official government actions targeting the president’s political opponents named in the dossier. According to the Washington Post, Fusion GPS was first retained by Perkins Coie on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign in April of 2016.

thefederalist.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Imagine if the bank records show Obama's direct involvement?

Clint Eastwood was right!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So the anti-Trump republicans, Hillary's campaign, and Obama's organization all paid Fusion GPS.

What the. . . . . .?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Do you really think he would be that stupid? Everyone uses surrogates so they have plausible deniability. If anyone takes a fall on this I doubt it will be politicians, as we hope, but the firms they hired or their surrogates.

edit on 29-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sure it won't be his bank account...I was thinking OFA,
or another of his slush funds.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So the anti-Trump republicans, Hillary's campaign, and Obama's organization all paid Fusion GPS.

What the. . . . . .?

Apparently, Trump drives people crazy.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sure it won't be his bank account...I was thinking OFA,
or another of his slush funds.

Either way it would never be tied to him, things like that get tacitly delegated to underlings so the principal can claim they were unware.

Get prepared to see it with the FusionGPS fiasco as well. No one will know anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Do you really think he would be that stupid? Everyone uses surrogates so they have plausible deniability. If anyone takes a fall on this I doubt it will be politicians, as we hope, but the firms they hired or their surrogates.

You should read my link, it's quite telling.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You should read my link, it's quite telling.

I caught that. I would wager everything I have that there were at least one, and potentially multiple, layers of authority between Obama and whomever moved the money and that no written endorsement to do so will ever turn up.

Nothing would make me happier than to see politicians end up in the slam but I don't think anyone of any note will come out of this with an indictment, let alone a conviction. It's going to be all low level slugs taking the fall, wittingly or not, for their bosses.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join