It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm hoping that CNN ends up with major egg-on-face.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Another bet on Manafort. Mueller has been zeroing in on him for a while now.

This could be Mueller looking for an easy win, so he can claim victory and wrap up the probe.
edit on 27-10-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'll go out on a limb and say it's planted fake news, they are just curious as to who shows up at the airports to buy tickets out of the country???
maybe they should ground all flights for the weekend, our gov't could be a little empty come monday!!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think the fact that there is no leak regarding who it's about yet is a good sign for Trump.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Don't know if this will turn out to be significant or not but Politico is reporting tonight that the realtor who sold Manafort the condo that was raided, testified to the grand jury last week.

Manafort Realtor testified before grand jury in Russia probe

The Realtor who helped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort buy the Virginia condo that was recently raided by the FBI testified last week before the federal grand jury hearing testimony in Robert Mueller’s Russia probe, POLITICO has learned.

The real estate agent, Wayne Holland of Alexandria, Virginia-based McEnearney Associates, appeared before the Washington-based grand jury after a federal judge rejected the firm’s lawyer’s bid to quash subpoenas for testimony and records about various real estate transactions.

Holland was originally called to testify on Oct. 13, but objected to the subpoenas on the grounds that Virginia and District of Columbia law makes real estate broker records confidential.

However, U.S. District Court Chief Judge Beryl Howell ruled that those confidentiality statutes don’t preclude federal prosecutors from using grand jury subpoenas to demand details of real estate deals.

“The respondents are wrong: the information the grand jury subpoenas seek is not privileged under state or federal law and the government need not make any special showing to obtain these records, nor would production be ‘unreasonable or oppressive,’” Howell wrote in an opinion unsealed Friday. “The language of the District and Columbia statutes...make clear that real estate brokerage records may be produce pursuant to a federal grand jury subpoena without the necessity of an additional court order.”

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: carewemust

Because Trump & his heinous hooligans were committing conspiracy with Russian government agents to install Putin's puppet Trump in the White House.

K~

The liberal media has made this THEIR title for the investigation. Mueller is officially charged with finding if/how Russia influenced the 2016 Presidential election.

If he stays true to his mission, Mueller will find that Clinton/DNC worked with Russia to influence the election. Didn't work as planned, but they tried.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I think the fact that there is no leak regarding who it's about yet is a good sign for Trump.

Or that it's more FAKE NEWS from America's #1 Fake News Headquarters.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What could he possibly know?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

What could he possibly know?

He could no about financial crimes maybe unrelated to russians.

Or who knows maybe even more.

But perhaps Muellers strategy is to a) either get anyone he can for anything even if its not related to russia, or b) charge people in hopes they flip on bigger fish.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He could, at the risk to his business. That's not to say he didn't.

I fully agree to the idea that first come, first served in terms of information forked over.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No, just saying that the longer it goes without all the other outlets jumping on it, the more suspect it looks because it means the rest of them can't corroborate and aren't willing to simply use CNN as their source trusting that CNN did due diligence.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess you could give this one a pass. Anyone leaking details could be breaking the law.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The early snow storm in Minnesota is still one of ABC's top stories.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The early snow storm in Minnesota is still one of ABC's top stories.

Late October is early for snow in Minnesota? Its not uncommon to get in Indiana so I cant see that one.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mOjOm

You missed the accusations that the Russians used Pokemon Go to influence the elections?

Are you claiming that anything that was reported in that story is false?

I agree the story seemed legit to me, it checked out. There have been other reports of the Russians using Twitter accounts and Facebook pages pretending to be liberal or conservative groups based in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh wow, this is pretty big news. I'm interested in seeing what kind of evidence there is if that is ever available, also what the charges are and who is charged. I'm glad that Mueller has the authority to get to the bottom of this, wherever it leads.

Recently, I had been seriously considering the idea that although the Russians may have talked to Trump and his campaign, there may have been nothing illegal going on. If I am mistaken, I would like to know and have the people involved held accountable within reason.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
James Rosen:

Attorney for @PaulManafort tells me neither he nor his colleagues have received any word of their client being indicted.

twitter.com...
edit on 27-10-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Mannafort has been looked into for years, I think they would have already found something on him.

I think there is a better chance in Tony Podesta.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

That would be a highly tactical arrest in my estimation. The messenger that goes between all organizations and entities involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join