It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 years of the RAF at RIAT 2018.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos
a reply to: Imagewerx

That is beautiful

Indeed it is,very photogenic in all that red paint!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This pair of ex Norwegian Air Force Vampires now confirmed.Can't remember the last time I saw two Vampires flying at the same time......

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This trio from the RCAF now confirmed as attending.The CC-177 Globemaster,CP-140 Aurora and CC-130 Hercules.......

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Pretty much confirmed, they have the dates booked, the F-35 heritage flight from the US will be attending and doing a flying display. Better get my ticket(s) booked and maybe this time find somewhere to stay over night. Anyone know what aircraft the heritage flight consists of or will be he F-35 be flying solo ?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

There is no set team. They train pilots of various aircraft at Davis-Monthan every year to perform the flight, which is then set by aircraft availability. Being RIAT, they'll almost certainly use former RAF aircraft with the F-35.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Cheers Zaph, it's made the RIAT community go into melt down especially as the F-22 have confirmed they will not be attending this year. There's people wondering if it would team up with an A-10 but it makes sense they will fly with RAF aircraft so I'm slightly expecting at some point the RAF/Royal Navy to confirm that one of our F-35s will attend too

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It looks like they cancelled from five shows here to add two in Europe, one in South America, and two others here.

They probably will send an RAF bird for static. There will be at least two aircraft heading over. It's extremely rare to send one aircraft on transoceanic flights.
edit on 2/20/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The Greek Air Force with their F16 'Zeus' display team now confirmed........

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I see this earlier, nice announcement and I love the F-16s with those extra fuel tanks. The paint work is awesome too.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'd much rather see Hellenic Air Force Phantoms still flying......

F16s are still good though!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Is it common for the likes of the Greek display team or the Canadian display to display at shows outside of their own country??

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

I've seen the Canadians display in the UK before and as shown by the above photo of a Greek Phantom,they were in static at RIAT in 2006.I don't go every year so can't say how common it is for them outside of their own country.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

It's one of those it's not common, but it's not unheard of things.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Less that two weeks to go until the RAF get to blow out the candles on the biggest birthday cake the world has ever seen.

A nice lineup now that is ALMOST 100% finalised.......

RIAT confirmed aircraft

The BIG question is,will the B2 Stealth Bomber make one of it's famous random appearances this year? I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the Ukranian Air Force Su-27 Flanker flying (this will be a first for me).But wouldn't it be super cool to see all four of our F35s parked in a line in order of serial number,shame it won't happen though.

edit on 3-7-2018 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

looks cool I used to goto Leuchars every year the air show was on until it was cancelled and moved , as they changed the base to an army base!

The last time it was on maybe 2012 I think it was it was an anniversary or something special , which was celebrating the airfield at Grangemouth for the war and the honor the pilots of Grangemouth who flew in the war , they had a fly over
a P45 mustang a spitfire and a lancaster bomber
they flew over grangemouth low altitiude maybe something like 100 ft
and they flew over my mates car when we had the top down and I was blown away , the lancaster looks like it breaks Physics! the thing looked like it could just fall out the sky at any moment "!
What a noise though , really made me feel alive as they roared over head

I really miss the air show , the last one I attended had the Huge Russian bomber , that things afterburner is so loud ! I think it was the Tupolev TU160

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Urgh don't rub my nose it in, i said in another thread I can't make it this year due to other commitments and the weather we've had across the UK looks like it's gonna hold out so I'm even more gutted. Would it be wrong if I prayed that Fairford suddenly had showers for the airship weekend ? Not sure if a B2 will turn up you never know though. I suppose missing this years show might help me prep save money and attempt to do a few days for next years show

Enjoy the show to anyone who's going

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join