It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was A British Newspaper Tipped Off About The JFK Assassination ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have not seen this being reported on other threads. Apologies if it has.

In the batch of documents just released on the JFK assassination, one has come to light which refers to a British local newspaper being tipped off 25 minutes before JFK was assassinated , that " Some Big News " was about to come out of The U.S.

Thoughts ?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
That was a good find and pretty creepy too. Cambridge was a hot bed of spy rings around then so it's not unreasonable that someone in a foreign agency would have known of the paper.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
That was a good find and pretty creepy too. Cambridge was a hot bed of spy rings around then so it's not unreasonable that someone in a foreign agency would have known of the paper.

I was thinking that Cambridge was an unlikley place to inform but that makes a little more sense now you mention it.

I also wonder what went wrong and even if the shooting was not the intended story and that he was going to say something im
important and that is why he was killed.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yeah, though I wonder also how many times this reporter was dismissed as a fruit loop for saying what happened in the pub of an evening. I can't believe someone would just let it lie after such a crazy incident.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Yeah, though I wonder also how many times this reporter was dismissed as a fruit loop for saying what happened in the pub of an evening. I can't believe someone would just let it lie after such a crazy incident.

He might have been given the old keep your mouth shut routine though.

Also reminds me of that BBC report of the second tower going down before it did but not much of a 911er so unsure if that was debunked or not.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yes. I don't think I ever saw a reasonable explanation for the tower 7 thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
The advice to "call the American embassy" would not have helped the newspaper unless the contact was at least sponsored by the American embassy. Otherwise there could be no guarantee that the embassy would tell them anything more than they were telling other news contacts. Once the shooting happened, the world knew about it, so early warning would not have given the paper much advantage.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The advice to "call the American embassy" would not have helped the newspaper unless the contact was at least sponsored by the American embassy. Otherwise there could be no guarantee that the embassy would tell them anything more than they were telling other news contacts. Once the shooting happened, the world knew about it, so early warning would not have given the paper much advantage.

That is what made me think that it was something else that was going down and not the assaination.

Something Ussr and spy related maybe......
edit on 27/10/2017 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It would be a good, deniable way for someone on the inside of such a conspiracy to let people know there was something shifty about this.
That's about all I can come up with though.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If that call was made, then conspiracy is definitely back on the cards...it if ever went away that is.
As SprocketUK rightly pointed out Cambridge did have a Soviet spy ring operating, in fact the USSR was never really out of Britain, Portland in the 50's and 60's was the same..and where the game was entrapment, as it probably still is.
We don't know the half of it!

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier....spy was based on the Cambridge spy ring. Michael Witney Straight an American, was associated with the ring, (as was God knows how many more) and also a Soviet spy.

edit on 27-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

That is what made me think that it was something else that was going down and not the assaination.

USSR (and Cuba) was crapping it's pants over an impending assassination as they were to be set up as the fall guys.
Here's a rabbit hole...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
If that call was made, then conspiracy is definitely back on the cards...it if ever went away that is.
As SprocketUK rightly pointed out Cambridge did have a Soviet spy ring operating, in fact the USSR was never really out of Britain, Portland in the 50's and 60's was the same..and where the game was entrapment, as it probably still is.
We don't know the half of it!

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier....spy was based on the Cambridge spy ring.

My first thought was why a small Cambridge newspaper and not the BBC?

But the BBC would possibly be in on it or at least have a reason to keep it quiet but a small newspaper that was already infiltrated by the USSR could blow the lid or at least pass it on to the relavant spy netork I guess.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Or something leaked about what Kennedy planned to announce.... maybe the reason that he was assassinated.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Or something leaked about what Kennedy planned to announce.... maybe the reason that he was assassinated.

That is what I am thinking as we are speculating maybe the call came from a spy who felt that the leak would damage either the US, the UK or the relationship between them but he was assainated before he made the statement?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I always find it " Strange " that British writer Aldous Huxley author of " Brave New World " , died on the same day as Kennedy.

Or is it just me ?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
And C.S Lewis as well although I guess some things are just coincidences.

Huxley and Lewis both died of illness, had there been suspicious circumstances it would be interesting though.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The report says that the call was similar to one made about Dr Ward and speculation is that it is referring to a Dr Stephen Ward who was involved in the Profumo affair so if true gives some credence to the story I guess.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Power of 3.... mind, body, soul,... mind = CS Lewis, body (heart) = JFK, soul = Huxley.

That is a rabbit hole that may need exploring.

And in 1993, Anthony Burgess dies. Coincidence. The other smack of ritualistic killing (at least according what I've read in the 80 Greatest Conspiracies of All Time).

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

He might have been given the old keep your mouth shut routine though.

Also reminds me of that BBC report of the second tower going down before it did but not much of a 911er so unsure if that was debunked or not.

I thought of that too. It seems our friends the Brits receive certain information from our government before the event happens.

Yes, the public perception is highly manipulated by those behind the curtains.

I read years ago that some news outlet in Australia was also told by someone in the US about the JFK thing also before it happened, and because of the international date line between the US and Australia, the note was actually published in Australia before it happened.

JFK had many enemies within the power structure. So did his brother. They were too outspoken against the status quo.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

USSR (and Cuba) was crapping it's pants over an impending assassination as they were to be set up as the fall guys.
Here's a rabbit hole...

You know something,
Just listening to that video now. Let's just say that Richard Case Nagell had some connection to Mark Julius Gayn who also had connections to the Cambridge (UK) spy ring, active say from the end of WW2 until the early 60's, as already mentioned. That spy ring, you could basically say had an unknown number of members, but Gayn must have known, and acted with them, and most were all double agents as Nagel appears to have also been.
In this case Nagell did know Gayn. Gayn was one of Nagell's contacts re the coming attack on Kennedy, and Nagell sent a registered letter to Edgar Hoover about the attack, but used Gayn's pseudonym, ""Joseph Kramer," which would have been known to Hoover, as validation that the threat was real, so Hoover must have had advance knowledge about the attack, but as you say, looking like the Russians were behind it. It looks to me that the whole thing was worse than that, and was something concocted at home, even if Cuban dissidents were involved or not.
Who knows, Nagell might even be the one who sent the message to the "college boys" in Cambridge, that it was about to happen?.... Relations between the spy families of the UK and America were supposed to be pretty poor at the time, while it was something of a political joke that the Americans, British and Russians all had the same guys working for them.

edit on 27-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

join