It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High strangeness in Pennsylvania's Chestnut Ridge

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Earlier today I listened to a radio talk show wherein a guest discussed locations known for their paranormal activity. The show was doing a scary, Halloween theme.

If even a fraction of the claims regarding The Chestnut Ridge are true, the place ranks up there with the skinwalker ranch. I plan on doing some research on this place, for sure. The stories were riveting. It's going to be discussed on the Coast-To-Coast radio show tonight.
(I can't even remember the last time I listened to that show.)

Witnesses claim to have seen UFOs and bizarre crypto-animals including bigfoot, dogmen, and super-weird gargoyle creatures.

Chestnut Ridge

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I know from personal experience that PA is paranormal as hell. I lived there for most of my life... Saw 4 ufo's and had numerous other very blatant paranormal experiences - orbs coming down out of the sky and floating around in the trees, sounds manifesting all around me, my car being physically moved up and down while I sat in it like somebody jumped on the back end with all their weight, etc. I even encountered something in the middle of a state park in the middle of the night one time. It's a long story.
But yeah... PA is very paranormal.
edit on 10/26/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Witnesses claim to have seen UFOs and bizarre crypto-animals including bigfoot, dogmen, and super-weird gargoyle creatures.

Demons.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
This is ATS... near Halloween and frankly, many here love reading long, weird stories. SO... what did you encounter in the state park?

I have a relative who encountered a seemingly large, p.o.'d invisible something in a Texas state park that moved his full sized pick up a couple yards when it crashed into it, so I'm sympathetic...

(grabs popcorn)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I just listened to the Paranornal Podcast and it was talking about the same thing, very interesting indeed and something new for me to check out. S&F to you sir.

I would highly suggest if you have he capability to check out the paranormal podcast, I’m actually working on a thread about some strange happenings in my home state of MA that I just recently heard on their.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Sounds like fun! Been ages since I listened as well, but this could be an interesting program. I wonder if the radio is still set to the right channel. Betting it is; I rarely listen to the radio at all anymore!

Appreciate the heads-up!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
This is ATS... near Halloween and frankly, many here love reading long, weird stories. SO... what did you encounter in the state park?

I have a relative who encountered a seemingly large, p.o.'d invisible something in a Texas state park that moved his full sized pick up a couple yards when it crashed into it, so I'm sympathetic...

(grabs popcorn)

Like I said, long story, but here goes:
I stopped by a friend's house one day and she told me how she and these two other girls one night had gone hiking up at this one spot that was supposedly haunted with some native american graveyard or something. She said as they were walking down the trail, it felt like something was pinching them all over their bodies. Then she said that when they got back to the car, she saw a wolfman sitting on top of her car, and it jumped off and ran into the woods. Now at that point I'm figuring she's just making up stories and I didn't really think anything of it.
Some guys wanted to see where this area was, so another day (or maybe the same day, I don't remember) a couple of us got together and got the one girl who had been there and had her show us how to get there. As soon as we pulled into the little parking area, she just absolutely flips sh*t and starts panicking and crying and demanding we leave. We only spent a few minutes there and then left because she was threatening to call 911 if we didn't go.
Some time later, I'm at work sitting in the break room. This guy (completely unrelated to the previous people) comes in and starts talking to this other guy about how he had gone up in that general area. From what I remember, he said he got out of his truck and started walking when something started charging towards him from the woods, so he got back in his truck and took off. He said he went back later and looked around, and sure enough, he finds these tracks that he took pictures of. I saw one of the track pictures on his phone. It was very large and definitely some kind of dog track.
Now back in that general area there's this log cabin out in the middle of the woods and I used to love going back there with friends to hang out. The only road leading to it used to be open to cars. One night I drove back there with a friend of mine. I pulled up and parked in front of it, and as soon as I walked in the side doorway, I hear something on two legs walk across the top floor and position itself right behind the doorway to the upper room, as if it was hiding there waiting for me to walk up the stairs. I didn't even have a knife with me so we got right back in the car and gtfo.

tl;dr:
1. Girl says she sees wolfman in woods
2. Other girl absolutely flips sh*t and has panic attack when we take her back there
3. Guy gets chased by something, takes pictures of giant dog tracks
4. Drive to secluded log cabin in middle of night, hear something large walk on two legs across upper floor and hide behind wall next to doorway
edit on 10/26/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I know from personal experience that PA is paranormal as hell. I lived there for most of my life... Saw 4 ufo's and had numerous other very blatant paranormal experiences - orbs coming down out of the sky and floating around in the trees, sounds manifesting all around me, my car being physically moved up and down while I sat in it like somebody jumped on the back end with all their weight, etc. I even encountered something in the middle of a state park in the middle of the night one time. It's a long story.
But yeah... PA is very paranormal.

Ah-Yup!
It can get all kinds of freaky here, but Shhhh we don't want to be over run with "para-researchers". Just keep letting them run around out west! I swear our state parks are more designed to keep things "in" than for recreation.

Chestnut Ridge is hyped the most, but that's cause "some researchers" are still trying to make it into the big leagues and use it as the example. The northern tier and central PA would curl their hair. On the bright side it "seems" to go thru cycles, and we're kinda in a down time currently.

One of the things you don't get told is there are some govt installations still here, or contractor for, so some of what's seen isn't technically para. That part is a pain to sort out. JMO but most of the allegheny mountains has extreme weirdness, it's just that people report it to so many different orgs, who don't collate it it comes as a surprise when you start digging around.

Just for ATS consider this.
PA is not only close to the east coast, but you watch DC,Philly,& NYC pretty much becoming one big bedroom community. Look a little west and we got nothing but woods. Every single time like with Rt 80 and upgrading 220 from the old 99 despite transportation improvements nada, zip, zilch. Doesn't it strike anyone as strange PA has been left undeveloped like this?

Who does it serve for PA to be left "wild"?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I even encountered something in the middle of a state park in the middle of the night one time. It's a long story.

WELL

WERE waiting......

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Subscribed so I can get back to this later. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dizak
I even encountered something in the middle of a state park in the middle of the night one time. It's a long story.

WELL

WERE waiting......

I made a second reply telling the story...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am MYSTIFIED no one goes after one,if they feel threatened.
I am NOT going to always worry myself ,if I feel cornered.
HORRIBLE problem solving skills...all military.
It's like Skinwalker or Stardust ranches,if these areas ARE affected, begin phenomenological examinations there by testing and evaluating gear and equipment as well as info and method.
Stardust would cost 5 mil,the owner is a bit anxious to sell.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The utter weirdness sometimes appearing in this world, and especially in wilderness areas, is a good indicator our models are flawed... or at least our modern Western models of reality are flawed, I should say.

Some "old wives" may have figured this sheet out, tho.

Pretty good story, and no... not that long! People just don't have the same attention spans, apparently (kidding, mostly... had to get one "cell phone addicted whipper-snappers" quip out there).

The "panic" makes me think of Pan, the spirit of the woods (and a lotta other stuff) and not the flitty boy in green tights Disney portrayed. And what is it with bipedal canines?

Thanks ... from me and all the silent, bored folks out there (and likely the person who jumped the gun and reprimanded you for leaving us hanging right below your missive... likely another kid with no attention span ...heh).

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The "panic" makes me think of Pan, the spirit of the woods (and a lotta other stuff) and not the flitty boy in green tights Disney portrayed. And what is it with bipedal canines?

Speaking of Pan, there's a story on one of those paranormal-themed podcasts about two people hiking in the woods
near their homes, when they realize the surroundings have become utterly silent. No birds, no insects buzzing, no breeze rustling the leaves. It was so still, they were afraid to speak louder than a whisper. If that wasn't disconcerting enough, they then heard "eerie flute music" emanating from the direction they had been heading, deeper in the woods.
They turned around and headed back. After walking a hundred feet or so, "the world returned to normal."

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yeah... likely woulda ended up as another missing person had they gone toward the music... or at least come back several decades later after a seeming single night of elf poontang... hard to say. OZ factor silence, followed by eerie flutes, singing or whispering are signs ... of whatever these weird events truly are.

Some of the stories collected about meetings with Pan and other nature elementals are amazing... and I tend to think they are true for the people involved. I'm trying to remember the name of a book I read from the 50's or 60's by an Englishman ... had some good ones. Googling was no help as there are more books than I thought about that subject, and with modern neo-paganism, it could almost warrant its own forum.

The panic Pan brings with him is something we seem to not encounter as much as our ancestors... wonder why the spirits seem weaker these days... maybe the "brane" or veil that divides the realms is thicker. I blame cell phones... heh.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

OK...now this is creepy! I was listening to some podcasts I had recorded a couple years ago, one of which is
"Where Did the Road Go?" It featured author Steph Young, who has investigated strange things happening in forests.
People vanishing, sightings of weird creatures, etc. It was suggested that "elementals" or "nature beings" are angry that their beloved wilderness areas are being destroyed, and are sometimes expressing their displeasure.

Sounds like our Pan, eh?

Here's the scary part: On the Oct 22nd Paracast show, (it's on YouTube) paranormal researcher Nick Redfern said there have been recent reports in wilderness areas of nefarious beings mimicking human baby cries to lure people into the woods. As the well-meaning victim(s) get nearer the cries, the cries 'move' a little deeper into the woods, drawing the people in!

Strangely, there are people who have lived near woods their entire lives and have never experienced strange activity.
On the other hand, some folks visit a national park or wilderness area just once, and high strangeness ensues!

top topics

join