It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Threatened FBI Informant’s 'Reputation And Liberty' If He Talked During Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Is that supposed to be representative of the typical Trump supporter hoping that the GOP has a narrative that can be milked for a while to distract from the s#show of a president?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Is that supposed to be representative of the typical Trump supporter hoping that the GOP has a narrative that can be milked for a while to distract from the s#show of a president?

The People hiring Trump to clean up after the radical Lefties Obama appointed isn't glamorous, but it is a glorious thing to behold.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Just think for a moment if Hillary had been elected.

*shudder*

If Hillary won? You really think trump is any better? Try harder. He is dangerous, and stupid. I have never seen anyone try so hard to convince people that they are smart. I would gladly take Hillary over this narcissist. I know she is no peach, but she is smarter than trump and his whole nepotistic White House. Again I know Hillary is not an ace.

Even the freaking Queen of England wont be in the same room as this jerk.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Wow, the Obama admin acting like total pieces of sh*t.... I. Am. So. Shocked....

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What's the nature of this gag order, is there any paperwork you can read about it? Or does anyone have a link to the DOJ announcement? Or are they referring to the FBI NDA?

It doesn't seem in any way clear what actually happened between the DOJ and Toensing's client last summer, unless I'm missing something. Threats that his "reputation and liberty was in jeopardy” could be problematic, but it could just have been a reminder that he can be charged if he breaks the NDA, which the FBI has now removed. Who authorized the gag order, if there was one?

Anyway, good that they can look into it now.
edit on 27-10-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Are you under the impression that the FBI informant has already given testimony? The gag order was just lifted. Also, it's Nunez who is heading up that probe.
edit on 2017-10-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I always said that the magnificent Obama would turn out not to be the saint he was reputed to be. It looks like I might be about to be proved right. Whatever else the former President was, he was a politician, and his "wife" is a lawyer. Why was anyone expecting honesty? Because of their skin colour?
edit on 27-10-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm eager to see what he has to say but I'm 99% sure that this is going to go nowhere.

the confidential FBI informant who exposed that Russian nuclear officials engaged in bribery, kickbacks, money laundering, and extortion in their attempts to corner the U.S. uranium market

Except if you read the court documents on the Mikerin case, there's no suggestion that he would know about any "bribery, kickbacks, money laundering and extortion" beyond his involvement with Vadim Mikerin and the kickbacks that Mikerin extorted from him.

Seems that it's being spun to give a false impression of the scope.

I'm betting his current lawyer was provided by the GOP, who also fed the story to The Hill and coordinated their efforts to launch probes on the heels of the story running. In fact, I'd be curious to know when he was first contacted by the GOP.

Consider that the piece that kicked all of this off was published on 10/17.

It's quite possible the GOP is involved with this.

Toensing is a GOP activist that was also knee deep in the Benghazi issue.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Are you under the impression that the FBI informant has already given testimony? The gag order was just lifted. Also, it's Grassley who is heading up that probe.

So you have no link or direct involvement in the case? Were you just saying you read court documents to make it seem like you know what you're talking about? It's ok to admit you have no direct involvement in the case or any knowledge above and beyond any member here on ATS...

I'm still waiting on your link to ANY court proceeding....

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I also saw your edit....Me quoting your old comment only solidifies you have no idea what you're talking about. For a person so "involved" in the case what a rookie mistake not even getting the name right....

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's a virtual certainty based on the timing. Trump lapdog Nunez announced a probe within one week of an article being published? Come on.

Trump pushed to have the gag order removed and what's really telling is that the lawyer is promising that "CS-1" will:

tell what all the Russians were talking about during the time that all these bribery payments were made

He's going to relay hearsay about Russian rumors he supposedly heard? Sounds legit.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Obama and Clinton are yesterdays news. Why can't Right wingers move past them and look to the future?

So because Obama isn't in office anymore we should ignore any of these serious allegations?

Again, so many people looking at these situations as "The Leftists!" or "Right Wingers!".

How about just Right vs. Wrong?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

or any knowledge above and beyond any member here on ATS...

Well *clearly* I have more knowledge above and beyond *you* as you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. At all. None.

I'm still waiting on your link to ANY court proceeding....

They were linked in The Hill article that I linked previously. But you knew that. Because you read the article. Because you're not just a useful idiot waiting to be fed "prime beef."

EDIT:

Here's the link again. The documents are embedded. Now quick, go pretend to read them.
edit on 2017-10-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Soooo once again you have nothing..

Just as I expected..

OH another after the fact edit.....LMAO you're almost becoming predictable.
edit on 27-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's a virtual certainty based on the timing. Trump lapdog Nunez announced a probe within one week of an article being published? Come on.

Trump pushed to have the gag order removed and what's really telling is that the lawyer is promising that "CS-1" will:

tell what all the Russians were talking about during the time that all these bribery payments were made

He's going to relay hearsay about Russian rumors he supposedly heard? Sounds legit.

Odd. Why would we care about what a bunch of Russians were tossing back and forth. I thought he was going to bring some earth-shattering info on the entire deal.

But he's lawyered-up to spread gossip?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Odd. Why would we care about what a bunch of Russians were tossing back and forth. I thought he was going to bring some earth-shattering info on the entire deal.

But he's lawyered-up to spread gossip?

Well gossip was good enough for the Trump dossier...good enough to be used to gain warrants....Why would you have a problem with it now?? Oh that's right, because it's "gossip" that paints Hillary and Obummer in a bad light..

Sheesh you people are such hypocrites!!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Oh wait. Now I know who she is. Lmao. She's Joseph DiGenova's wife and legal partner. DiGenova was all over right-wing news trying to push the failed Susan Rice narrative. He was the one who said in January on the Laura Ingraham show that Clinton would be indicted within 60 days.

Right-Wing Media Cite Discredited Republican Lawyer To Claim Hillary Clinton Committed "Numerous Federal Crimes"

DiGenova Falsely Claimed Members Of The Military Were "Relieved Of Their Duty Because They Insisted That There Be A Military Response" To Benghazi Attacks. On October 28, 2013, diGenova claimed on WMAL that some members of the military were "relieved of their duty because they insisted that there be a military response" the night of the September 2012 Benghazi attacks, despite the fact that a military response was ordered by then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta. These military forces included a Marine anti-terrorism team deployed from Spain and special operations forces that were stationed in Croatia and the United States, but they did not arrive until after the attacks were over. [Media Matters, 10/29/13; Media Matters, 10/28/13]

DiGenova Baselessly Alleged That Obama Administration Tried To Cover Up Theft Of Hundreds Of Surface-To-Air Missiles In Benghazi. In October 2013, diGenova claimed on WMAL that the Obama administration was trying to cover up the theft of 400 surface-to-air missiles that were somehow linked to the American presence in Benghazi. While diGenova told WMAL that he didn't whether the missiles were physically at the CIA annex the night of the attack, "it is clear that the annex was somehow involved in the process of the distribution of those missiles." DiGenova did not name his sources for this claim, acknowledged that some of his information is not "verifiable," and provided no evidence to back up the allegation. [Media Matters, 8/13/13; CNS News, 8/13/13]

DiGenova Has Been Criticized By Lawmaker For "Non-Stop Mugging" For The Press And For Lacking "Impartiality, Non-Partisanship, And Professionalism." In 1998, Joseph DiGenova and his wife and legal partner Victoria Toensing, who were working as outside counsel for the House Committee on Education and the Workforce, were criticized for their actions in connection with the Monica Lewinsky scandal. A February 5, 1998, Roll Call article "Rep. Bill Clay (D-Mo) launched a stinging attack on the two lead attorneys investigating the Teamsters campaign finance scandal yesterday, alleging that the attorneys have lost their objectivity because of their frequent television appearances and 'participation' in the scandal involving ex-White House intern Monica Lewinsky." The article also reported:

DiGenova Was Criticized For Conflict Of Interest Over Dual Role In Separate DOJ Investigations. DiGenova and Toensing were criticized for serving as special counsel in the House Education and the Workforce Committee probe into Justice Department oversight of the Teamsters union while also representing Dan Burton, the committee's chairman at the time, in a separate Justice Department probe. A December 18, 1997, Roll Call article reported: "Rep. Bill Clay (Mo), the full committee's ranking Democrat, has raised questions about the fact that the two attorneys are also representing Burton in the Justice Department's investigation of charges that the Government Reform and Oversight chairman tried to extort campaign money from a lobbyist during the 1996 election cycle." The article also reported:

DiGenova Was Involved In Discredited And Retracted Article About President Clinton. DiGenova and Toensing were involved in a retracted Dallas Morning News article claiming that a Secret Service agent had witnessed President Clinton and Lewinsky in a "compromising situation." From the February 27, 1998, report byThe Washington Post's Howard Kurtz:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Trump is the one who directed the DOJ to remove the gag order on this witness. I sure do hope Trump also provided this person with 24/7 armed security...

I would hate for the Clinton Death squad to silence this person like so many in the past.

I'm amazed that this guy lasted THIS long.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Jefferton
Obama and Clinton are yesterdays news.

Why can't Right wingers move past them and look to the future?

Hrmmmmm I wonder if it is the future that scares them?

How long can you act a fool?
We are only 10 months removed from the Democrat disaster.
It might take all of Trump's first term to clean up the steaming, stinking loads Obama left behind.

And O's first term was cleaning up after Bush.

I look forward to your hilarious defense during the next President's cleanup of Trump's mess.

7 years is a long time to wait for such a simple minded matter. Doubt anyone would still remember this deflection attempt by then.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just think for a moment if Hillary had been elected.

*shudder*

Just think that somewhere there is an alternate universe where Hillary DID win (but Trump won the popular vote)...and this informant is already in an Arkansas gulag.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join