It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I thought Mueller could only "recommend" charges?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I personally think it's Manafort and possibly an associate like Rick Gates. I'm also going to speculate that it's a financial crime. Manafort is so effing dirty, from the start I couldn't imagine there was any way an investigation into him wouldn't result in some charges, even if it's got nothing to do with "collusion."

If Manafort is dirty and deserves prison, what word would you use to describe Hillary Clinton and what sentencing should she get?

Come on now, be honest. It could very well be her anyways so you might as well get ahead of the story...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Can we now change the stock comment to "something burger" now?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Key word "your opinion." The fact is the uranium one deal was a straight up bribe and then cover up by the Obama admin. After Mueller finishes this investigation the Obamas and Clinton's should be next.

Good to see The Trumpsters are out in force pushing this nonsense.

It might distract the people on ATS and maybe even a couple of news cycles, but it's not going to distract the voters and it's not going to distract Mueller.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I had a feeling something was on the way due to the recent flurry of spin coming from the Trump admin. Manafort is the most probable person, seeing as how he was raided by the FBI a couple of months ago.

But really, it could be anyone. For someone who claimed to want to drain the swamp, Trump's surrounded himself with a menagerie of swamp creatures.

link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
So no names, speculation it is small fish, no indication what type of fish.

Probably flying fish!

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I personally think it's Manafort and possibly an associate like Rick Gates. I'm also going to speculate that it's a financial crime. Manafort is so effing dirty, from the start I couldn't imagine there was any way an investigation into him wouldn't result in some charges, even if it's got nothing to do with "collusion."

If Manafort is dirty and deserves prison, what word would you use to describe Hillary Clinton and what sentencing should she get?

Come on now, be honest. It could very well be her anyways so you might as well get ahead of the story...

Good point! It's probably not Hillary, but Mueller is setting a precedent that will make Hillary receive a much harsher sentence than Manafort (or whoever), when her time comes.

link   

A 100 million dollar donation to the CF and a half a million dollar speaking fee for ol' billy boy with a night stay a putins private residence. Rebuttal?

Actually, the bulk of the $140-145 million in donations came from Frank Giustra, a Canadian billionaire pal of Bill Clinton's from 2004-forward. IIRC, they met at some benefit for Haiti. The first $31 million was donated in 2006. Also, at some point in 2006-7, Frank Giustra pledged another $100 million from his private charity.

Here's the thing though. Frank Giustra founded UrAsia Energy, a Canadian company. In February of 2007, UrAsia Energy merged with a South African company, Uranium One.

At that point, Giustra sold all of his stock and he never had a position in Uranium One. It was the new company, sans Giustra, that bought the first mine in Utah. I don't believe either had any holdings in the US prior. The majority of the rest of the donations from people linked to UrAsia Energy/Uranium One came before 2009.

It wasn't until 2009 that Rosatom bought a 17% stake in Uranium One. That was a deal that needed no approval by US authorities. It wasn't until the Summer of 2010 that Rosatom proposed a deal to acquire a 51% stake in Uranium One — the deal that CFIUS approved in October of 2010.

It was in that time frame that the last $250k donation was made by Ian Telfer, the new chairman of Uranium One who had previously given similar amounts to the CF. From what I recall, it was part of a project that included Giustra. It may even have been previously pledged.

Keep in mind also that Clinton was 1 of 9 votes and she delegated that responsibility to somebody else. She apparently didn't even attend the CFIUS meetings for the vote.

At least you didn't say anything about "selling the Uranium for export" — if you didn't also know this, the Russians have no license to export US uranium.

As for the $500k speaking fee. Yeah, the Clinton's get big money for speeches. The same group that paid Clinton for his speech have also paid other former world leaders for speeches. Including, IIRC, Tony Blair.

How much money do you think he's collected in speaking fees since he left the White House? I have no idea but I'm pretty sure it's in the tens of millions.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I agree with this.

Manafort is an incredibly shady character.

Even if Trump had no connection or knowledge of Manaforts possible crimes, it shows poor judgement to intially pick a swamp creature like this to his campaign

Whoever is guilty should be charged to the fullest extent.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I had a feeling something was on the way due to the recent flurry of spin coming from the Trump admin.

Not to mention the spin coming from Web bots and other assorted shills. It's pretty easy to spot them.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Maybe it's Obama

link   

Key word "your opinion." The fact is the uranium one deal was a straight up bribe and then cover up by the Obama admin. After Mueller finishes this investigation the Obamas and Clinton's should be next.

I dont disagree that that needs to be investigated.

But I stress that crimes from one side does not make the other side innocent.

link   
I remember 2 months ago when CNN's "experts" were gushing with elation and speculation, because Mueller had formed a grand-jury, or some ominous thing like that.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was wondering why Trey Gowdy was speaking so glowingly about Mueller the other day.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I won't shed a tear if Clinton is ever sent to prison. She clearly mishandled sensitive information and deserved some sort of punishment for that but then again, this is Trump world so maybe Obama could just retroactively waive his emperor's wand and say it was all declassified before it was sent/receive per him.

I'm only half joking. People at the top don't go to jail for that and they certainly don't go to jail for foreign policy decisions, no matter how many people end up dead and what a mess they make of it. Not unless they did f'd up stuff domestically and lose.

You know that. This is the USA. When you create a banana republic, we name an airport after you.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Oh the suspense is just so sweet isn't it???

They're gonna make us wait through the weekend even!!

What drama queens!!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I thought Mueller could only "recommend" charges?

He can recommend them to a grand jury who can then issue indictments. He can purse any charges on anything illegal that he uncovers. From Trump to Clinton to Bernie Sanders to the Pope, if he finds something over the course of the investigation he can purse legal action and follow through with it.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: underwerks
I had a feeling something was on the way due to the recent flurry of spin coming from the Trump admin.

Not to mention the spin coming from Web bots and other assorted shills. It's pretty easy to spot them.

Pretty easy to spot the paid shills as well.
They are the ones that carry all the water for the Leftists, no matter what damning revelations come out about their corruption.
That 2X4 is leaving a mark on the back of your neck, by the way.
You know.....the one that allows you to carry 4 buckets at one time.
edit on 27-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

So the Rightists who always carry the water for those on the Right and their crimes aren't shills???

How do figure???

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What I find strange about Manafort/Trump is that the story is that they didn't really know one another prior to the campaign. Manafort and Roger Stone go back to just about the same point as Stone and Trump and Stone has been a fixture in Trump's circle pretty much since.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join