It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting, We were told it Would

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: DJW001

back then states were the one that made the union. there would have been no U.S. unless the states joined. many leaders of the time felt that states should hold more power than the federal government.

the notion that the federal government had more power, started with jackson. which shouldn't be.

Exactly.

Note what we call "states" everyone else calls "provinces", which is why for a good decade now I often refer to the USA as the "United Provinces", and "Americans" as "United Provincians".

Meanwhile, this iconoclasm we're seeing Antifa out committing, it's all happened before and its happening again

edit on 28-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
OP would prefer to dictate to this church (as well as States, cities and counties across the nation) what they can do on their own property with their own property.

OP’s beliefs are superior and must be obeyed?

Hogwash.

edit on 28-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

OP would prefer to dictate to this church (as well as States, cities and counties across the nation) what they can do on their own property with their own property.

no i would prefer that whiners didn't hold sway over people to the point that they are afraid to show who founded this country and rewrite it's history.

when you hide things your lying by omission. if your unconformable by the past no one is making you look at it.
why should others force people not to see something because they don't like it.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I can think of several countries in the past that let the creeps (for lack of a better word) come to power .... they then set about trying to erase history or do a rewrite more favorable to the new PTB .... Collectivist/Mao and they really had allot of history to erase not to mention China's first Emperor who had the scrolls and books burned for history started with him ... What a loss IMO

Maybe we could all start wearing a badge with two buttons... green button for good and red button for bad,, Anyone you meet can push one of your buttons ,,, Say after so many red/bad votes you are sent to reeducation camp.. sponsored by your loving collectivist government.... The mob always knows best and the individual or individual thought can not be tolerated... With the stupidity and IQ levels around 65 in way to many places it should make for some interesting times

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

“What we are witnessing is the Communist tactic of pressure from above and pressure from below, described by Communist historian Jan Kozak as the device used by the Reds to capture control of Czecho-Slovakia. The pressure from above comes from secret, ostensibly respectable Comrades in the government and Establishment, forming, with the radicalized mobs in the streets below, a giant pincer around middle-class society. The street rioters are pawns, shills, puppets, and dupes for an oligarchy of elitist conspirators working above to turn America’s limited government into an unlimited government with total control over our lives and property.”

“Of course, we know that these radical students are not going to take over the government. What they are going to do is provide the excuse for the government to take over the people, by passing more and more repressive laws to ‘keep things under control’.”
“The radicals make a commotion in the streets while the Limousine Liberals at the top in New York and Washington are Socializing us.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Core authoritarians that want to dictate the actions of others to them always have "good reasons" in their own minds for doing so.

The fact is that this church has the right to do with its property as it wishes, just as State and local governments have the right to do with their property as their constituents wish.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

core librarians want to dictate to others what they feel is appropriate in their view and apply pressure to private citizen, organizations , and government, and they cave, because they don't want and fear appearing not to be politically correct

if not for those that were whining the plaques and the memorials would still be there as they have been for over a hundred years.

edit on 28-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So now you want to curtail freedom of speech? I thought words couldn't hurt unless you let them.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So the "book-burners" are going after presidents now.

This is my "shocked" face.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So now you want to curtail freedom of speech? I thought words couldn't hurt unless you let them.

never said that, basicly what i'm saying isthat people that are whinng are curtail freedom of speech.

what give your right in not liking what you see, over my right to see the history of my country, that had been part of the landscape in some case, over a 150 years.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No, people using their freedom of speech is not curtailing freedom of speech. You and your friends are also free to contact the church and complain. So why don't you?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

Good thread
Seems to be more questions now than actual solutions. The Country is highly divided which doesn't help. A Revolution may be just what it needs.

Start by removing all those "controversial" statues, then burning those books with "controversial" chapters, then round up all those people that express "controversial" opinions for reeducation, and kill those that don't reform. Then start a new calendar system. Call the start of the revolution "Year Zero".
edit on 28-10-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Painterz

Only seeing this story on the one slightly dodgy website, any other sources?

all you got to do is look, there are plenty of others, here is one.

George Washington’s Virginia church taking down his memoria

but i got a feeling that no matter what source is used, wouldn't be good enough for you.

No need to be aggressive, just I had googled the story and only found it on one opinion piece website.

Your second link references the first opinion piece website as it's source.

So the original piece reporting this story doesn't attribute it's sources, and the churches website doesn't seem to contain any news or announcement about it.

So I was just asking the question if this was confirmed to be real is all.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990 Its a fools errand i suspect the churches diminished attendance has nothing to do with a memorial to the first president. The parishioners are not being served by the church which has lost its way don't blame it on george. I suspect no one will show up when the memorial is removed.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't think I am alone in thinking there are a lot of screwed up people in the USA. Calling a statue of a past president or predominant leader in our country racist is about as bad as burning herbalists at the stake because they were witches. Same twisted interpretation of evidence.

You can twist anything into something it isn't intended to be. foreign cars with two headlights that look like slanted eyes means you hate Chinese people because they have slanted eyes. Everything can be twisted, that is why a simple bill in congress turns out to be fifty pages long.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm pretty sure leftists threw that out of the window a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Opinions which negate and belittle local autonomy and control are absurd and stupid especially when put forth by those long whining and complaining about State's rights and the overreach of government.

As stated many times, authoritarians are fine with using the power of government to enforce their own beliefs and will.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Only seeing this story on the one slightly dodgy website, any other sources?

Same. The Hill is running it but is using Washington Times as a source which surprises me. A newspaper run by a cult that's been caught lying too many times doesn't seem like a great source.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What do these people have against tour guides?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A short story about Robert E. Lee and St Paul's Episcopal Church in Richmond; the first time a black man went forward to take communion at the bar everyone looked at each other in shock. Everyone but Lee who strode forward and knelt beside the Black man. Lee was a leader in life, not just in battle. He freed the slaves he inherited through marriage and never bought any. If anything Lee should be held up as a progressive who wasn't afraid of popular opinion. The only thing he feared was doing wrong by God or his fellow man.

PS - He never called the Union troops he faced "the enemy". He always referred to them as "those people".

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
How the hell can I tell my children to look to history when everyone is busy erasing it from our view?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join