It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member - weird experience - input appreciated

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JMack674
Hello from Russia, my northern brother!

Usually I don't bother myself with stories like yours, but keeping in mind that your military experience might be real and you obviously don't look like an attention seeker, I appreciate you've shared it.

I have like a zero experience in UFO analysis, so maybe your story will be the first one to draw my attention into the whole issue of UFOs and stuff.

As for believers, you know, I had had several mind-changing experiences that were very paranormal (in case somebody cares, one issue was telekinesis) and changed my way of thinking and being. But I'm still not sure whether I'm ready to share it publicly, because they were so bizarre and completely unbelievable! I would never believe if anybody told me, for instance, that he had had several telekinesis experiences. Lolwut?!
But I knew it was me so I had to believe it. And I don't even bother myself to tell my stories, though some fellow ATSers would call me a demure concealer.))
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: typo

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Welcome to the forum. You have an interesting story here. You say you were near a house that was being renovated, did you maybe notice any of the construction crew, if they were working at the time, witnessing at the object as well or hear them making any commentary on it? You can never have too many witnesses. The closest thing I've gotten to seeing a ufo was a few years ago when i was stargazing at the park and there was a shooting star that seemed to move, pause for a moment, then swiftly move away and out of sight, which was very obviously not natural.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
MOD EDIT
edit on 10/30/2017 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I'm not going to have my intelligence insulted as if I can't differentiate a balloon from a huge floating machine in plain view. But yeah maybe, the residents of CFB Petawawa are known to tether enormous ballons over their rented homes on government property - in restricted airspace where our helicopter squadrons train around the clock. Sure thing.

I agree. Especially since you and your girl were the only ones that saw said anomaly, over a military base, in restricted airspace, where helos train, round the clock and radar operate exclusively.

Edit: By the way, welcome to ATS. This is why they say fasten your seat belt and keep your hands inside the car at all times. Don't trip too hard. Everyone gets a trial by skepticism.

edit on 28-10-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JMack674

originally posted by: intrptr

What my wife and I saw was much much larger than this, and literally shrank into itself and disappeared over 30 seconds right in front of our eyes. It also stayed in place as it shrank - for a balloon twice the size of a chinook helicopter rapidly losing air thats a pretty interesting balloon.

Yes it would be. Shrinking (deflating) while staying in place (tethered) is anther way of looking at it.

Plus, it was in the residential area of the base a pretty good distance from anywhere.

Getting more difficult to remain objective.

I'm Sure you saw some-thing But-- excluding actual imagery, we have to rule out other possibilities first.

Which we can't.

Then why bother? I'm not going to have my intelligence insulted as if I can't differentiate a balloon from a huge floating machine in plain view. But yeah maybe, the residents of CFB Petawawa are known to tether enormous ballons over their rented homes on government property - in restricted airspace where our helicopter squadrons train around the clock. Sure thing.

I regret posting anything - nevermind, it isn't worth the aggrivation.

Cheers
Ignore the naysayers...They can't prove UFOs don't exist any more than you have proven they do...There are many, many of us on ATS who really appreciate UFO accounts that members give...It's comical watching them try to justify what we saw by what they know...We already know about balloons and cloud formations and swamp gas...Maybe they don't know how foolish they sound when they try to tell us what we saw when they didn't see it...Don't get discouraged...

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
MOD EDIT
edit on 10/30/2017 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mack674

Welcome aboard, Jmack...or is it just Mack? Your user name seems to have changed, lol

Interesting story, thanks for sharing, and hopefully someone here can help you further identify this.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! You’re in the right place... πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ƒπŸ˜ŠπŸ™ƒπŸ˜ŠπŸ™ƒ

What does your wife say about it? Does she stick up for your version of events, or downplay the experience? I’m curious, since most of the time people are alone when they see interesting things like you did...

Gwynn

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Welcome. Thats an awesome story. Enjoy your time here. I bet you will have fun.

Have a good one

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
JMack, baby.....welcome here

saw that on base?...

now the 400 foot cigar I saw over Dallas for 12 seconds was going in and out of cloak......glad to meet ya!!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Interesting experience and I can relate to having very sharp eyes for what's in the sky and military experience. I'm also highly cognizant of my own thinking, a strange sort of self-awareness where I'm frequently assessing my own mental state and the possibility that I'm hallucinating (in the common visual sense, not drug-induced or from psychosis), or seeing something paranormal. Our minds can play tricks on us regarding what we see, hear and feel very easily, so I always do a rigorous diagnostic in a sense when something truly bizarre happens.

When a friend of mine explains something paranormal they experienced who has never had such past experiences, has never shown signs of being mentally unstable, is not sensationalistic or attention-seeking, is honest, is educated in science and appreciates logic and reason, and yet takes the time to give me a detailed account of something inexplicable...

...that is what I consider a credible source. Anything else is a bigger leap of faith whether you want to trust the source or not.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: VicenteLoco have ya seen an orb?...I think half of us get to see something in a lifetime.....I'm 65 and have seen two ofo's and a gozillion orbs....plenty in East Texas...associated with lit up at night drilling rigs....

edit on 29-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hi,welcome to ATS
I've seen quite a few Ufo's out here in the African Bush where we live.Some quite spectacular sightings like a ufo chasing another,once several,almost like a military parade,and the Orange ufo was a frequent visitor around 2012.Fascinating stuff.There was a silver disc here too some years ago.Used to be quite a hotbed here but it's gone quieter in the past couple of years.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Mack674

There isnt any radar in Petawawa,

Whoops, you stated earlier airspace was restricted.

in restricted airspace where our helicopter squadrons train around the clock.

If its restricted its monitored by radar. Not that they cant hide from it if they want to. Or jump dimensions as you are implying?

Must feel special to be the only to see it. But keep quiet about it, then report it here. In the case of Chicago O'Hare, lots of people on the ground at the airport reported a 'hovering disc'. It even made the news.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Welcome JM.

Intrptr - I'm not quite understanding what you are implying or directing towards the OP. Has he done something wrong by reporting it here first?

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Welcome JM.

Intrptr - I'm not quite understanding what you are implying or directing towards the OP. Has he done something wrong by reporting it here first?

Kind regards,

bally

Skepticism and scrutiny aren't 'wrong'.

There are holes in the story big enough to drive a truck thru. So I am.

So what

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Nuthin really, just asking.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Welcome JM.

Kind regards,

bally

So what

Still working on those social skills as well I see.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Welcome JM.

Kind regards,

bally

So what

On the internet?

mmmkay...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Welcome JM.

Kind regards,

bally

So what

On the internet?

mmmkay...

Just because you are on the nternet does not mean that you should not apply basic common courtesy and politeness does it?

I know you are bit straight to the point at times but just because you have personally decided to disbelieve the OP that does not give you a free pass to be rude does it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join