It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.Z. Royal Marines

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The finest corps of Marines on the earth, The Royal Marines Corps, is Three Hundred and Fifty Three Years old today. The amphibious arm of the Royal Navy has fought everywhere in every type of conflict with the highest level of skill professionalism and honour.

Enjoy that Red Jacket Dinner tonight Gentlemen. Your nation is very proud of you and the part you have played in the history of our great country. From the Fighting Tops, through the deserts, in the jungles, and on into the snow. Per Mare Per Teram.

edit on 28-10-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I wanted to join the army and especially the Royal Marines (SBS)for as long as I can remember, until 16 years old. Given the nature of conflicts since then I'm glad I didn't.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

There is a lot in what you say, sadly. Most modern conflicts seem to be fought to make a bunch of rich people even richer.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yet honorable service honorably done, is still worthy.

Happy birthday to the Royal Marines, from a Yank.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I completely agree. There is no higher honour than service and duty to comrades, the unit, and the flag.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Enjoy the party, green lids

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Happy birthday to the Royal Marines and our great allies. I do disagree they are the best but as a yank I'm expected to be biased. However, having served in Europe and gotten to know some of them they really are great mates. I hope they have a great dinner and a good evening. My best,

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Go Royal Marines!!Thank you from the USA!! Ummm we’re still number 1!!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have yet to meet someone who does not believe their nations armed forces to be the best, and that is how it should be.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I TIP my Stetson to the Marines of the FATHERLAND and the many things we have learned together since.
I saw a PUblic broadcasting show, about Marines going elite,some MEANY whaled into one guy with an SLR as a meet and greet for POW training,we waterboard ours.
AIN'T TRAINING a blast?
I wouldn't KNOW from Marines ,,,THEY seem INTOLERABLY loud to us RECCE boys.
edit on 29-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Thank you for your gracious post. I have always been very proud to call the U.S. and its people great friends and allies to the U.K.. I think the documentary you are referring to is the one that follows a squad of Royal Marine Commandos as they undertake the Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre. It is one of the most demanding courses that tests those with the highest fitness levels to the limit of endurance.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Thank you for your gracious post. I have always been very proud to call the U.S. and its people great friends and allies to the U.K.. I think the documentary you are referring to is the one that follows a squad of Royal Marine Commandos as they undertake the Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre. It is one of the most demanding courses that tests those with the highest fitness levels to the limit of endurance.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

When they jumed over that CHASM,I temporarily lost testicular function.
Too bad US forces can 't train more with UK forces,IF nothing else to KEEP US from getting bored...at the troop level anyway..

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

There has been some joint Arctic training of late. At the moment there are cost saving proposals to scrap HMS Albion and Bulwark which are the two amphibious assault ships and cut the Royal Marine Numbers by a thousand.

Increasing the fleets overall carrying capacity with two new carriers plus large destroyers and frigates, while removing the amphibious capability is the mathematics of defeat.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Why dump the shooters NOW?
Leaders are weird.
NOW watch, KOREA,then Iran will pop and you guys will have to jump through HOOPS to replace them.
edit on 30-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If politicians were competent and honest they would have real jobs.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

There has been some joint Arctic training of late. At the moment there are cost saving proposals to scrap HMS Albion and Bulwark which are the two amphibious assault ships and cut the Royal Marine Numbers by a thousand.

Increasing the fleets overall carrying capacity with two new carriers plus large destroyers and frigates, while removing the amphibious capability is the mathematics of defeat.

Increasing? Even when the new vessels will be complete the entire fleet will be the smallest its been in decades. Our wonderful government even thought it would be a grand money saving scheme, to get rid of our only anti ship missiles!

Apart from ranting at the ineptness of our government, happy late birthday to greatest Marines on the planet.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Therewearethen

The number of vessels will be slightly less but the overall carrying capacity of the fleet will be larger and the Global Naval Power Projection will be greater. That does not mean I agree with the there being a smaller fleet, and I stick by my statement that reducing the fleets amphibious capability in these circumstances is folly.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Really? I don't think the projection would be greater a significant amount. All the new ships being built or already built, Type 45s, aircraft carriers etc, have been planned for over a decade and this government have cut the number of type 45s originally planned from 9 to 6. Thats just one major procurement. They've gone for a cheap option for our new light frigate and are planning on reducing the numbers, again originally planned, from I believe it was 13 to 8.

I honestly believe, we need missile cruisers like the yanks have which are anti ship and capable of hitting targets on land. Dont get me wrong the T45s are great (when they work) but its all about capabilities. Like to see more subs planned aswell.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Therewearethen

The total combined RN/RFA lift capacity will be greater than it currently is, and as the Naval Power Projection is at its lowest ever, that will also increase somewhat. That is not me saying I think it is in anyway adequate. I wholeheartedly agree with what you say about missile cruisers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join