It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen DeGeneres gets slammed on Twitter over sexist tweet to Katy Perry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oops. Sexual taunts or teasing from Ellen while her friend just laughs....In a world where brave women come forward to claim sexual assaults and harassment over a decade old, this seems like a ricky move done in very poor taste.

Perhaps the rules are different for Ellen? Or is this just her way of joshing around?

All jokes right? Imagine Sean Hannity, or Barack Obama pulling a slick move like this. With Ellen's lifestyle shouldn't the dynamics of sexual exploitation be the same as a predatory man ogling a poor women?

“Happy birthday, @KatyPerry! It’s time to bring out the big balloons!” the star wrote over an image of her gawking, mouth agape, at Perry’s breasts.
www.foxnews.com...

#metoo is a movement to voice Ellen's insightful thoughts on Weinstein's sexual assaults and terrible abuse of his power. But it seems there is a double standard for the "in" crowd. Ellen has been really outspoken about Weinstein, but her actions speak louder than her words.

In the wake of the recent Harvey Weinstein scandal, of which DeGeneres was an outspoken critic, dedicating part of her show to sharing her thoughts on the “#MeToo” movement, many fans were quick to mention the idea that this tweet wouldn’t fly had a man posted it. Many began responding to the tweet with the hashtag “#doublestandard.” Others went as far as to compare her to Weinstein and call her a “pig.”

edit on 26-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
eat their own, after everyone has been ripped to shredds for not being the highest of all moral authorities we can finally have peace

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Why a political forum?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ughh..

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Weinstein made some of the women he assaulted very wealthy but what was the price?

Ellen should be careful.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
She was looking at boobs.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Political correctness for Ellen, and I can see the comments going sideways in a hurry.

But this could go into social issues as well, and perhaps that would be a better fit.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Such a comment would not “fly” if a man had posted it.

But a man Did Not Post It.

A woman did.

Apples vs. Oranges

Unless someone wants to argue that since Degeneres is a lesbian, it is the same as if a man did post that comment... in which case, we may have to open up a whole different discussion about the role of gender and sexuality.

And I for one don’t want to go there on an empty stomach!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Oh my God! Someone said something I don't like! Give me my safe space!

I'm starting to see why conservatives were so sick of this kind of crap last year, now it's turned 180 the other way.

This is some stupid petty # and has completely overtaken this site from both sides of the aisle.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Not just a comment, Ellen's face is 9 inches from what's her faces breasts and Ellen's mouth is gaping open.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Is this a real thing people are upset about?

Really?

God forbid Howard Stern should have made a career on far more salacious comments.

I guess I'd better not watch Skinamax.
edit on 26-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How unfortunate for Ellen.
I feel so sorry for her.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Perry LET Ellen do it because Perry is a fan of Ellen.

It was consensual adult sexual activity.

When your a star, your admirers LET you do it. They LET you do anything, as Trump once humorously observed.
edit on 26-10-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Really?

God forbid Howard Stern should have made a career on far more salacious comments.

Apparently, it is. This is what happens when political correctness is allowed to run amuck. Ellen started her career as a stand up comedian. It's obvious it is a joke since her wife is standing next to her and is laughing in the photo. And yet, I am seeing this all over the internet.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Who doesn't like big balloons??

edit on 26-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Faux outrage comes from both sides daily.

I'm watching Hannity (I'm at work, and it's on).

Suddenly Hannity is saying Russia is our number one enemy, how could we sell them uranium? Funny thing is, a few months ago he was saying we should be friends with them.

I have no dog in the fight, just seeing both sides flip flop. What a wet dream for Putin though.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Really?

Apparently, it is. This is what happens when political correctness is allowed to run amuck. Ellen started her career as a stand up comedian. It's obvious it is a joke since her wife is standing next to her and is laughing in the photo. And yet, I am seeing this all over the internet.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who start this stuff are actually trying to detract from serious sexual harassment by painting the entire issue as a ridiculous non-issue.

It would seriously be like posting an interview where Howard Stern talks about how much he wants to bork one of his guests.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Perry LET Ellen do it because Perry is a fan of Ellen.

It was consensual adult sexual activity.

When your a star, your admirers LET you do it. They LET you do anything, as Trump once humorously observed.

It's still double standards.

Maybe they should conduct their mutual admiration via text messaging.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

When you sing your little songs about getting drunk and not remembering the three people you slept with last night you encourage this type of attention.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
She should have motorboated her, then none of this would be happening.

Congrats liberals.
Your are now eating yourselves.
It was bound to happen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join