It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government Trump Alert Email System.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No joke.

The UK government wanted to set up an internal warning system to monitor and react to decisions made by President Donald Trump, emails show.

The emails reveal concerns about the impact of Mr Trump's travel ban on UK citizens and national security.

Officials did not want to be caught out by similar orders issued by the US president "just as London is going to sleep", one official said.

BBC News

So the British Foreign Office was so concerned about the stupid stuff that Trump says that they floated the idea of setting up a alert system to assess any impact that Trumps stupid statements might have for British interests and keep government officials informed of the random stuff he comes out with.

Its just further evidence of what a laughing stalk this guy is on the global stage that a ally like the UK actually considered this.
edit on 26-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Syria, N.Korea and a whole slew of other countries aren't laughing.

But I understand your point. The left in the EU is as trapped in their own nonsensical bubble as is the rest of the left in the US.

edit on 26-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

In the end, the new restrictions did not apply to British citizens with dual citizenship, but officials were keen not to be caught out again by the actions of President Trump.

It turns out they were scared of nothing. I wonder why?

Answer:

Sent: 30 January 2017 09:28
To: [REDACTED] Stephen Bridges (Sensitive); [REDACTED] Antonia Romeo (Sensitive);
[REDACTED] Chris O'Connor (Sensitive) [REDACTED]
Cc: [REDACTED] Patrick Davies (Sensitive); [REDACTED] Samantha Job (Sensitive);
[REDACTED]
Subject: Consular: US Executive Order on in bound immigration to the US
OFFICIAL_SENSITIVE

All,

You will have seen media coverage over the weekend following President Trump’s Executive Order on temporary immigration measures to the US for those from Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen, and the potential implications for British nationals with dual nationality, or mono-British nationals who were born in one of these countries.

[REDACTED]

Although we haven’t received any requests from British nationals over the weekend it is possible that some will come to light today. I’ve asked your Consular Teams to keep me informed of any detentions of British nationals who were affected by the new measures, and continue to do so moving forward.

British nationals asking for advice on whether they are affected by the measures should be referred to our Travel Advice and the statement from the FS.

As ever, happy to chat.

[REDACTED]

The media, and the idiots that believe it.
edit on 26-10-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Its just further evidence of what a laughing stalk this guy is on the global stage that a ally like the UK actually considered this.
I think its more of a pox on thee stupid scared leaders over there to take such stupid steps . I wonder if they also hang on every word that comes out of Putins mouth or is the Dr. Evil of the day just for Trump .

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The BBC's Diplomatic Correspondent James Landale said: "These emails show just how concerned the Foreign Office was about the flow of unexpected announcements emerging from the Trump White House and the potential impact on the UK."

"But we have to remember that this concern was also shared by other parts of the US administration that were at times equally blindsided by the president's early morning tweets," added our correspondent.
(emphasis mine)

The UK doesn't want to be blindsided by Trump's unhinged proclamations any more than the US does. I know I have awakened in the morning and be totally befuddled by some of the bat shiite crazy crap he tweets in the middle of the night.

-dex

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I didn't think your country was full of sissies, boy was I wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Nice to see your government setting up an "alert system" to monitor scary words that don't affect you.

Y'all might want to prioritize your immigration problem before you worry about words from another Country.

Good luck with your Trump hate. Hope your Country prospers.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Why bother, just have some intern follow the Donald on twitter with instructions to ring the boss when they get a tweet. Simples.
Stupid bureaurocrats always overcomplicate things.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The media, and the idiots that believe it.

That alone clarifies the one major reason that the US has the problems today . Other than folks that hang on every single word their neighbor tells them.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

The BBC's Diplomatic Correspondent James Landale said: "These emails show just how concerned the Foreign Office was about the flow of unexpected announcements emerging from the Trump White House and the potential impact on the UK."

"But we have to remember that this concern was also shared by other parts of the US administration that were at times equally blindsided by the president's early morning tweets," added our correspondent.
(emphasis mine)

The UK doesn't want to be blindsided by Trump's unhinged proclamations any more than the US does. I know I have awakened in the morning and be totally befuddled by some of the bat shiite crazy crap he tweets in the middle of the night.

-dex

You are so right, and do notice the name calling and one-line replies from those with no reasoning or argument with which to respond.

I am not surprised that they took such measures and I commend them for it. Trump voters wanted to shake things up, and so they have. This is the direct result of the will of 1/3 of American voters. Bravo.

Have our allies, who fought with us against the Nazis in WWII, been treated with the dignity and respect they deserve?

edit on 26-10-2017 by antoinemarionette because: added a question

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette

originally posted by: DexterRiley

(emphasis mine)

-dex

You are so right, and do notice the name calling and one-line replies from those with no reasoning or argument with which to respond.

I am not surprised that they took such measures and I commend them for it. Trump voters wanted to shake things up, and so they have. This is the direct result of the will of 1/3 of American voters. Bravo.

Have our allies, who fought with us against the Nazis in WWII, been treated with the dignity and respect they deserve?

Donald Trump handles foreign policy in 140 characters or less. And sometimes even those tweets are buried in the middle of a tweet storm where he's bullying some member of congress. Or stirring up emotions about nationalism.

Most foreign governments probably have an entire office devoted to decoding and characterizing his tweets. And I'm sure there are people in his own administration that monitor his tweets 24 hours a day.

Imagine the Secretary of State being awakened in the middle of the night, "Mr. Secretary, The President just tweeted.
He just invalidated all of your diplomatic efforts to avoid war in Asia. And he contradicted the press release we just sent out a few hours ago."

Foreign governments can't even rely on official channels. Official government press releases can be contradicted in less than 140 characters at a moment's notice. In fact, if I were a foreign government, and had to make an extremely important decision about how I was going to work with the US government, I would wait for the confirmatory tweet to make sure Donald Trump was up to speed with the game plan.

I can not understand how any of his followers believe this is normal or otherwise productive behavior!

-dex

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have a simple and cheap solution to this whole problematic Donald "Fingers-can't-shut-up" Trump and his late-night tweeting addiction....

Melania could quietly slip an Ambien into his cup of two-scoops hot cocoa before he climbs into his silk jammies for the evening. Then the poor guy could sleep like a baby through the whole night without feeling the "urge".

She could potentially save 100's of thousands of dollars for governments all around the world, including her own.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Syria, N.Korea and a whole slew of other countries aren't laughing.

But I understand your point. The left in the EU is as trapped in their own nonsensical bubble as is the rest of the left in the US.

Eh? You do understand the UK has a far-right government at the moment, yeah?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Why bother, just have some intern follow the Donald on twitter with instructions to ring the boss when they get a tweet. Simples.
Stupid bureaurocrats always overcomplicate things.

As much as the Don tweets, that's a full-time job with overtime. lol

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They ran around like chickens with their head cut off for no reason, can't be a bigger joke than that.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hmmm.

It seems like the UK is not a big fan of Trump. Seems they didn't like him before the election too.

Well then, perhaps we should investigate into the UK paid state news agency the BBC, and how they influenced the election.

Maybe the BBC should have to register as a foreign agent.

Maybe the British spy that was paid for by the DNC to collude with Russia had a bias against Trump, and this constitutes a direct interference into our elections by the British colluding with the democrats.

I mean, they hate Trump so bad they suggested not allowing him i the country, and are now setting up alert systems about his tweets.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I see some clear collusion possibilities.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Every stupid decision the UK government has made these past few years but they are worried about Trump? Shame there wasn't a system in place when Blair followed Bush into an illegal invasion things may have been so different. Or when the bright idea to allow our Island to become fair game for every immigrant and scrounger going was made. This is just a pathetic attempt to bash Trump.
edit on 1711642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join