It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberia - Giant glowing ball of light in the sky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A glowing ball over northern Siberia is causing a stir. Is it a UFO? A failed Russian rocket?

The Siberian Times

The illuminated ball looming over the forest was seen clearly in the town of Salekhard right on the Arctic Circle, but was also visible over a swathe of northern Siberia in the night sky. Residents from Yamalo-Nenets region reported 'shivers down their spines' and the social media went alive with claims of aliens arriving in an awesome UFO.

It is a bit like the 2009 Norwegian spiral anomaly.

Whatever it is, it is just one of many strange things that are being seen in the sky in recent years. To be fair strange things have been seen in the sky since the beginning of time. Is it just more people are looking up? More cameras? Expanded 24 hour media coverage? More man made stuff in the sky? All of the above? Or are there really more strange things in our sky as of late? Keep looking up ATS.

More Sources:
Daily Mail
Mirror
edit on 27-10-2017 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I saw many more pictures - it pretty cool/scary looking isn't it!

I can't wait until something 'pops out' of one of these things!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The 2009 Norwegian spiral was the most exciting story/pictures almost ever!

Curious to see what comes from this one.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Mystery solved at the bottom of your OP source:

This was the launch of a Topol-M intercontinental ballistic missile from Plesetsk cosmodrome aimed at the Kura testing range in Kamchatka on the country's Pacific coast.

The launch was one of several last night in exercises by the Russian strategic nuclear forces, as confirmed by the Russian defence ministry. It was the the trace of the Topol rocket - capable of carrying nuclear missiles - that caused this extraordinary phenomenon in the sky. As photographer Yakovlev posted accurately: 'It seems I accidentally shoot the launch of a secret space rocket from Plesetsk'.

edit on 27-10-2017 by WhereAmEYE because: edited quote

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 27-10-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE

Mystery solved at the bottom of your OP source:

This was the launch of a Topol-M intercontinental ballistic missile from Plesetsk cosmodrome aimed at the Kura testing range in Kamchatka on the country's Pacific coast.

The launch was one of several last night in exercises by the Russian strategic nuclear forces, as confirmed by the Russian defence ministry. It was the the trace of the Topol rocket - capable of carrying nuclear missiles - that caused this extraordinary phenomenon in the sky. As photographer Yakovlev posted accurately: 'It seems I accidentally shoot the launch of a secret space rocket from Plesetsk'.

Or so they say! Does anyone watch Stargate? That was always their kind of excuse too

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WhereAmEYE

'It seems I accidentally shoot the launch of a secret space rocket from Plesetsk'. 

I read quote with Russian accent! Awesomeness.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Lol, they did yeah.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
an camera glitsch ..."what else"....hihi

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
ATS member Jim Oberg has been writing up some really nice reports detailing what info he could from many of the recent launches...I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote one for this as well. Maybe he will notice this thread and drop a link. I have witnessed this same sort of trail left by rockets myself while living in Orlando. Even wrote a thread about it cause it freaked me out too.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Russia is well known for these launches. Definitely a rocket spiral. Awesome looking.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If you can believe them, pics or it didn't happen.

edit on 27-10-2017 by LookingAtMars because: Truth

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

No the signs of breaking the matrix, The cube of deception has fallen and the sphere of enlightenment has arrived the world of awakening will happen soon and the veil be lifted
edit on 0b41America/ChicagoFri, 27 Oct 2017 17:52:41 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 27 Oct 2017 17:52:41 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
The 2009 Norwegian spiral was the most exciting story/pictures almost ever!

In duration and audience, that was special.

But it was still a rocket, here's why I think so.

satobs.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
ATS member Jim Oberg has been writing up some really nice reports detailing what info he could from many of the recent launches...I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote one for this as well. Maybe he will notice this thread and drop a link. I have witnessed this same sort of trail left by rockets myself while living in Orlando. Even wrote a thread about it cause it freaked me out too.

Thanks for the kind words.

I really believe these kinds of events -- and the mass reports they generate -- can teach us all a great deal about how normal people perceive -- or misperceive -- once-in-a-lifetime sky spectacles. The degree to which many people force-fit earthside interpretive algorithms, and backfill into partial perceptions from their memories of past experiences [including movies], is astonishing and sobering.

Nothing is WRONG with their perception, Their visual cortex processing is absolutely normal, shaped to enhance individual survival by a hundred million years of evolution and a billion human lifetimes of experience.

When those tried-and-true criteria are applied outside the range for which they evolved, it's no surprise that incorrect conclusions are sometimes produced.

Just read in here all the reasons witnesses were SURE it couldn't be a missile:
MISSILE FREAK-OUT IN CALIFORNIA [NOV 7, 2015]
satobs.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Yes very cool looking. There are many more pictures and even videos in the 3 sources I have linked to in the OP. It may just be a rocket but like the poster above said, this is the kind of excuses they use in shows like Stargate.

edit on 27-10-2017 by LookingAtMars because: Words

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The first step in establishing an explanation is defining the timeline [which is why most UFO websites omit such trivial details].

What was the time of the missile launches? There were four, two headed east and two headed west.

What was the time -- and time zone -- of the UFO event? What direction was IT moving?

With location of observer, next we can compute altitude of Earth's shadow, to see if a missile was high enough to be in sunlight.

These data are NOT easy to find.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Maybe the first physical signs of plasma tubes?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Your linked article says what it is?

Another local Nurgazy Taabaldiev said: 'It's a gap in the space-time continuum.'

In fact the reason photographers were out watching the sky was an amazing show of northern lights - or Aurora Borealis - but there was an extra dimension too.

The launch was one of several last night in exercises by the Russian strategic nuclear forces, as confirmed by the Russian defence ministry.

It was the the trace of the Topol rocket - capable of carrying nuclear missiles - that caused this extraordinary phenomenon in the sky.

As photographer Yakovlev posted accurately: 'It seems I accidentally shoot the launch of a secret space rocket from Plesetsk'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join