It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman Has Patented A Kinetic Missile Defense System For Stealth Aircraft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tajlakz

I have rumors and unconfirmed reports, but one of them made a couple people sit up, and then play the "oh nothing " card after hearing it. I'll almost guarantee that one of them is in use on at least one aircraft. It just makes way too much sense for it.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Heh. I remember Tom telling me how he'd try to get confirmation on rumored projects he'd heard about through the grapevine by posting juicy technical tidbits (that would seem like gibberish to the layman) over on rhymes-with-snark. He knew he'd smoked out a skunk when he got a horrified reply and pleas to
No wonder the DIA raided that place...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tajlakz

I've found more than once that if I ask a yes or no type question and get a "I can't talk about that" I'm at least sniffing in the right direction. It might not be what I think it is, but it's in the ballpark.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Battle Ships and Dreadnoughts still had a long way to go ... but aircraft killed them all in a matter of a few short years ... one war in fact. Consider what a Dreadnought would be like now. Nuclear power, railguns, missiles.

It would be like the carriers, an expensive nuclear reactor on the ocean floor. Large capital ships are for sea to land warfare against non-sea powers. Submarines are for sea to sea warfare. And sea to land warfare---you described a SSGN.

edit on 4-12-2017 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join