Funny- Interesting Iranian War Scenario

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
We will be brought to our knees by a drive by

They would have to rack up a pretty impressive body count to make first page must less make us surrender

The funny thing is, the subway attacking Iranians would immediately be engaged by all the armed American citizens on the subway, they probably wouldn't last too long.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Please provide the proff U.S. has conqered all of Afgahnistan RIGHT NOW!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yet another stupid nation-bashing thread.

How about ALL of you grow up and stop making these stupid arguments. This is ridiculous.

If you truly hate each other that much, then the Americans go to iran and talk trash there. Foreigners, come to America and talk trash. or join the military and go start a war (which is what you all apparently want so much).

[edit on 11-2-2005 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Info is all wrong! Iran has nowhere near half as many planes as was stated. They barely have over a hundred. Israel lacks the Sunburn missile. Iran has about 8 Fulcrums. Iran can beat Israel but America is something else.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

How about ALL of you grow up and stop making these stupid arguments. This is ridiculous.

We're sorry, world dad.

If you truly hate each other that much, then the Americans go to iran and talk trash there. Foreigners, come to America and talk trash. or join the military and go start a war (which is what you all apparently want so much).

Why don't you just send us to our rooms without supper instead? What kind of world dad wants his children to start wars?

Just kidding.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i know the sunburn missles are not invincible but it would be foolish to assume the fifth fleet is.... isn't their radar very unreliable when something is coming in at mach 2 ten feet off the ground? scary feces.

let me throw out a question....if we really DO slug it out with iran, what the hell are we supposed to do if north korea pearl harbors us in the middle of all that? i don't think china would like it if we nuked their neighbor to hell and back. the only alternative to a nuclear war would be drafting every able-bodied man and woman up to age 35 into combat

i don't like the idea of the entire world in a military alliance / trade embargo against the U.S

i hope the powers that be can resist all out war better than i can resist using icons.... i don't think so.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Agreed.

Maybe ATS should consider starting a new thread category called something like U.S. Wannabes for topics like this. They could also put all the threads about how the Indian or Iranian air force is really the toughest on the planet, etc. there.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
let me throw out a question....if we really DO slug it out with iran, what the hell are we supposed to do if north korea pearl harbors us in the middle of all that?

Pearl Harbors us how? What kind of attack scenario are you envisioning? They are hardly a technologically advanced country, not to mention we're watching them like a hawk now, and would continue to do so, even if we were engaged with Iran. They say they have nuclear weapons, but it's only speculation that they may be able to hit the west coast, as far as we know they don't have a long range delivery system, and if they do, it's probably not the most reliable, AND we have a missile defense system that is supposed to be at least partially operational this year. I hardly see the possibility of a N. Korean Pearl Harbor style attack these days.

i don't think china would like it if we nuked their neighbor to hell and back. the only alternative to a nuclear war would be drafting every able-bodied man and woman up to age 35 into combat

China has about 20 nukes that can hit the US, we have 6,000 that can hit mainland China today. How much do they like North Korea?

i don't like the idea of the entire world in a military alliance / trade embargo against the U.S

I wouldn't worry about that too much, we're the driving force behind much of the worlds economy, not that we're indispensable to the world, but we're alot more important to the worlds economy than NK or Iran.

i hope the powers that be can resist all out war better than i can resist using icons.... i don't think so.

Yes, you seem to like the icons, probably more than the powers like war, we hope.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Agreed.

Maybe ATS should consider starting a new thread category called something like U.S. Wannabes for topics like this. They could also put all the threads about how the Indian or Iranian air force is really the toughest on the planet, etc. there.

You just agreed with something, then you turned around and engaged in what you agreed was wrong?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

"You have voted sweatmonicaIdo for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

Good post, I am tired of this behaviour too.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Good post, I am tired of this behaviour too.

And judging from their responses, it's apparent they promote and enjoy this behavior as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

And judging from their responses, it's apparent they promote and enjoy this behavior as well.

Whose responses have you judged to be apparently promoting and enjoying this behavior? I'm just curious because I don't see it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by 27jd
Americans not used to death on the streets? That's funny.

We will be brought to our knees by a drive by

They would have to rack up a pretty impressive body count to make first page must less make us surrender

You need to have more vsion than you show.Yes you have gangs doing drive by`s killing other low lifes in the hoods.But you don`t have experiance of multiple random organised killing of any classs of citizens on the streets.Take the scenario further multiple bomb attacks at the same time on buses around most or all of your major cities followed by shootings on the underground.Light aircraft packed with explosives flown into built up areas suicide bombers walking into schools or hospitals or both.There a countless ways of killing people that can be more effective than an air strike.

news.bbc.co.uk...

America is reacting to a threat that 95% of Americans haven`t experianced first hand.
My point is don`t feel that a large military super power cannot be touched.Maybe you guys and girls may change your minds and respect the threat when it calls on your door step and you get up close and personnel

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The organized military in Iraq fell within a few few weeks. The world was pretty much stunned at how quick it fell. Don't deny it.....look it up for yourself. If a war happens with Iran, I'll give it a little more of a chance to put up a fight, but not not much. If there is anyone that is underestimated it is the US military, not Iran or North Korea. The aftermath with insergency may be a different story, but as far as War goes, Iran won't last much longer than Iraq.
North Korea is a different story. If it weren't for the heavy populations surrounding the demilitarized zone, most likely it wouldn't be much of a fight for the Allied forces as well. The US and allies would most likely take out Isolated Norht Korea fairly quickly, but the loss of life would be devistating to both North and South Korea as their capitals are within 50 miles or less of each other. Thousands of missles stand to launch at both cities which means serious consequences if initial attacks by Allied forces don't eliminate the right targets successfully within 24 hours. This is why the US in both the past and present is trying to avoid military conflict. However, it may or may not come down to what has to be done if Kimmy of NK keeps ticking off its neighbors and other countries in the world.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
You need to have more vsion than you show.Yes you have gangs doing drive by`s killing other low lifes in the hoods.But you don`t have experiance of multiple random organised killing of any classs of citizens on the streets.Take the scenario further multiple bomb attacks at the same time on buses around most or all of your major cities followed by shootings on the underground.Light aircraft packed with explosives flown into built up areas suicide bombers walking into schools or hospitals or both.There a countless ways of killing people that can be more effective than an air strike.

Death is death, and we have alot. And we've had the experience you speak of, Oklahoma City, 9/11, etc. And why have we not had any more? Because the terrorists (or freedom fighters, as you may or may not call them) don't want to? Do they not already hate us enough to commit these acts? Do you really think Iran will be the straw that breaks the camel's back (no pun intended)? I don't, if those acts you've mentioned are gonna happen, they're gonna happen regardless, radical Islam already has us marked for death, and I've got news for you, if they succeed with us, you're next, unless you're ready to give up pork.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
let me throw out a question....if we really DO slug it out with iran, what the hell are we supposed to do if north korea pearl harbors us in the middle of all that? i don't think china would like it if we nuked their neighbor to hell and back.

I seriously doubt North Korea would be able to surprise attack us, as we would see it coming immediately. What about Japan?? They would easlily see it as well. The US is capable of indulging in multiple conflicts across the globe. We have 12 NAVAL fleets that can deploy to multiple points much quicker than North Korea could coordinate an attack in the Pacific. And as far as nukes are concerned, we wouldn't need to Nuke them. Its not necessary unless for the rare chance that NK ever delivered one towards the US or one of its neighbors. Its most likely that we will see more bickering and talks at most, well into the future on this issue. (Unless Kimmy from NK wants his death sooner rather than later)

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Death is death, and we have alot. And we've had the experience you speak of, Oklahoma City, 9/11, etc. And why have we not had any more? Because the terrorists (or freedom fighters, as you may or may not call them) don't want to? Do they not already hate us enough to commit these acts? Do you really think Iran will be the straw that breaks the camel's back (no pun intended)? I don't, if those acts you've mentioned are gonna happen, they're gonna happen regardless, radical Islam already has us marked for death, and I've got news for you, if they succeed with us, you're next, unless you're ready to give up pork.

Death is Death is easy for you to write you never know what is in store in the future or what the terrorist plans are.Yes Iraq war was short and no doubt Iran would be the same.These people are not stupid you cannot beat America with conventional warfare.There was no fighting in Iraq for that reason but they are still managing to kill America soliders.This could go on for years.
You may get another 9/11 tommorrow or next year who knows.The way to beat these people is not by force.Go back to Vietnam,Korea you need intelligence and an effective operational soloution that gets results on the source not the general population.Look towards Ireland,Spain most European countries in the 70`s 80`s were fighting Terrorist with much more effective methods than the US today.Chucking large numbers of bombs into deserts can not win as your economy will suffer weakening your power.Look at Russia super powers are not guaranteed forever.Maybe thats there plan to survive long enough for your economy to suffer.Then when your down they gonna kick you in the nuts.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Death is Death is easy for you to write you never know what is in store in the future or what the terrorist plans are.Yes Iraq war was short and no doubt Iran would be the same.These people are not stupid you cannot beat America with conventional warfare.There was no fighting in Iraq for that reason but they are still managing to kill America soliders.This could go on for years.
You may get another 9/11 tommorrow or next year who knows.The way to beat these people is not by force.Go back to Vietnam,Korea you need intelligence and an effective operational soloution that gets results on the source not the general population.Look towards Ireland,Spain most European countries in the 70`s 80`s were fighting Terrorist with much more effective methods than the US today.Chucking large numbers of bombs into deserts can not win as your economy will suffer weakening your power.Look at Russia super powers are not guaranteed forever.Maybe thats there plan to survive long enough for your economy to suffer.Then when your down they gonna kick you in the nuts.

It is easy for me to write, as it is true. How can you say it is not? Murder is murder. I never claimed America was invincible, or that I cannot be killed tomorrow, any of us can. Hell, a huge undetected meteor could kill us all tomorrow, and this would all be irrelevant. I was responding to your assertion that America is not exposed to death, we are one of the most violent societies in existence, it's a bad thing, but it's true.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i and others envision something along the lines of an ambush on their own soil, after thousands of our soldiers cross into north korea for whatever reason. waves of us will enter NK only to be vaporized by one of their hidden [underground] nukes. 10 thousand americans killed at once is not too far-fetched in such a scenario. there ARE many hidden tunnels there, so these nukes of theirs can be put literally right under their noses without them knowing it.

you may be correct, a volley of 200K nuclear missles might obliterate north korea that same day.....or, the lack of independent launch authority our sub commanders have could make things a lot more terrible than anyone can believe.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Werido

Do you honestly think sucicide bombers in America would make us melt and quiver?

Or the more likely outcome of Americans howling for blood and not being to damn concerned over whose it was?

Did 9-11 cause us to curl in a ball and whimper? What do you think a hundred of them would do?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join