It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret JFK Files

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

US President Donald Trump approved the release of a 2,891-document trove, but decided that hundreds of additional documents will remain secret. According to White House officials cited by news agencies, Trump made this decision after the FBI and the CIA urged him to do so.
Read more: Donald Trump to allow release of JFK files

"I am ordering today that the veil finally be lifted," Trump said in a White House memo on Thursday. "At the same time, executive departments and agencies have proposed to me that certain information should continue to be redacted because of national security, law enforcement, and foreign affairs concerns."
"I have no choice — today — but to accept those redactions rather than allow potentially irreversible harm to our nation’s security," Trump added.

@JulianAssange:
The agencies have had literally 25 years to prepare for the scheduled release today. The delay is inexcusable. @realDonaldTrump

US publishes thousands of files on Kennedy, withholds others

Hundrets of documents withheld due to national security concerns. Who would've thunkt?
What is this, some kind of sad joke? And why isn't this a bigger issue on ATS?

So many questions, any takers?

Posting this in the pit due to the muddy nature of this "release", have at it!
edit on 27-10-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
Why is this not a bigger picture? Show me one ATS member who is surprised! That's why.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

What he said.

I was waiting to see how much would actually get released. Im completely unsurprised.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The IC has gotten so good at trolling the Public the past year, why stop now?

Cant wait to see how dark and dirty the infos in new releases we do have go to better judge how much lower the bar could actually go with what remains...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I would think that there must be some startling information in there if they held it for "national security" concerns.
Words, from that long ago, a national security issue?

They are either lying, or the documents somehow prove that the US killed its own man.
Or should I say,
Details the reason(s) why they killed their own.
edit on 27-10-2017 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

What a $h!tshow.... i bet these files reveal nothing we didnt already know!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Point taken. Many people don't seem to be aware that the interesting parts still remain secret though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is there any clue on what exactly might be in those secret files? Any speculations?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It does seem rather pointless doesn't it, with certainty we can say anything actually interesting will be held back, so what is released is all the meaningless fluff and rumour mill stuff.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
Is there any clue on what exactly might be in those secret files? Any speculations?

In my opinion, the assassination was conducted by a group that included members of the Cuban ex-pat community in Miami, CIA operatives and the Mafia. One big happy party. And if that is not in the papers released...then that's what's being withheld.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.....

And the new boss is NOT TRUMP.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If what is again being withheld and kept secret could actually be a serious threat to "national security" if made public then it must contain information that could still cause an international crisis.

If not, then they are protecting domestic interests of some kind.

Either way, we probably will NEVER know.

It has got to be something significant for them to convince Trump to withhold it.

imo

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The Just F'n Kidding files

Well played indeed

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It was his decision not to release the full package, wasn't it? At this point I'm wondering why he didn't overrule the secret services.
His administration isn't exactly doing well, this chickensh!t will only help to keep his opinion polls way down. He clearly missed the point of return for his populist agenda.

a reply to: ausername

It has got to be something significant for them to convince Trump to withhold it.

Could be 3D chess on a political level as well, some kind of deal with the Bush clan for example. I hope it was a great deal, we'll probably never find out.

edit on 27-10-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am going to let the autistists at Whor$chaN dissect and catalog this info before I let my panties get in a wad, there is a lot of info, including hand written notes that will take some time to go through.

It may still be juicy juicy

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: fatfingernphonesmallkeys

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

My my my, JFK and his important speech about concealment and secrecy.

Trump is assisting in covering up what ever the those thousands of pieces of paper say. Perhaps he was "convinced"?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So what did they tell Trump to allow the concealment of the imp. info?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Probably threatened to hack his Twitter account. Devastating!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Probably threatened to hack his Twitter account. Devastating!

This might be informative....

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

54 years later, but still active informants or agents in the field? Errr... nope. I'm not buying that.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
I would think that there must be some startling information in there if they held it for "national security" concerns.
Words, from that long ago, a national security issue?

They are either lying, or the documents somehow prove that the US killed its own man.
Or should I say,
Details the reason(s) why they killed their own.

The official excuse is that certain people mentioned in the documents are still alive...

Are they afraid someone's gonna go shoot up a retirement home? Lame excuse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join