It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Free Beacon Oringinal Funders of Fusion GPS Research

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: mOjOm

Obvious Mojo is obvious.

To provide it at such a high level is interesting to me.

Well, why wouldn't they dig up whatever they can for anyone?? I would think the higher the level person is would only make digging stuff up a bit more difficult but they could still do whatever they could to get it.

Also the higher the level the target the more important that info would be to find.

I'm not disagreeing with what they do or are. Like I said, I find it fascinating. Essentially private detectives at the highest ranks, except the results are political fodder instead of criminal cases.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Intent??

Ok.

But for one thing Intent is super super hard to ever prove. Second, the intent when going to opposition research is obviously to find dirt on someone anyway. So the intent would be the same for anyone who goes to opposition research wouldn't it???

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I think the hypothesis has some holes but this probably isn't one of them.

The fact that when funding was lost from one source they started shopping around for new funding might tend to show something about the nature of the work Fusion GPS was doing though — they were digging for dirt to sell regardless of who potentially paid for it. That tends to work against some of the more far-fetched theories that Fusion GPS was itself a Russian front trying to collude with Clinton somehow.

Also, dropping the funding like they did shows how quick Free Beacon was to fall in line once Trump had the nomination on lock but that's kinda to be expected from a conservative outlet.

It also discredits some blather I heard from Rep. Sean Duffy this afternoon where he was speculating publicly that there was no conservative funding at all, implying that it was a lie made up to cover up something more sinister.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You have your own thread for throwing out deflections for Trump. Please keep it there so we can stay on topic.

link   

It is fascinating. I agree.

Sleazy, dirty and slimy occupation for sure. But interesting. Also goes hand in hand with American politics for sure.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah that was already known and also, it's in the statement from the Free Beacon that I added to the OP.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Looks like this is one more brick in the DNC/Clinton Mausoleum.

Next they need discount Geiger counters.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Intent??

Ok.

But for one thing Intent is super super hard to ever prove. Second, the intent when going to opposition research is obviously to find dirt on someone anyway. So the intent would be the same for anyone who goes to opposition research wouldn't it???

Intent, compared to active working agents vs. opposition research.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ok. My question is was it illegal to hire Steele though??

Also, I'm still not sure I get why Intel Gathering with a Government Agent is collusion. That would mean every agent who's gathering Intel from other enemy Nations would be considered Collusion too.

I do not believe it would be illegal to hire steele, though I could be wrong.

Regardless, I dont think it is that big of a deal.

As far as intel gathering, well now it was the dems that started this fiasco.

They were very explicit with the Don Jr story, accepting dirt from the russians was collusion, possibly even treason. The difference is Don apparently received no dirt, and he did not solicit or pay for it.

As I said before, I do not think the first three points I made are near as significant as points 4 and 5.

It makes the dems look like hacks to scream about russian collusion while engaging in the same thing, and to lie about it. And it allowed Russia to interfere in our country in a huge way.

But the real scandal is if the russian sourced dossier that was paid for by dems was then used by the Obama admin in part to get fisa warrants to spy on his opponents (which although there are reports of this from CNN and elsewhere they are anonymously sourced so its not confirmed). And the FBI's unwillingness to cooperate with subpoenas to answer this, and possibly paying Steele themselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nothing surprises me about both DNC and RNC looking for dirt on Trump. I'm sure they do that with everyone who's trying for any seat in Government. I'm sure they both did it with Sanders as well as every other person running.

That's Politics.

I just don't see what part of this whole thing was illegal. But if it has to do with the Dossier put together by Steele, then I don't see how it could illegal beyond Fusion GPS since they were the ones who hired him.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I like Jimmy dore. He is a true liberal, and although I disagree with a lot of what he says, I find him sincere, intelligent and funny.

Like my friend Antedilluvian.

Except Dore is probably more handsome.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

You have your own thread for throwing out deflections for Trump. Please keep it there so we can stay on topic.

Thanks thread boss!

I guess I shouldnt respond to people making sincere points.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Well and I think with an outfit like this, the dirt is a commodity, not necessarily something that they need to be commissioned to do. In this case, like a private intelligence operation.

There's plenty left unknown that will be significant, particularly given the theories that are being spun up all over the right-wing currently:

* Who actually initiated the Russian aspects of the investigation. Was it the DNC, Clinton campaign, Mark Elias, Glenn Simpson?

* Did anyone from outside Fusion GPS sign off on hiring Steele?

* Were the memorandums from Steele (he said he sent 16 separate documents) shared with the Mark Elias (Perkins Coie), DNC, the Clinton campaign, etc.

According to Steele, starting in July, he sent information to an FBI contact himself.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

THAT'S telling him!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Right. So let's move to that too because I have a question there as well.

Once they had the dosser from Steele, even if they didn't know if all of it was correct or not, if they did believe certain parts were correct in it and those parts would justify warrants, wouldn't that still be grounds to get them???

Especially if those parts mentioned Manafort or Flynn who actually do raise red flags and we know why. So wouldn't that still be grounds for warrants.

I disagree with them leaking anything they didn't believe to be valid as a way to slander Trump, but aside from that it seems there may be some valid reasons for warrants too.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Ok. My question is was it illegal to hire Steele though??

Also, I'm still not sure I get why Intel Gathering with a Government Agent is collusion. That would mean every agent who's gathering Intel from other enemy Nations would be considered Collusion too.

I do not believe it would be illegal to hire steele, though I could be wrong.

Regardless, I dont think it is that big of a deal.

As far as intel gathering, well now it was the dems that started this fiasco.

They were very explicit with the Don Jr story, accepting dirt from the russians was collusion, possibly even treason. The difference is Don apparently received no dirt, and he did not solicit or pay for it.

As I said before, I do not think the first three points I made are near as significant as points 4 and 5.

It makes the dems look like hacks to scream about russian collusion while engaging in the same thing, and to lie about it. And it allowed Russia to interfere in our country in a huge way.

But the real scandal is if the russian sourced dossier that was paid for by dems was then used by the Obama admin in part to get fisa warrants to spy on his opponents (which although there are reports of this from CNN and elsewhere they are anonymously sourced so its not confirmed). And the FBI's unwillingness to cooperate with subpoenas to answer this, and possibly paying Steele themselves.

It wasnt that it was Russian individuals or Russian sources that was the problem. It was working directly with the Russian government that was the problem. One you seem so keen on ignoring to push your DNC/Russian collusion deflection.

Talking Points Brought to Trump Tower Meeting Were Shared With Kremlin

Oh look that lawyer you tried to say was a DNC operative was sharing things with the Kremlin!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I kind of admire Fusion GPS. Banking off of both sides.

Yes, high standards of integrity and morals to be Sure. Totally trustworthy.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The same Fusion GPS who's founder's father-in-law's company has a long history with Hillary Clinton?

That Fusion GPS?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Jimmy is cool. He like to talk mad sh*t about anyone in politics who's up to something regardless of any partisan lines.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I always wonder about the OP’s true intent. He failed to say that the Free Becon gave it all up long before the dossier and the hiring of a former spy. That was all on Hillary and the DNC, in the case with Trump the Free Becon is moot,and even demonstrates they couldn’t find anything and so it all had to be created out of thin air.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join