It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump DOJ settles lawsuits over Tea Party targeting by Obama IRS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Long time coming, that move!! I wonder, too, if there will be criminal charges filed. There should be, and they should go all the way to the top!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: twohawks

Guilty of what? Disorganization?

There was a whole new set of rules after the Supreme Court ruled in Citizen's United that money equal speech. (Bad SOTUCS decision, IMO) So, there was an incredible influx of new politically oriented non-profit political organizations (PACS), colleting millions upon millions of dollars, be screened. She admitted that they were handled poorly, but there was no precedent for these kinds of organizations before.

She lied and blamed a couple guys from Cincinnati.

So did Obama but there wasn't smidgen of corruption.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Pretty typical of this administration, settle a case rather than let the course of justice rule.

DOJ Settled Massive Russian Fraud Case Involving Lawyer Who Met With Trump Jr.

Or, just write an Executive Order before the courts can decide.

Trump Seeks Delay of Ruling on Health Law Subsidies, Prolonging Uncertainty

YUP! That’s exactly what he does and this is just another fine example of it. I mean, God forbid these cases get brought up in front of a judge who’s too Mexican to issue a ruling that’s just and fair.

Only difference I see here is that this time, Trump gets to be happy about paying an out of court settlement because this time he gets to use someone else’s money for the pay-off and on top of that, he gets to funnel that money exclusively to friends and political donors.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I don't know, but I do know that because of the Citizen's United ruling, these were new and uncharted waters. I don't doubt that there was some resistance from the Obama administration.

edit on 27-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I hope that criminal investigations are pursued.

We were told by the democrats and their liberal media for years that this was all nothing.

Now we have and admission by the government that the IRS engaged in politically motivated crimes against right wing groups.

Absolutely disgusting.

Defenders of the previous administration ought to be ashamed for the weaponizing the IRS to attack opponents.

It makes one wonder if other agencies, maybe intelligence ones were also politicized and weaponized...

edit on 28-10-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Pretty typical of this administration, settle a case rather than let the course of justice rule.

It's a breath of fresh air. The government actually being accountable after 8 years of no accountability.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join