It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel Channel's Expedition Unknown Easter Island UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: DexterRiley

Really doubt it's real time, the cloud movement and shadowing of the Moai statue indicate more than 2-3 seconds passed.

On the recap show afterward, they claim it’s real time.

Well, that was my impression as well. When I looked on the Travel Channel website, there were no listings for any of the After the Hunt episodes for the next two weeks. But the Roswell Revealed ep is on tonight. Wasn't there a quick peek at the UFO footage at the end of the show?

-dex

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I watched the end of the Roswell Revealed episode tonight. They showed the video a couple of times, but didn't say anything about it being time lapse.

Nor did they say anything about it being in realtime. But I was left with the general impression that was the case.

The After the Hunt episode that followed it on Wednesday was where I recall it was mentioned that this was for timelapse purposes. I don't know when that will come back on.

If this really is a timelapse video segment, and they left us with the impression this was in realtime, then I'm disappointed. I would expect more from them.

-dex

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It's timelapse the give away apart from the look of the sky and the aircraft movement is the stars in the background when viewed full screen. Its night so long exposure to show stars so 100% timelapse.

edit on 28-10-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

It's timelapse the give away apart from the look of the sky and the aircraft movement is the stars in the background when viewed full screen. Its night so long exposure to show stars so 100% timelapse.

Yep. I have no doubt about your expertise in this matter.

It's just difficult for me to believe that they would present this as realtime evidence knowing that it was timelapsed.

I went back over to Twitter to see if there were any updated tweets. One guy swears by his shadow theory that it indicates a bug.

I'll have to create a new Twitter ID and tweet your timelapse theory to Travel Channel, et. al. Unfortunately I don't know crap about Twitter. I'm not a big social media user, and lord knows I don't want to waste time learning yet another platform. But, deceit needs to be called out.

I'm just not sure how I can restrain my verboseness enough to get my message into less than 140 fracking characters.

-dex

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Timeslapse like Purely Pacific can take months to shoot with tens of thousands of images exposures on average 20-30 seconds and ending up with terabytes of data. On some you will see meteors and even geostationary satellites which look like a star st a fixed position of the frame while other stars move past.

Purely Pacific took John Eklund 1 year 260,000 images and was 6.3 TB's of data.

That is a massive amount of work and quite well done.

Does John Eklund create his artwork on commission? Or is it just for the love of the craft?

-dex

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Okay I went back to look at the video again. At time-index 1:02, it is exactly like the Expedition Unknown video.

Is the apparent change in direction of the aircraft because the camera fortuitously captured two different aircraft whose path intersected at that point?

Thanks!
-dex

edit on 10/28/2017 by DexterRiley because: aircraft

edit on 10/28/2017 by DexterRiley because: not meteor

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join