It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK file has claim that LBJ was in the KKK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: RazorV66

Big surprise.
So he was an every day, run of the mill Democrat.

... said the every day, run of the mill myopic partisan lemming.

Big surprise.

The Democrats were in the day. Care to dispute that ?
You can't

That's exactly why I posted about him being a racist Democrat.
As far as "The Counsilor", I saw that it was a newsletter when I read the link before I posted.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This looks like it makes sense.

In a June 10, 2013, PolitiFact Virginia article, Carole Emberton, associate professor of history at the University at Buffalo, noted that the "party lines of the 1860s/1870s are not the party lines of today."

"Although the names stayed the same, the platforms of the two parties reversed each other in the mid-20th century, due in large part to white ‘Dixiecrats’ flight out of the Democratic Party and into the Republican Party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964," she said. "By then, the Democratic Party had become the party of ‘reform,’ supporting a variety of ‘liberal’ causes, including civil rights, women’s rights, etc. whereas this had been the banner of the Republican Party in the nineteenth century."

Polit ifact

I am interested in learning more about how party lines have changed over the years. It looks like LBJ, who became President in 1963, was a holdover from that era, or one of the last.
edit on 27amFri, 27 Oct 2017 00:32:48 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: xuenchen

Big surprise.
So he was an every day, run of the mill Democrat.

Maybe LBJ was Senator Robert Byrd's mentor.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Something relevant about LBJ:

WHILE Lyndon Baines Johnson was a man of time and place, he felt the bitter paradox of both. I was a young man on his staff in 1960 when he gave me a vivid account of that southern schizophrenia he understood and feared. We were in Tennessee. During the motorcade, he spotted some ugly racial epithets scrawled on signs. Late that night in the hotel, when the local dignitaries had finished the last bottles of bourbon and branch water and departed, he started talking about those signs. "I'll tell you what's at the bottom of it," he said. "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

The above quote is often taken totally out of that context and put onto memes around the internet. When read in the actual context of which it was said, it certainly changes the entire picture.

But like the Shamwow guy...There's more!!!

Some years later when Johnson was president, there was a press conference in the East Room. A reporter unexpectedly asked the president how he could explain his sudden passion for civil rights when he had never shown much enthusiasm for the cause. The question hung in the air. I could almost hear his silent cursing of a press secretary who had not anticipated this one. But then he relaxed, and from an instinct no assistant could brief-one seasoned in the double life from which he was delivered and hoped to deliver others-he said in effect: Most of us don't have a second chance to correct the mistakes of our youth. I do and I am. That evening, sitting in the White House, discussing the question with friends and staff, he gestured broadly and said, "Eisenhower used to tell me that this place was a prison. I never felt freer."

What a Real President Was Like; To Lyndon Johnson, the Great Society Meant Hope and Dignity (1988)

The world isn't black and white. And neither are people.
edit on 27-10-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Think for a minute. Who benefits from the oppression of minority groups (and who pounds the notion that they are oppressed into their heads from birth)? I'll give you a hint, it ain't the G.O.P.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I didn't like that P*rick.
Crooked as hell.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Give it a few days. The good stuff will not be the obvious stuff the partisans are looking for and finding.
edit on 27-10-2017 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Should've known this release would be used to spread even more partisan BS. Instead of looking through the files neutrally we'll be looking for things to use against the other side.

This is stupid. LBJ answers for himself, I doubt Democrats are going to turn around and join the KKK because LBJ used to be a member of it.

Stop acting like one person defines an entire demographic, that is so GD ignorant and, dare I say, prejudiced?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not sure but he was in another KKK-the Krazy Kreep Konglomerate.

LBJ was an ego maniacal pervert who flashed women at will and aspired for presidency which lead me to believe he organized the hit on JFK for personal gains, he was power hungry and more than likely a psychopath.

As for the actual KKK, it wouldn't surprise me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join