It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberia - Giant glowing ball of light in the sky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yes I read that and posted "A failed Russian rocket?" in the OP. As you quoted above "As photographer Yakovlev posted accurately: 'It seems I accidentally shoot the launch of a secret space rocket from Plesetsk'." The word SEEMS was used. Where are the pics of the rocket before it failed? Looking at all the pictures and videos I did not see any that look like a rocket in flight. I may have just missed that pic or maybe the picture was never taken or maybe it was not a rocket. We may never know but I am keeping an open mind and have been searching for more pics and info. Will post it here if I find anything more.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Failed? There seems to be a pattern.

His photo looks so strange, you might think it is Photoshopped. It's real. A sequence of images on Yakovlev's Russian language social media page shows the cloud expanding naturally into the atmosphere.
The instigating missile may have been a Topol ICBM reportedly launched from the Plesetsk space center 800 km north of Moscow toward the Kura test range in Kamchatka. The flight path is about right for a sighting by Yakovlev. Moreover, when Russia test-launched the same type of missile last month, some sky watchers reported unusual clouds then, too.
Perhaps last night high altitude winds blew some of this blue exhaust west, visually mixing with geomagnetic auroras over Scandinavia. Wright notes that the blue and green lights were indeed moving independently, as if they came from different sources. "I'm leaning toward the rocket explanation," he says.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I do not see how this could just be exhaust if you look at all the linked pics in the OP. I do see how it could be a kind of spiral made by failed rockets. I may very well be wrong because I admit I am not a rocket expert. You may be right about my fail

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I do not see how this could just be exhaust if you look at all the linked pics in the OP. I do see how it could be a kind of spiral made by failed rockets. I may very well be wrong because I admit I am not a rocket expert. You may be right about my fail

Here's how Topol missiles show up on youtube --
satobs.org...
The spiral seems to be a normal warhead spin-up thruster burn.

Other missiles....
satobs.org...
satobs.org...
satobs.org...

satobs.org...
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Very cool, thanks Jim. I see how that could be normal for that type of rocket. What are your thoughts on the 2009 Norwegian spiral?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

My report is here -- it was an unusually long-lasting spiral, but that seems tied in with it falling far short of its needed speed.

satobs.org...

Here's another kind of 'normal' spiral:
satobs.org...

I've spent a few hours studying the videos posted on Russian websites, THIS event is a bit different from the KYSS short-range Topol flights. The difference in the short-range KYSS series [my report] and THIS launch [full range] with the same Topol missile and warhead bus is that in the former, the spin-up spiral cloud is aimed down into the atmosphere and on THIS profile it's lofted high for maximum range so it expands and holds together a lot longer.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg
Good info, so you think the Norwegian spiral was a failure. It really was the strangest thing I have ever seen in the night sky. Wish I could of witnessed it in person

edit on 28-10-2017 by LookingAtMars because: Wishing

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The first one could be a natural anomaly something like an aurora.

The second one if definitely not natural.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i was reading about this yesterday and it just happened to coincide with a missile launch. ive seen quite a few launches with my own eyes and while the images look fantastic and out of this world, thats exactly what an exhaust plume looks like as it passes from our atmosphere into the vacuum of space. i hope u all get to see one with your own eyes one day cause photos dont do them justice.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale
Thanks for your input TheScale. I hope so too! Are you talking about the large glowing ball or the spiral, or both?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE

Mystery solved at the bottom of your OP source:

This was the launch of a Topol-M intercontinental ballistic missile from Plesetsk cosmodrome aimed at the Kura testing range in Kamchatka on the country's Pacific coast.

The launch was one of several last night in exercises by the Russian strategic nuclear forces, as confirmed by the Russian defence ministry. It was the the trace of the Topol rocket - capable of carrying nuclear missiles - that caused this extraordinary phenomenon in the sky. As photographer Yakovlev posted accurately: 'It seems I accidentally shoot the launch of a secret space rocket from Plesetsk'.

"This was the launch of a Topol-M intercontinental ballistic missile from Plesetsk cosmodrome aimed at the Kura testing range in Kamchatka on the country's Pacific coast.

The launch was one of several last night in exercises by the Russian strategic nuclear forces, as confirmed by the Russian defence ministry."

Yah don't forget, Russia owns the other half of all nuclear weapons in the world. Go ahead, keep poking the Bear in the eye with a stick, see what happens.
edit on 28-10-2017 by intrptr because: external content

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
From the videos I've studied and locations given, it's starting to look like observers may have spotted at least two different missiles of the four that were launched.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Click here for the real answer as to what this is. ICBM tests. With all of the heat Russia has with America...of course theyre testing them.

Thanks, I trust the author 100%
I would hope so. 😂 Good article Jim.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I immediately thought of the Norway Spiral and if that was a missile i'm a antarctic camel.

Think about it...cruise missiles travel past mach one at least which creates a sonic boom, yet no sonic boom is heard in any videos. I live under a commercial airline route and near a military training ground and I can hear planes despite the fact they fly at thirty thousand feet.

Then we have the meteorological and side of things-given the humidity, air pressure etc doesn't explain why the 'missile' formed something that is nearly identical to a bar spiral galaxy, I've seen failed satellite launches and they never acted like that.

My only explanation is that if this was a missile the launching barrel (if they even exist) might have been rifled which could explain the spiral, but until then these events are anomalies to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Have you looked at the PDFs posted by Jim, it seems the rocket did not fail but is designed like this. Thanks for your input.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I was almost tempted to explain that
these are demonic spiritual orbs,
but then realized the unlearned
would subject such knowledge
to ridicule.

Enjoy your speculation

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Those are reasonable questions. Folks around here can help you develop an effective search strategy to see if anyone else has tried to answer them.

My suggested answers are here -- I'd appreciate suggestions to make them more persuasive, where do you see weaknesses?

satobs.org...
edit on 31-10-2017 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

There is no rifeling rather boosters that impart the spin. They also are able to take evasive maneuvers with the final stage to dodge interception. These things are a lot more advanced than you would think. If you actually read a few of the reports Jim has made its all explained quite nicely and even pretty easy to understand for us non rocket scientists too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join