It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member - weird experience - input appreciated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

No problem. I'm waiting for him to say his girlfriend left her camera phone at home too.

Then explain also how he shrugged it off. Are you kidding me!? The one time in my life I saw a thingy, I told everyone! back when you didn't talk of such things. A once in a lifetime thing, terribly excited-- "shouting from the roof tops" kind of thing. The arguments it sparked between my best friend and I cost our friendship , and he was there with me !

It didn't matter, I had seen one, I couldn't shut up about it. I compare others reactions to their 'sightings' to my own. It is a very compelling experience. He may have had one too. Just digging at the recounts like any curious skeptic would or should.

That should give some people ammo to shoot back. Bring it. Can't take that from me.

edit on 29-10-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Hi, NS,

Perhaps just welcome the new member and their enthusiasm to join ATS and report the experience. I'm surprised as much as I guess you are.

Hard to get your head around replies sometimes but nowadays I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Hi, NS,

Perhaps just welcome the new member and their enthusiasm to join ATS and report the experience. I'm surprised as much as I guess you are.

Hard to get your head around replies sometimes but nowadays I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Kind regards,

bally

Each to his own I guess.

It would be quite easy to dismiss or ridicule anyone that saw something odd or thought outside the box but then that is kind of the point of ATS and we would have no members to talk to as they would all have been turned away on arrival.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Okay. No worries my end.

Just asking. New member and all you know.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm sure, just welcome a new member.

bally

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

One persons skeptic is another ones rude.

You want to be courteous, use your blinker while driving.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It is quite easy to be skeptical without bieng rude, most people do it with ease.

I do not drive so I can't use my indicators.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

It is quite easy to be skeptical without bieng rude, most people do it with ease.

"Quite easy" calling people rude, just for calling others into question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a reply to: bally001

No problem. I'm waiting for him to say his girlfriend left her camera phone at home too.

Then explain also how he shrugged it off. Are you kidding me!? The one time in my life I saw a thingy, I told everyone! back when you didn't talk of such things. A once in a lifetime thing, terribly excited-- "shouting from the roof tops" kind of thing. The arguments it sparked between my best friend and I cost our friendship , and he was there with me !

It didn't matter, I had seen one, I couldn't shut up about it. I compare others reactions to their 'sightings' to my own. It is a very compelling experience. He may have had one too. Just digging at the recounts like any curious skeptic would or should.

That should give some people ammo to shoot back. Bring it. Can't take that from me.

I was in a war dude. Do you have any inkling of how extreme a situation that is for a human being ? It wasn't even /that/ bad in historical terms and is still far, far, far more significant an impact on my life than "once i saw a thing in the sky." My ability to be excited is a little bit dulled as you can imagine.

Forgive me that I don't share your childish enthusiasm that I would run around like a lunatic screaming at people there's something in the sky like I'm Dorothy from Kansas. I didn't "shrug" it off - I did something that's probly difficult for you to grasp if you aren't a professional adult. It was highly strange and somewhat disturbing. I reported it to MUFON (since thats what... they're for?) and went on with my life. Sulking around my house or ranting on the internet or making youtube videos - forgive me, but I fail to see how any of that would serve any purpose whatsoever. What am I going to say that a million other people havn't already? How is that going to help me or anyone else in any possible way? I have children and an extremely busy work schedule to worry about.

I still think about it often, Im pretty sure that was clear since its been over a year later and now I'm posting about it on the internet.

Because someone doesn't have the same reaction to a situation as you = liars, that's your logic ? You must be a fantastic Psychologist to make those kinds of assertions, since apparently there's only one personality type now - yours.

I didnt say "girlfriend" I said wife - for someone so obsessed with details you'd think you would have been able to remember an important distinction like that. Then again, attention to detail was actually my profession, not yours.

I just wanted to share a story in a place that made sense to do so with others I may be able to talk about it with who may have had similar experiences. It's a pretty normal thing for a person to do - you're acting like im #ing John Lear or something or trying to convince everyone theres an alien city completely made of gold buried 900 feet below the great pyramids.

Get a life

EDIT: The only reason I bothered to reply is it actually seems there are some reasonable people on this forum after all so it may not be worth writing it off altogether, as was my intention yesterday. I have to deal with enough thick headed cretins like this in my life - the beauty of the internet is such I can just pull the plug and not have to endure the idiocy. There's still time for you to change my mind back though.

Thanks to all the other members for their replies.
edit on 29-10-2017 by JMack674 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JMack674

Good on ya mate. Regards for your service.

See you on the boards,

bally

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JMack674

Well said and good for you mate, hope you stick around a bit more.

That dude will really grate but he is actually an alright chap just lacking in most of the social normalties we all take for granted so do not take it to heart and with patience you can alost grow to like him.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

jmack hope you stick around! I can relate to "no pictures" one of my first posts was in a thread where we were sharing stories about ufos...I was driving on the freeway and something box shaped up in the sky....trying to drive safely so just glancing....my daughter and son in law are in the car they see it too,,,I told the son in law grab out your phone and get pics...it was only secs he gets it out and looks up and it s gone.....

there was actually something in the paper that week other people had seen it as well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join