It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen DeGeneres gets slammed on Twitter over sexist tweet to Katy Perry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's objectifying women.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Still fruit mother#er.

Ellen just sexually objectified katy perry on a public forum

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Must be locker room behavior. It's all good, I mean I'm fairly confident Katy Perry objectified herself many time over at this point.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

As have I, but privately. Ellen, a celebrity chose to objectify a celebrity on social media. I'm curious to see if the world judges it okay for a lesbian to make these remarks publicly when it would be the opposite if a straight man did it.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

In other words, you would be surprised if there was any real results or realization of the blatant hypocrisy?

We both know the answer.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Has anyone even bothered to go check out the responses on Twitter this article is talking about?

It isn't any SJW's attacking Ellen at all, it's nothing but angry right wingers. There's maybe two or three liberals in the entire thread, and the rest is angry Trumptards saying, "but if this was a man...."

Fake news OP and Fox news FTW

Exactly.

The conservatives are so CERTAIN that the LIBERALS SHOULD BE outraged, that they've invented their own bogeyman. Par for the course really. Punching at shadows.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Still fruit mother#er.

Ellen just sexually objectified katy perry on a public forum

Thanks for clarifying the real reason for the outrage. No surprise, it has nothing to do with people actually being outraged that an entertainer, on her entertainment SHOW, objectified a woman.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

In other words, you would be surprised if there was any real results or realization of the blatant hypocrisy?

We both know the answer.

Can you show me an example anywhere of people getting outraged that a comedy talk-show host made a sexual joke?

How is this hypocrisy?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

The outrage should be the inappropriate objectification of an individual period.

Man or woman, regardless of sex.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The outrage should be the inappropriate objectification of an individual period.

So which is it?

Are liberals shocked and offended by this and "eating their own" or are conservatives just pissed off that they're not and inventing nonsense?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh the horror! At least she isn't grabbing other women by the pussy or walking in unannounced to her guests half naked in the changing room.

I get it, she wasn't PC enough for you anti-PCers. I know it doesn't make any sense but that's how it is apparently.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Lol. You anti-PCers are doing such a huge 180 from what you were saying a year ago. Is PC ruining our country or not? Make up your minds already.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

We both know the answer.

Can you show me an example anywhere of people getting outraged that a comedy talk-show host made a sexual joke?

How is this hypocrisy?

Sure, here is a list of a few, sexual jokes among them. Top of the list on google.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Lol. You anti-PCers are doing such a huge 180 from what you were saying a year ago. Is PC ruining our country or not? Make up your minds already.

Mindless turnabout.

All in lieu of the Weinstein thing.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The key word being "inappropriate," which I think demands some sort of definition from you.

Comedians make sexual jokes all the time.

In my opinion, a good example of inappropriate sexual conduct was Harvey Weinstein. Or Rupert Murdoch. One liberal, one conservative. This really isn't about politics.
edit on 26-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

We both know the answer.

How is this hypocrisy?

Sure, here is a list of a few, sexual jokes among them. Top of the list on google.

Guess there wasn't really a list?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Mindless turnabout.

All in lieu of the Weinstein thing.

Wait, are you arguing that what Weinstein did was okay?

Or that Ellen making the sort of joke we see on television every single day of the week is somehow on the same level of Harvey Weinstein forcibly ripping out a woman's tampon and performing unwanted oral sex on her?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

We both know the answer.

How is this hypocrisy?

Guess there wasn't really a list?

Well, that was embarrassing.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

However, you could have googled it yourself.

Wait, are you arguing that what Weinstein did was okay? Or that Ellen making the sort of joke we see on television every single day of the week is somehow on the same level of Harvey Weinstein forcibly ripping out a woman's tampon and performing unwanted oral sex on her?

Let me make this super duper clear.

I don't give a fluff what Ellen and KP do. Mmmmkay pumpkin?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I don't give a fluff what Ellen and KP do. Mmmmkay pumpkin?

I don't give a fluff what you give a fluff about. Mmmmmmmmkay jackamo jones?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Or funny business in the oval office. There are examples all over.

The funny thing is that Ellen speaks out about Weinstein, then pulls this stunt. How un-liberal to objectify a women.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join