It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Release of JFK Assassination File Is Delayed as Deadline Looms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

But as of Thursday afternoon, the memo specifying which material the CIA, State Department and other agencies still want to keep under wraps had not made it to Trump’s desk, U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.
Image: President John F. Kennedy's motorcade in Dallas.
Newseum / PRNewsfoto file

“There’s a mad scramble going on in the executive branch to get this done,” one official told NBC News.

The CIA is asking only for some redactions, not for all the documents to be held, the official said. But the other agencies involved in the process have not yet finished their submissions.

So only a handful of documents were expected to be released on Thursday, not the entire batch, officials told NBC News.

Release of JFK Assassination File Is Delayed as Deadline Looms

Well, it looks like the wait must continue.

Some of the alphabet agencies and the State Department haven't submitted their requests to redact or fully withhold some documents.

This will be interesting how it all unfolds, and how much is held back.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So, what we will end up getting in the public are pages and pages of documents with only a few words visible on each page?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So, what we will end up getting in the public are pages and pages of documents with only a few words visible on each page?

Only time will tell. I heard Trump will get to decide some of the extent of what gets held back, but this was weeks back and I can't remember the source.

Either way I expect some things to be redacted, jli just hope it's not a large amount.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

How much notice do these people need? They've had decades to bleach and black out the 'sensitive' details. Half a dozen investigations have already tooth-combed the files.

# or get off the pot already...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Perhaps they still have some pages remaining with highlighted proofreading errors that haven't been resolved completely?

So far everyone supposedly in the know are saying that anyone that will be looking for a smoking gun in these files will likely be "very disappointed"

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Eh, we as a people should be conditioned of the federal governments incompetence with time lines.... As well as just about everything else.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Anonymous sources!

We all know how ATS feels about anonymous sources.... unless they fit a particular narrative, of course.

I'm actually pretty shocked people actually believed that anything would come out of this, gullible fools lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

How much notice do these people need? They've had decades to bleach and black out the 'sensitive' details. Half a dozen investigations have already tooth-combed the files.

# or get off the pot already...
They probably didn't think these will ever hit the light of day and so sat on their laurels..

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: carewemust

Only time will tell. I heard Trump will get to decide some of the extent of what gets held back, but this was weeks back and I can't remember the source.

Either way I expect some things to be redacted, jli just hope it's not a large amount.

Maybe we can persuade Russia or Julian Assange to get us the unredacted version.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.

Emphasis mine.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The thing is, the National Archives has to release them when the clock hits 12, decisions made or not. Admittedly , I don't know the legal repercussions if they don't.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Only time will tell. I heard Trump will get to decide some of the extent of what gets held back,

well that is a bummer
i dont like that he gets to make decisions on anything really

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Gotta make sure they black out the names of the people who actually did it.

(Turns out it was a crazy loser Marine with the initials "LHO.")
edit on 26-10-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So what is the point of the President "releasing" them, if the folks who have them just do what they want anyway and continue to hold them back? Our 3-letter agencies just do whatever the hell they want, and are not held accountable for anything anymore. And no one seems to care.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
So what is the point of the President "releasing" them, if the folks who have them just do what they want anyway and continue to hold them back?

The people most anxious to get the documents are also the ones who will be the first to say that it's all a smokescreen and the "real" evidence is still being kept secret. I can't see this as satisfying any real hardcore conspiracy people.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is just a game...they're trying to make it appear as they're hand is being forced. Nothing was ever officially documented that would bode ill on them anyway. Playing it up just makes more people think they're getting the goods and will hopefully stop with all the questions. Come on guys...we're talking about freakin spies and counter spies here...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
They were supposed to release them in 55 years.
It is time.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

AP is now reporting that the gov is releasing 2800 secret files and others are being held for review by Trump.

Anytime now...

www.apnews.com...

edit on 26-10-2017 by EchoesInTime because: link

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think it will be a case of "These aren't the files you're looking for, move along... move along." I'll be very surprised if any of these files shine a light on anything incriminating or sinister. But I so want them to!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

One last quick double check to make absolutely certain all names not redacted belong to people that are confirmed deceased.

edit on 26-10-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join