It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what will the Democrat party do now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: nwtrucker

I don't think it will go away, per say. I do think it's taken a massive credibility hit. That credibility is the soap-box I refer to.

No. This isn't a credibility issue. The states wanted to force the Trump administration to START paying insurance companies, according the ACA, since he signed his Executive Order.

Even before Trump signed the EO, Congress wasn't paying them. So it's all about the issue of the legality of the ACA that requires Congress to delegate the payments. That's the basis of the suits being litigated in the courts right now.

The credibility issue is the Russian collusion mantra, not the ACA. Yes, I get that the states want the federal money. It lets them use their own funds for their agendas. The same applies to the federal tax cuts. One issue is removing state taxes as a deduction from federal Taxes. That really P.O.s some Senators.

For me the line is drawn at the point of the money, at least regarding the ACA. If a state wants that kind of medical system, then implement it themselves. Mass. did it with Romneycare. Seems to work for them. It's the states with high state taxes that are digging in their heels the most on this Federal 'loophole'. N.Y. N.J. and the like.

Their problem their solution.

As far the payments. They were never approved in Congress and therefore have no legal basis. Trump's option....and Mandate.
edit on 26-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't think it matters if the Russian "thing" has lost credibility among Trump supporters. All that matters is what Mueller and his team find. What has already been found isn't going away with public media distractions.
edit on 26-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yep. For half his tenure in office.

There really isn't a great deal of difference in the parties at the moment--if there ever really was.

I am a registered democrat, but that dates back to when I'd just got out of high school--almost 35 years ago, I guess...

My young idealistic period, before I became jaded and cynical.

I've reached the point where I want obstructionist tactics in the House and Senate. Keeps 'em from screwing things up even more.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

next year is an election year so we`ll see all the republicans who up for re-election fall over themselves to get air time to praise trump.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

next year is an election year so we`ll see all the republicans who up for re-election fall over themselves to get air time to praise trump.

I really doubt there's many with the cojones to do that. More like 'agreement' on specific issues.

Lord, I don't know which party I loath more. A hard call.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

My young idealistic period, before I became jaded and cynical.

I became a Progressive Liberal Tree-Hugging Hippie.. Peace (see , I proved it .)
Which I would still be today if not for the huge change for the worse in that group over the emmm lets just say decades .
Everyone makes mistakes.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
We need a second party to balance things. Otherwise with no opposing party every special interest group with connections or every big business will start dictating policy in this country. The Democrats want to give these little groups too much power, everyone has equal rights, small minority groups do not deserve more than any other. But fairness needs to be enforce, we cannot discriminate either way. Our society is not rational these days, we cannot keep giving everyone what they want, our government needs to say no a lot. People take advantage of our humanity and milk as much money as they can sometimes, scammers and deceivers are everywhere. They gobble up the benefit from who we are trying to help.

The IRS won't even persue a quarter of the people who are filing for other people's tax returns. They should be going after those who steal, instead they say it is not worth it, they are siding with criminals. It seems we live in a country where deception is the norm. People only see things they want to see.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

then you don`t know how big of weasles congress critters are they only care about getting re-elected.they have no honor or integrity, they have no shame, even if they hate trump they will be on T.V. singing his praises in hopes of receiving votes from the people who voted for trump.

edit on 26-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

then you don`t know how big of weasles congress critters are they only care about getting re-elected.they have no honor or integrity, they have no shame, even if they hate trump they will be on T.V. singing his praises in hopes of receiving votes from the people who voted for trump.

Meh, I will believe it when I see it. They'd have to be more afraid of Trump than the MSM for that to happen.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I have never seen anyone suggest that Hillary Clinton is morally virtuous.

I would love to see a thread authored by such a person, so that I could tear its entire fabric apart with my teeth, and spit its foul contents, piece by screaming piece, back in the face of the individual who scribed it.

The overwhelming majority of people who voted for her, did not want her as their President, but would rather be buggered with a red hot poker than live under Trump, the modern equivalent of George Wallace.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have never seen anyone suggest that Hillary Clinton is morally virtuous.

I would love to see a thread authored by such a person, so that I could tear its entire fabric apart with my teeth, and spit its foul contents, piece by screaming piece, back in the face of the individual who scribed it.

The overwhelming majority of people who voted for her, did not want her as their President, but would rather be buggered with a red hot poker than live under Trump, the modern equivalent of George Wallace.

I would assume, then, that George Wallace wasn't as bad as made out to be?

www.thewrap.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm confused. Where are/were all these supposed Hillary supporters again? Why do those on the right keep bleating on about Hillary and the false claim that the left loved her? I don't remember hardly any Hillary supporters on ATS. Lesser of two evils vote. That's all this was. Just a matter of which was the greater evil. I voted to kick the can down the road as opposed to off the cliff. And now we're going over the cliff.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
I'm confused. Where are/were all these supposed Hillary supporters again? Why do those on the right keep bleating on about Hillary and the false claim that the left loved her? I don't remember hardly any Hillary supporters on ATS. Lesser of two evils vote. That's all this was. Just a matter of which was the greater evil. I voted to kick the can down the road as opposed to off the cliff. And now we're going over the cliff.

That's what the thread was about. The Dems going over the cliff.....

Then the Republicans following right behind them.....

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
They are attempting to acquire the latin vote,by any means ,it fits their M.O.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
What do you think made the Russian thing go away?

The truth.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Whatever the Dems or the Reps do they wont be doing anything for the people. They will make it look like they are doing it for you and me but it will actually be for their money/puppet masters. DC is beyond repair you have the crooks investigating the crooks and call it an independent investigation. Sad part is people eat this stuff up and believe it all the while both parties sit in private rooms paid for by you and me and laugh on how dumb the American public is. It truly is sad what this nation has become.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Whatever the Dems or the Reps do they wont be doing anything for the people. They will make it look like they are doing it for you and me but it will actually be for their money/puppet masters. DC is beyond repair you have the crooks investigating the crooks and call it an independent investigation. Sad part is people eat this stuff up and believe it all the while both parties sit in private rooms paid for by you and me and laugh on how dumb the American public is. It truly is sad what this nation has become.

Can't argue it. Although, the awareness of th mechanism IS growing and I believe it cannot be turned back.

Something is gonna break....I guess there's a little anarchist in me in that while I prefer it to be as least damaging a 'break' as possible. I won't be too upset even it's nasty.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Die of course.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I believe that if that is your takeaway from what I wrote, then you are desperately searching for a positive where none exists. George Wallace was scum, Trump is scum, and they deserve the same fate, that being torment and damnation for all eternity, in the deepest pit that hell can dig for itself.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I believe that if that is your takeaway from what I wrote, then you are desperately searching for a positive where none exists. George Wallace was scum, Trump is scum, and they deserve the same fate, that being torment and damnation for all eternity, in the deepest pit that hell can dig for itself.

Apparently, not everyone agrees with you.

Here's a 'hell' for you. When you pass on and arrive at your destination, the table with the beer will be empty except for The Don. You and he will become buddies as the two of you will get to know each other well.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join