It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are 'Imagine Dragons' trying tell us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have been following the music of Imagine Dragons for a couple of years now, not only because its good!

but also because i feel the messages they put out in their lyrics and videos seem to have hidden meanings,

of which i feel i understand a few but i am no adept at trying to find the hidden meanings in things, but,

much of IDs' (another HM?) music excites my gut, are they trying to tell us things, i dont know, thats why i am

bringing it here...

Radioactive

I raise my flags, don my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We'll paint it red to fit right in
Whoa

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age

Demons

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood’s run stale

I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside

When the curtain’s call
Is the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you made

Don’t want to let you down
But I am hell bound
Though this is all for you
Don’t want to hide the truth

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I was broken from a young age
Taking my soul into the masses
Write down my poems for the few
That looked at me took to me, shook to me, feeling me
Singing from heart ache from the pain
Take up my message from the veins
Speaking my lesson from the brain
Seeing the beauty through the
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
(Pain, pain)
You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
(Pain)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Just a young gun with a quick fuse
I was uptight, wanna let loose
I was dreaming of bigger things
And wanna leave my old life behind
Not a yes sir, not a follower
Fit the box, fit the mold
Have a seat in the foyer, take a number
I was lightning before the thunder

Thunder, thunder
Thunder, thun-, thunder......

Four songs for your consideration, the videos are more revealing than the lyrics..

Many Occult references!!, MK Ultra??

Like i said i am no adept, so hopefully others can lend their ideas!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnsSon

Imagine Dragons video, Radioactive

David and Goliath isn't just a metaphorical tale.

He had a sling to defeat their best, we have keyboards.

Welcome to the new age.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The lyrics to the first one remind me of The Allegory of the Cave. Spiritual enlightenment on a level of awareness. The others I haven't really looked at.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

i feel like Thunder displays different entities that are described in hallucinogenic trances, like the peyote spirit,

there is also loads of geometric shapes and loads of sheep lol

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Well, what do you think they mean?

I remember listening to these way back in 2011? It may have been earlier, I remember the album being out nearly a year before it became popular or music videos were released.

Anyways, the first one I always considered it was on about the new age of "enlightened ones" that was becoming ever popular at the time. Just like radiation and radioactive substances, the message and vision spread, it lingered in the minds and bodies of the "enlightened ones" and spread to those with their eyes closed.

Ahh 2012.

The second one?

Demons. The demons we have inside, the demonstration of those we hold esteem too.

"The saints we see are all made of gold"

Maybe these words were prophetic... The likes of Jimmy Saville, people society held high esteem for, we adorned them as saints, named roads and buildings after them. Only to find out they were kiddie fiddlers at a later date.

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you made

Never think others are holier than thou. Something I learned when this music was coming out is that no human is perfect, most souls have been tainted with deeds of the past.

A lot of this song seemingly is aimed at a lover, warning of the demons, saying how love could never be (I'm guessing) but the fact is we all have demons. Sometimes it's our worse side that attracts others, a side of us we deem ungood. Maybe this is what the line "when you feel my heat" alludes to.

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how

If it is about a potential relationship then this suggests cold feet or paranoia. His demons fate him to an existence of corrupting others. Hence the lyrics "I want to save their light".

Personally I find this hypocritical. I want to save you from me but you should help me save the goodness in you.

Don't give love for who we aught to be instead love who we are, demons and all. Obviously some humans are too far gone in their world of evilness, most of us are not.

I mean, if everyone didn't partake in human activity because "demons" we wouldn't be a social species. If your demons are that problematic them maybe you should seek help, isolate yourself or just get on with your life and consider putting some goodness into it.

Hmmm. My views on that last song have changed over time, who'd have thunk it.

Anymore?

That album had a few good songs to dissect.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yep.

The isotopes surely did spread. A lot has changed since the songs release.

People are still waking up, though some have been feeling tired for a while.

Me I always preferred these lyrics:

The bloody angle, the symmetry
Your cheap adhesive isn't holding me
My mouth is a gun I can shoot, I can show you the truth
And I don't need a reason to lie to you

No pun intended, no punishment
If I offended you, you needed it
Ideas are the bombs in your mind, a fissure in time
If you don't have a weapon you can't have mine

I can bleed if I want to bleed
I can fail if I feel the need

This face is my last confession
This life, it feels like a prison

Oh, I'm not afraid
I'm giving into grievances again
You're looking at an absolute zero
I'm not the devil but I won't be your hero

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

indeed, i only know their more popular songs with videos lol, but you have made some excellent points, cheers!

one of their band members revealed that they do have subliminal messages in their songs, the song he is talking about in particular is one i dont know but here is the link and what was said... www.mtv.com...
"It's a very different video; if you've watched our videos, you know to expect the unexpected. But I think this is my favorite," frontman Dan Reynolds added. "There's a lot going on it it, some if it is subliminal. 'Sno Gard.' I'll say that. It has no meaning to you, but when you see the video, you'll be like 'Sno Gard ... okay, Dan gave me a good hint.' "

And on Wednesday, when "World" officially premiered, we finally understood what he was talking about. The phrase "Sno Gard" — which is "Dragons" spelled backwards — pops up several times in the clip (a boy has it written on his T-shirt, and when the broadcast of the band's faked moon landing cuts out, it's seen on TV screens), though, if it means something more, well, we must be missing something."

i have heard of CT that talk about how we can subliminally see things in other unconscious ways that can have an effect on us, like archetypal images and words that can say things backwards or in an anagram form, we may not notice them consciously but unconsciously we take in everything and it has an effect.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Nibiru/Wormwood/The Desroyer is coming in 2021.

Many songs have been warning us in many ways....movies to......bad guys are trying to suppress the truth and good guys are trying to tell the truth...they fight on every level in society....music ...media....movies....books....entertainment....

Go watch the movie 2012 and then consider what happens when you reverse the last 2 numbers of the title.....this movie represents genericlly what is coming.
edit on 28-10-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

It is? Where is it now? Please provide some coordinates so I can see this.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It is? Where is it now? Please provide some coordinates so I can see this.

I dont need coordinates to know winter is coming....I am surrounded by evidence of it.....

Lets not drag the OP into one of the generic "proof or no truth" diabolical undertows ok?

Allow me to rephrase that....IMHO Nibiru/Wormwood/The Destroyer is coming in 2021.

My opinion doesnt need "proof" does it"?

You are basing your distraction on my comment being a contextual statement of fact right?....now it is an opinion.

Creed has some excellent examples like "My Sacrifice---[the video is awsome] as does Peter Gabriel with "Here Comes the Flood"and many artists have similar songs like "Are we out of the Woods yet?"

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Allow me to rephrase that....IMHO Nibiru/Wormwood/The Destroyer is coming in 2021.

It does if you want people to take you seriously. But it's cool, you can make all the outlandish and unsubstantiated claims you want, I wouldn't want you to break character.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

It does if you want people to take you seriously. But it's cool, you can make all the outlandish and unsubstantiated claims you want, I wouldn't want you to break character.

I am sharing an opinion not promoting facts.

OP....there is a macro-pattern in Television and Movies which has been preparing Humanity for this coming catastrophe for many years now.....go back to the beginning of the Fear Factor shows and the Survivor series shows where they took every day people and got them to do challenging things and to eat bugs and learn about raw survival skills....then consider all of the spin-offs......then consider all the End of the World movies and Zombie movies which also transfer immense volumes of survival knowledge.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You'd be surprised what the brain picks up subconsciously, and yes it does all have an effect.

Pretty much all our senses can be "hacked" and a lot of it is simple stuff really. Like how the colour of a room affects your mood, or how subtle aromas can wake you up, sounds and vibrations making you anxious... Naturally it's a highly commercial thing, think about it next time you're in a mega store belonging to a franchise.

Everything they do is researched to make you want to buy more. Streamline profits.

McDonald's doesn't want to staying in store for 2 hours (unless it's a party but then the party room is different) it wants you in and out. The opposite would be true for a restaurant.

Or you could spend a few days in uncomfortable shirts then spend a few days in luxurious ones. Then compare.

Obviously there's the conscious side of things, like itching. But subconsciously you might find your whole outlook on life has changed, because you're itchy as hell.

Now that might seem like a no brainer, but think about it.

Most brains work on a gear that doesn't have them questioning things 24/7, the brain can often be on auto drive.

Most people stepping into a cathedral are not considering the acoustics or how the architecture makes them feel, yet they are build to give a sense of holiness, power and an overall sense of the divine in comparison to pretty much anything else.

Brain washing and subliminal messaging has been well established for a very long time. I'm not surprised Imagine Dragons toyed with it.

After all, they didn't release music videos or advertisements till months after the music was released. Not in the UK anyways, they had time to play with it I'm guessing.

Fits with the theme of the music too.
edit on 28-10-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

My opinion is you'll change your 'opinion' when 2021 rolls around and your make believe planet or star doesn't show up as you claim.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

My opinion is you'll change your 'opinion' when 2021 rolls around and your make believe planet or star doesn't show up as you claim.

I make concessions for our Calender being tilted and off-base....basiclly even if I could pinpoint the date of the last event and tried to make the 3657 year cycle fit sensibly....I doubt it would fit seamlessly.....I refer to the late David Hamels timeline...which jives with the outside end of Gill Broussards spectrum of arrival possibilities.The messages in music are part nd parcel of a global heartbeat and it has been quickening lately.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Nice observations,well done.

Since I began paying strict attention to music looking for "hook sounds" and it became a habit.....I actually turn some songs off because of the annoying extraneous sounds like bells ringing or phones ringing or timed beeps....and when I notice one of these songs and am with company I make sure to get them to corroborate by listening closely until they can pick the sounds out to.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I make concessions for our Calender being tilted and off-base...

Like I said, you'll change it and your laying the groundwork for that oh-so-predictable change right now.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I hope what you say is true........ this world is becoming far too predictable!

of course i wont be stocking up on grains and such like things in the possible event.

if my knowledge on living of mother nature doesn't save me then..... oh well, Fight!

who knows but i will focus on it if it happens

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join