It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen DeGeneres gets slammed on Twitter over sexist tweet to Katy Perry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Much ado about nothing. It's pretty obvious that Perry was ok with the situation, ie she consented. And Ellen jokes around like that on her show constantly. As mentioned above by another poster, hardly anyone seems to have an issue with Howard Stern and his constant stream of sexual comments.

Swear to all that's holy, people are taking this SJW PC garbage too far. Before long, we'll all have to consult with a PC speech manual before opening our mouths lest we offend anyone at all.

As it turns out, no one is really offended by Ellen's comments at all.

The only people who are offended are some conservatives who seem to be pissed off because liberals aren't treating Ellen like she's Harvey Weinstein. I kid you not.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Dudemo5

Oh well if it is a joke objectifying women, never mind.

Context is everything.

The sort of joke made by comediennes on television every single day bears no resemblance whatsoever to the serious harassment made by people in positions of power over their less powerful charges.

You have to be trolling.

If I have learned anything about this new century, it is that context means NOTHING and intent means NOTHING. If a person does certain things to certain people, they are guilty. Nothing else matters.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think there's a big difference between "ogling" ( to eye amorously or provocatively ) someone and the assaults that Weinstein is accused of. Most of us are taught at an early age we may " look, but not touch " things that don't belong to us without permission. Ellen was just making a joke about something that most people do, by exaggerating "ogling" with her friend.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

From the pictures it appears that Ellen (in public) stands in amazement at her boobies then she puts her face 9" from her boobies with her mouth agape.
This is after she make very definite comments about sexual harassment, objectifying and raping of women.

There are rules for the rest of society, not the elite.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Me doing a mindless turnabout? I never complained about crap like this a year ago, I've said and seen far worse and honestly don't care as long as no one is hurt in the process. And no, feelings don't count.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Your argument is absurd.

Ellen is a comedian. She made a joke.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a world where people could make lighthearted semi sexist jokes without the guardians of social interaction losing their minds over it?

We used to have a world like that until very recently...now, some say we must be hyper vigiliant against any unauthorized jokes that falls outside of acceptable political correctness...

Strange, I never seem to encounter these people in real life.

Yes, luckily it is mostly contained to gentrified city areas, some college campuses, and online. The rest of the world knows how to take a joke.

I don't think most of the ppl calling for Ellen's head here mean it, it is simply showing the hypocracy of saying such jokes are horrible and sexist...if you are basically a white male but if you're a lesbian, its perfectly fine because...ideology and the progressive stack.

Personally, I find it fine and even humorous to an extent, but I also see how it is a perfect highlight of the double standard being pushed by the ever enlightened social control warriors

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The Right: A white male has been accused by numerous women of sexual misconduct and assault? Clearly this is a ploy by the Left to ruin his career!

Also The Right: A lesbian comedian made a joke with sexual undertones that was enjoyed by the joke's subject? Bring me her head!

The Right, Again: Look at the pussification of this country. No one can take a joke anymore.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Such a comment would not “fly” if a man had posted it.

But a man Did Not Post It.

A woman did.

Apples vs. Oranges

Unless someone wants to argue that since Degeneres is a lesbian, it is the same as if a man did post that comment... in which case, we may have to open up a whole different discussion about the role of gender and sexuality.

And I for one don’t want to go there on an empty stomach!

But you should go there.

I could care less about what Ellen did, but there cannot be double standards, especially when a lesbian (someone who is sexually attracted to women, like most men) makes comments that would get a man in trouble. Both are sexually attracted to women, but only one can say something like that and not get called out for it?

No, that's not how logic works. Either it's okay to make these types of comments, or it's not. Sure, maybe we're comparing honeycrisps to galas, but this is apples to apples. Whether your stomach is empty shouldn't dictate the use of logic.

Personally, I think that it was fine, because Ellen knows that Katie Perry is just as raunchy as Ellen can be and would take it in a joking manner and laugh it off. See, intent absolutely matters over perception, but sadly, subjective perception is taking over the world and causing so much unnecessary noise and emotional outbursts from people (who probably do the same thing on a daily basis).

Regardless, this is a non-issue in the macrocosm of things that matter.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I didn't say you.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
She was looking at boobs.

Can you blame her? Katy possesses some nice sweater puppies .

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Typical of a liberal to expect support for her lifestyle but is the first to talk crap about one they don't like.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If she gets an operation and gets a penis then she’s in trouble. But as long as she’s a woman, lesbian or not, she can talk about breasts as balloons on any woman she wants.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

damn straight, not many are offended unless it's a man saying it.

Kinda how it's always been,

Women still don't even get the equality of being the aggressor these days...

Look up news stories of women teachers dating their teen students, read comment sections, mostly applause for the student and wishes that they were that guy, but no talk about how creepy or vile she was.

But the moment you find a male teacher, doing the same, that dude is a sex offender, a pervert, a pedobear, the works.

Humans are really stupid for the most part,

I fail to find the majority having much common sense and individual thought processes.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Lately a lot of women have been jailed for messing around with kids, mainly teachers

In this regard I think the US is too puritanical.

I mean consenting sex where they call it rape---I think is too severe

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
ellen needs to be fired from her company and kicked offer show. she and rosie and kathy need to do a new show 3 old hasbeens . their motto. we aren't funny,the fat one used to beg for h0-ho's,and we can't get rid of the redhead.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Disappointed. I figured there would gifs with message and pic cut to Bill and Hill mesmerized by the balloons during the DNC nomination by now.

And considering there was an adult joke on her animated appearance on the Simpsons about Homer touching her bellybutton. Her replying that wasn’t her bellybutton (pause) I didn’t say to stop. I don’t think KP is too worried about being objectified by Ellen.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Such a comment would not “fly” if a man had posted it.

Look up double standard in the dictionary.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ellen Degeneres is a stand up comedian. Other stand up comedians have said and done much worse. Barack Obama is the 44th president of the united states and Sean Hannity is a FOX politics troll, they would lose their jobs and credibility if they made a joke like that. I don't know how or why political people are comparable to a stand up comedian.

Then again Trump is a fool so maybe they are comparable.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

So the same joke is only funny when a comedian says it, it's degrading when a non-comedian says it. Got it.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal>>> Katy Perry is an MK Ultra sex slave so I'm sure she's used to it. And probably Ellen has a favor coming to her for that ridiculous interview she did with Campos the Las Vegas MGM security guard and her help in the cover up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join