It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Free Beacon Oringinal Funders of Fusion GPS Research

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

edit on 27-10-2017 by seeker1963 because: wrong thread

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

That's fine. If she lied about it then she lied about it.

But that isn't what you said the first time. You said it was illegal for her to spend the campaign money on it.

Now you're saying it's because she lied about it.

I'm just trying to figure out what is what, that's all.

So when the "illegal" parts keep changing from one post to the next you can see why I have to keep asking the same questions. Sometimes it takes asking over and over before you get a honest answer.

Maybe I wouldn't look so foolish, according to you, if others would actually answer correctly and honestly the first time the question is asked instead of always trying to push a narrative or thinking I'm against them for simply asking a question.

edit on 27-10-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sanders will attack others in speeches or interviews like all the rest.

But he made a point to not run ads like that during the campaign. He took that pretty serious too. He doesn't like attack ads at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Let me make it simple for you.

1) it is illegal not to disclose campaign finances.

2) It is illegal to perjure yourself before congress.

Both are illegal does that clear it up for you?

Oh by the way I was in the middle of editing my first post when you responded to me so I actually explained in my first post.
edit on 27-10-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Ok, well you still said at first that it was illegal for her to pay for it with campaign money.

So I asked if paying for opposition research with campaign money was actually illegal. That's all.

Then you said she didn't disclose that money spent. I never asked about if that was illegal because I know the answer to that.

I get the feeling you are presuming I have some agenda here to cover something up. I don't. I don't even like Hillary. I'm just figuring out what's what and asking questions.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It's yet to be determined if she knew about the existence of the dossier. The reporting so far has suggested not, including the sources for the initial piece revealing the DNC/Clinton campaign funding.

Also, tonight WaPo is reporting that Marc Elias was keeping it all very close to the vest, the implication being that neither the DNC nor Clinton campaign may have known about the hiring of Steele. Furthermore, he's apparently claiming that he never received the dossier himself either though he was briefed on aspects of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

So you are saying that Marc Elias spent 3.6 million dollars of Clinton campaign funds, and Clinton nor the DNC knew of this?

I call bull# she knew. So did Podesta.

Since when does the MSM ever report on anything anti-Clinton? She owns them!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It's yet to be determined if she knew about the existence of the dossier. The reporting so far has suggested not, including the sources for the initial piece revealing the DNC/Clinton campaign funding.

Also, tonight WaPo is reporting that Marc Elias was keeping it all very close to the vest, the implication being that neither the DNC nor Clinton campaign may have known about the hiring of Steele. Furthermore, he's apparently claiming that he never received the dossier himself either though he was briefed on aspects of it.

Garbage. There is no way, no way at all over 9 million dollars was going out the dooor and no one of importance knew about it. That is beyond the pale.

The Jimmy Dore video from page one of this thread some it up perfectly, the DNC is horribly corrupt and colluded with russia.

It is worth a watch.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Garbage. There is no way, no way at all over 9 million dollars was going out the dooor and no one of importance knew about it.

I hadn't looked into the amounts until just now but the claim from Fox News is $6 million from the Clinton campaign and $3 million from the DNC. That's a chunk of money.

However, the problem here is that without Perkins Coie financial records of the Fusion GPS & Orbis invoices, it's a black box.

$6 million is the total of *all* of the Clinton campaign's disbursements filed as legal fees. I checked the Trump campaign and there's were $3.3 million, with most of all of them going to the law firm of Jones Day (the largest law firm in the US). In 2017, those disbursements for the Trump campaign total somewhere over $2 million so far.

How much was Fusion GPS paid? How much was Christopher Steele paid? What if the number to Fusion GPS actually ends up being a million? And the amount to Orbis, a hundred grand? (I have absolutely no idea, just throwing out numbers here).

I don't know anything about the legality of paying for oppo research through a lawyer so I have no opinion.

The Jimmy Dore video from page one of this thread some it up perfectly, the DNC is horribly corrupt and colluded with russia.

It's a bit long but maybe I'll check it out. I'm not a huge fan of Dore. He's repeated straight up fake news matter-of-factly, including s# from True Pundit. I'm not generally that big on TYT either for that matter.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You are doing a great service to all Americans by standing up against these ridiculous and absurd lies that are being used to divide us and call the rule-of-law into question.

Hannity and the rest are traitors and should be treated as such when that fact becomes ever more clear along with ANYONE who propagates their lies.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You are doing a great service to all Americans by standing up against these ridiculous and absurd lies that are being used to divide us and call the rule-of-law into question.

Hannity and the rest are traitors and should be treated as such when that fact becomes ever more clear along with ANYONE who propagates their lies.

Again with this extremism.

You are off the rails.

Mentioning the fact that dems have lied for over a year, and they in fact did collude with Russia makes someone a traitor>

I guess progressive jimmy dore there is a Hannity loving traitor.

Former dem cia head Panetta also said this needs investigated, he must also be a traitor,

This extremism you are showing is quite frightening.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Guess we can apparently rule out a Republican candidate being responsible.

Bill Kristol.

A never Trumper.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Nothing surprises me about both DNC and RNC looking for dirt on Trump. I'm sure they do that with everyone who's trying for any seat in Government. I'm sure they both did it with Sanders as well as every other person running.

That's Politics.

I just don't see what part of this whole thing was illegal. But if it has to do with the Dossier put together by Steele, then I don't see how it could illegal beyond Fusion GPS since they were the ones who hired him.

Marc Elias from PerkinsCoie, a political law firm and hillary's big campaign guy, took charge of the so called research by Fusion GPS and had them hire Steele to go to Russia and get BS info from Kremlin agents.

Fusion won't open their books but the DNC and hillary's money flowed through Elias's firm to Fusion to the Russians.

$9+mil from them and no one knew about it? DWS or Perez or hillary or Podesta, lol.

And hiring russian agents for dirt on an opponent, even by proxy is illegal.

Lots of laws were broken.

www.perkinscoie.com...

edit on 10 28 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Xtrozero

It could also be that they saw he was their only chance to have any power and their only shot to avoid a Hillary Presidency so they decided to just fake their loyalty to get whatever they could while they had a chance.

Which is totally what some of them are doing as long as they can handle the stress of being part of this admin. and not get on Trumps hate list.

We need to understand Trump was not the choice of capital hill. What FB did at first was look at a number of candidates including Trump, but once it was clear that Trump was going to be the front runner they stopped with Fusion GPS, and a couple of months later that Hillary and the DNC engaged with Fusion GPS against Trump, which once again was still not wrong...When they went down the path of the fake Dossier that is where all the wrong started. There is a good chance that this fake dossier allowed Obama to get his DOJ and the FBI involved against a candidate and that is just grotesquely wrong.

This damn thing cost like 10 million and no one knows anything about it in Hillary's group or DNC...lol

edit on 28-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No I didn't. Not only is it common knowledge that they did but it's in statement from Fusion GPS that I included in the OP.

I'm trying to understand you point in saying "So now we know" statement in what started as a common routine investigation across multiple candidates. Fusion GPS and DNC/Hillary is a different event all together.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It seems that President Obama's old campaign organization, Obama For America, has paid the law firm Perkins Coie over $972,000 since April of 2016. They do have history together, Marc Elias represented OFA while he also represented the DNC. But the timing of the payments are curious nonethless.

Some questions I have... was the dossier created with the intent of truth or was it created with a wink and a nod to discredit an elected president? Was the dossier the basis for FISA warrants against the Trump transition team?

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A couple months later, it seems like its been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the DNC and Clinton paid for FGPS to help rig an election.

THEN they and others who aided them, took this all and ran a propaganda effort against a standing president and his adminstration. Sedition and treason.

That the DNC and Clinton paid FGPS to set up Trump jr with Russian intelligence and Russian criminal underworld elements that they themselves hired and colluded with.

If there is a track record being kept it must not look good for those who sold the Russia witch hunt.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2 3 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Anyone seen this?

apnews.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a story Feb. 2 about a Republican memo on the Russia investigation, The Associated Press erroneously reported that a former British spy’s work on an opposition research project was initially funded by the conservative Washington Free Beacon. Though the former spy, Christopher Steele, was hired by a firm that was initially funded by the Washington Free Beacon, he did not begin work on the project until after Democratic groups had begun funding it.

Minor correction?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join