It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen DeGeneres gets slammed on Twitter over sexist tweet to Katy Perry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
it's not funny to me when all sorts of abominations like LGBT and lesbians in particular fall into my information space . this Lenka she is not from a generator, she is from a degenerate

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Others went as far as to compare her to Weinstein and call her a “pig.”

Yep

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

She wasn't breast fed as a child - wait..she is still a child..but making #loads of money out of it

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

She wasn't breast fed as a child - wait..she is still a child..but making #loads of money out of it

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

How dare you, Boobs aren't objects!
They have feelings and I adore them

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The picture wasn't sexual harrassment. It's only sexual harrasment if the advance is unwelcome.

Ellen DeGeneres is apparently very good friends with Katy Perry. The look on Katy Perry's face certainly seems to show she's having just as much fun as Ellen.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Oh my God! Someone said something I don't like! Give me my safe space!

I'm starting to see why conservatives were so sick of this kind of crap last year, now it's turned 180 the other way.

This is some stupid petty # and has completely overtaken this site from both sides of the aisle.
Shoe on the other foot is it now ?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Such a comment would not “fly” if a man had posted it.

But a man Did Not Post It.

A woman did.

Apples vs. Oranges

Unless someone wants to argue that since Degeneres is a lesbian, it is the same as if a man did post that comment... in which case, we may have to open up a whole different discussion about the role of gender and sexuality.

And I for one don’t want to go there on an empty stomach!
Oh please, not every standard can be thrown out just because a woman or minority is doing something. This obliterates any sense of fair standards and being able to rationally judge situations. Although I'm not claiming Ellen's comments are actual harassment, sexual harassment and sexual assault are real regardless of who the perpetrator is.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Or, it's just holding up a mirror to those who constantly engage in identity politics.. Do you not believe that if people are constantly accusing others of racism or sexism, that they should be held to the same standard?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's obviously a double standard. You can't attack a gay or lesbian for anything.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Yes exactly! Context! Dave chappelle has a hilarious joke about bill Cosby raping people. If the president or Sean hannity repeated that joke it would be degrading.

Context stupid!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69
Lol from everyone else's point of view you're the abomination

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The picture wasn't sexual harrassment. It's only sexual harrasment if the advance is unwelcome.

Ellen DeGeneres is apparently very good friends with Katy Perry. The look on Katy Perry's face certainly seems to show she's having just as much fun as Ellen.

Wow that kind of sound like the old saying "she really wanted it" or "no means yes".

Imagine if Harvey Weinstein came out with the same defense. It wasn't harassment, were good friends, she really wanted it. Give me a break...

Double standard much?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill
Lol it's not a double standard if Katy Perry doesn't feel like she's being harassed. Someone has to feel harassment for sexual harassment to work. If friends pat themselves on the ass is that sexual harassment?

Comparing Weinstein to Ellen is just SO out there.
Now comparing Weinstein to say...Dennis Hastert former Republican Speaker of the House and serial child molester. Now that is closer to hitting the mark.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ellen is both a Sexist Pig and just plain a Pig. Hopefully her show is cancelled now - I certainly won't be watching.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
a reply to: GuidedKill
Lol it's not a double standard if Katy Perry doesn't feel like she's being harassed. Someone has to feel harassment for sexual harassment to work. If friends pat themselves on the ass is that sexual harassment?

Comparing Weinstein to Ellen is just SO out there.
Now comparing Weinstein to say...Dennis Hastert former Republican Speaker of the House and serial child molester. Now that is closer to hitting the mark.

Of course - leftist slime hollywood is on the run - better attack a republican.

Ellen & Weinstein are both sexist pigs - deal with it.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
it's not funny to me when all sorts of abominations like LGBT and lesbians in particular fall into my information space . this Lenka she is not from a generator, she is from a degenerate

How is LGBT an abomination? It's the way some people are.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think this is a non issue. Ellen looking at Katy Perry's bust is a non issue, especially when Katy Perry is wearing a very revealing top.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think this is a non issue. Ellen looking at Katy Perry's bust is a non issue, especially when Katy Perry is wearing a very revealing top.

So women who wear revealing clothing are just asking to be harassed? Is that what you mean by that statement?

Kind of like Muslims say a woman who doesn't wear a burka is just asking for unwanted attention from men....And what ever happens to her she is just asking for it by wearing that revealing top?

edit on 31-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: mangust69

How is LGBT an abomination? It's the way some people are.

The people are not an abomination but their political views are.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join