It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

He stands to lose the most and doesn't have the same connections. In other words, he can be swayed much easier than any other in the ladder.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: ketsuko

It does make me wonder if he knows something though.

He is simultaneously an evil genius and the dumbest most incompetent man alive ... just like W. Bush was.

EDIT ***

Whatever this is, I am guessing the other sites are having trouble corroborating because you'd think as big as this is or should be, they'd be falling all over themselves to report it by now if it were easily verified.
edit on 27-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Don't know who this guy is, but...

Mueller charges are against Paul Manafort for work he did at the Podesta Group prior to 2015. Charges against Tony Podesta to follow.

twitter.com...
edit on 27-10-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He is simultaneously an evil genius and the dumbest most incompetent man alive ...

So, like every human?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Someone leaked and thus someone could be taking a huge risk getting the info out. I'm guessing it's only one source that CNN got exclusively.

It is telling that no one has their talking papers yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

twitter.com...

Not sure I am going to buy a guy named PsychoKiller Covfefe@SammyHains word on it.

Sounds like just one guys opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

I haven't seen it on Drudge yet, and you would have thought FOX would have broken in or reported it on a commercial break.

Here we go:

Tucker Carlson Source: Podesta Brothers and Manafort, Not Trump, "Central Figures" In Mueller Probe

www.realclearpolitics.com...

FOX News' Tucker Carlson said he has a source who told him that the Podesta brothers and Paul Manafort are the "central figures" Robert Mueller's investigation, not President Trump. The source, Carlson said, told him about events that implicate Manafort, the Podesta brothers, Hillary Clinton and her State Department, and Russian oligarchs. The source has been interviewed by Mueller's independent investigators.

"If true," Carlson said, the story weaved by the source shows the media is focusing on the wrong Russia story.

The source tells Tucker Carlson that Paul Manafort worked extensively with the Podesta Group as far back as 2011 on behalf of Russia. Manafort's Russian associates wanted to influence Washington and sought the Podesta brothers because of their ties to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

He said then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held a meeting with the Podestas that included a representative of the Clinton Foundation that specifically was about how to assist Uranium One in a deal that reportedly netted the foundation $100 million in donations.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

I liked this bit in particular:

The fact of the matter is that their baseless investigations centered around Hillary Clinton and uranium don’t carry the same weight as a grand jury indictment.

And I'll post as I please, thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Tempter

twitter.com...

Not sure I am going to buy a guy named PsychoKiller Covfefe@SammyHains word on it.

Sounds like just one guys opinion.

Totally. I'm not buying it either.

I have no idea who the charges are against. And unless someone with direct knowledge informed you specifically, then no one knows. We're left to wait.

Drama queens indeed, to whomever said that earlier.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah, but it's equally fascinating how many outlets are refusing to report with CNN as primary source on their say-so too.

Not many CNN reporting stories.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah I saw this live when it happened. I guess we will have to wait and see.

The thing is, if someone is incdicted, it will be no means a clear signle in which direction the investigation is going, with few exceotions.

For example, if Manafort gets indicted, half people will take this as proof they are about Trump, and half as proof they are about to nail the Podestas.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The Inquisitr is signalling Manafort's imminent arrest. There's no surprise there of course, he was highly compromised from the start.

Pa ul Manafort Arrested?

Paul Manafort could soon be arrested, with reports indicating that Donald Trump’s former campaign manager is the first to be charged in the Russia investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller.

edit on 27-10-2017 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm guessing it's only one source that CNN got exclusively.

Anti-Trump CNN would be the logical choice for a leak like this. But I think the charges could be dropped, if names/chargers were given to that diarrhea-mouthed network. It's a legal term.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's actually my guess as well. Manafort and some of his aides. At this stage, they are rounding up the players currently furthest from the administration that were involved, and then zero in on others from there. From what I've been hearing, they might push Manafort to flip on everyone else.

Come Monday, we shall see.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

For example, if Manafort gets indicted, half people will take this as proof they are about Trump, and half as proof they are about to nail the Podestas.

That may not be a bad thing.

If the rats don't know the ship is sinking only that it might, they may not be as inclined to dessert the ship until it's too late.
edit on 27-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette

The Inquisitr is signalling Manafort's imminent arrest. There's no surprise there of course, he was highly compromised from the start.

Pa ul Manafort Arrested?

Paul Manafort could soon be arrested, with reports indicating that Donald Trump’s former campaign manager is the first to be charged in the Russia investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller.

I hope the charges are FINANCIAL in nature. That would set the precedent for DNC/Hillary to be charged, a bit down the road.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That doesn't make sense on its face.

The source tells Tucker Carlson that Paul Manafort worked extensively with the Podesta Group as far back as 2011 on behalf of Russia. Manafort's Russian associates wanted to influence Washington and sought the Podesta brothers because of their ties to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The CFIUS vote was in October of 2010.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Would Mueller coerce Manafort into making up false accusations, just so he could "save face", by indicting more people? Mueller would have to get more than Manafort, after spending tens of millions of taxpayer dollars.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

He is simultaneously an evil genius and the dumbest most incompetent man alive ... just like W. Bush was.

EDIT ***

Whatever this is, I am guessing the other sites are having trouble corroborating because you'd think as big as this is or should be, they'd be falling all over themselves to report it by now if it were easily verified.

Bush had Cheney behind him to keep him on track. So he could be both.

Response so edit:

I noticed that too. NYT and WaPo seem to be silent on this matter so far.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That doesn't make sense on its face.

The CFIUS vote was in October of 2010.

The tucker source claimed much more than just Uranium one.

Here is a thread I did on it with the actual video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think you were on their too, but I am half asleep, so eh.

And from the members source above.

"At one point in either 2013 or maybe early 2014 our source says a meeting was held that included both Tony Podesta and a representative of the Clinton Foundation. The explicit subject of that meeting? How to assist Uranium One, that's the Russian-owned company that controls 20% of American uranium production, and whose board members gave more than $100 million to the Clinton Foundation. As our source put it, Tony Podesta was basically part of the Clinton Foundation," Carlson shared.

So I think it was talking about this meeting, not 2010.

Regardless, its an anonymous source,so take it with a grain of salt.
edit on 27-10-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join