It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Dossier may be the most serious political scandal the US has ever seen.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Qui Bono and who does not... Putting the Russians into the equation and remaining consistent with the MSM narrative will take a short walk back in history and see the actors involved . For me it goes back to the G20 in Australia that kicked off the anti-Russian campaign . Putin was their darling at the time but after that it was all down hill .

Next stop is the Ukraine coup where the anti-Russian narrative is getting stronger with McCain and other neo-cons running the show . Next we see Mr. McCain standing with ISIS leaders in Syria promising arms to fight against the Russian involvement . Don't forget that the MSM would always carry a narrative that looked to sideline Russia and vilify those excepting their help . That happened in the Ukraine as well .

The MSM narrative linking Trump to the Hitler Putin and therefor guilty by association is a kool aid many drink only because many serve it . Both parties are anti-Trump/Putin . If this serves a purpose to benefit someone its not either of them and must be outside .Could it be the British or could it be a group of swamp creatures there closely related to the ones in Washington . Is there a neo-con/Zionist cabal who are to benefit from this ?

Drums of war as Israel practices war against the anti-zionist group Hezbollah ...Qui bono ? Foreign influence and subversion is absolutely important and the US had better think really hard about the renewal of 702 of the FISA .Its on trial and we should see the closing arguments when Muller releases his report . Will it be the truth or more spin is what I am waiting for .

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: AboveBoard

Your definition of "foreign agent" is not technically correct. 

It is technically correct.
He is a British citizen.
Not a US citizen.
Either foreign or domestic when it comes to matter of state.
He is foreign and was acting as an agent when he worked on the dossier.

Was he acting on behalf of the Queen or Prime Minister or Parliament?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: AboveBoard

Your definition of "foreign agent" is not technically correct. 

It is technically correct.
He is a British citizen.
Not a US citizen.
Either foreign or domestic when it comes to matter of state.
He is foreign and was acting as an agent when he worked on the dossier.

Was he acting on behalf of the Queen or Prime Minister or Parliament?

So you would hold the same standard to rudsians?

As long as they are not currently government employees, there was no problem with anyone from either campaign working with them.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Why is the FISA warrant considered so suspect? Certainly not because it was precipitated by info gathered by Fusion GPS, a legal U.S. company tasked with gathering intel? It simply provided the prima facia. The warrant required additional proof to be granted.

Well we dont know that because the FBI refuses to comply with congressional subpoenas.

The problem is dossier should not have been used at all, even if it was supplemental. It was paid for by the targets opponents, and used the very countries agents that were accused of colluding with those opponents. If the other evidence was string enough for the Fisa warrant, why use the dossier at all?

No. The dossier was a product of Michael Steele, former MI6 Agent held in high esteem,

Yea, I heard from a friend that his buddy was talking to a prostitute at a bar in Moscow and she told him that another hooker she knows was payed by Trump to pee on the bed that Obama once slept in.

That is considered to be held in high esteem? That's pretty much what the Dossier consisted of. A bunch of hearsay nonsense and not one iota of it can be corroborated.

Seems to me like the DNC that paid for this garbage got hosed by Mr. High Esteem Steele.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What evidence?

What’s the difference between the infamous Russian dossier on Donald Trump and that random fake-news story you saw on Facebook last year? The latter was never used by America’s intelligence community to bolster its case for spying on American citizens nor was it the foundation for a year’s worth of media coverage.
Then again, you get what you pay for. We now know Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee paid as much as $9 million for the discredited dossier on Trump.

Obama used it to spy for political gain and Hillary paid for it.

Again, do you have evidence of that?

The Obama administration reportedly relied on the dossier to bolster its spying on US citizens. We know of at least one case where the information was used to justify a FISA warrant on a Trump adviser. And let’s not forget that Steele had reached an agreement to be compensated for his efforts by the FBI.

Again, Obama used it to spy for political gain.

nypost.com...

I read the same news as you do....can't you see what they are reporting?...can't you see the implications of this?
Forget the fake story of Russian hookers pissing on a bed, it's not real...but Obama used it to get the FISA warrants and Hillary paid for it.
Pretty soon you guys are going to have to start denouncing these corrupt criminals, instead of defending them or you are going to be on the wrong side of history and become extinct.
The Left is two steps away from extinction now.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Watergate was bigger.

Not even close.

Water gate had people from Nixon break in to a hotel for info.

This would be having the FBI do that break in, then use the evidence they found to start an investigation.

Technically all of the agencies and departments (especially in a two term administration) become fully loyal, partisan political extensions of the executive branch. From the top down.

They were all totally convinced there was no possibility that Hillary Clinton would lose, therefore a continuation of the above was assured.

Trump won. The games changed, and here we are now...

edit on 26-10-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Why is the FISA warrant considered so suspect? Certainly not because it was precipitated by info gathered by Fusion GPS, a legal U.S. company tasked with gathering intel? It simply provided the prima facia. Why was it an abuse if the warrant required additional proof to be granted?

Maybe it would be helpful for people to actually read the dossier.

The few pages dealing with Trump, let alone the others, come from Russian (Kremlin) sources and a couple of unnamed Russian hotel workers and a socialite.

www.documentcloud.org...

The Obama administration already knew about Manafort, because they willingly used those contacts in previous years via the Podesta group.

You don't find these as a convenient pretext for advancing the abuse of power?

edit on 26-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I find the defamation lawsuit filled against buzzfeed for publishing the dossier even more hilarious than the claims of the dossier itself :

SIX WAYS BUZZFEED HAS MISLED THE COURT (NUMBER TWO WILL AMAZE YOU) … AND A PICTURE OF A KITTEN

edit on 26-10-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm just enjoying the hypocrisy from those on the left.

Funny. I'm enjoying the hypocrisy here from everyone on the right. The same people who were saying "everyone does it" when it came to Donald Jr seeking out damaging information on Clinton are now saying the Clintons doing the same thing is the most serious political scandal our country has ever known.

Funny..

Never mind that republicans are the ones who initially funded the dossier. But hey, who cares about that right?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It seems to me as though the dossier was what was used to push over the top in regards to the granting of the FISA warrant seeing as how previous requests had been denied.

Washington (CNN)The FBI last year used a dossier of allegations of Russian ties to Donald Trump's campaign as part of the justification to win approval to secretly monitor a Trump associate, according to US officials briefed on the investigation.

The dossier has also been cited by FBI Director James Comey in some of his briefings to members of Congress in recent weeks, as one of the sources of information the bureau has used to bolster its investigation, according to US officials briefed on the probe.

CNN

We know that the FBI was in direct communication with Steele:

And a former senior intelligence officer for a Western country who specialized in Russian counterintelligence tells Mother Jones that in recent months he provided the bureau with memos, based on his recent interactions with Russian sources, contending the Russian government has for years tried to co-opt and assist Trump—and that the FBI requested more information from him.

Mother Jones

Steele, who did not come on board until after the opposition project was taken over by Hillary's people, plus the dossier's original sponsor was never identified:

September 2015: A still unknown Republican donor who opposed Donald Trump hires Fusion GPS to research the candidate, according to the New York Times.

April 2016: After it becomes clear that Trump will be the GOP nominee, the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign take over the funding of the research project, through the intermediary of Democratic power attorney Marc Elias’ law firm Perkins Coie, according to the Washington Post.

October 31, 2016: Mother Jones’ David Corn publishes his major scoop on the dossier, presumably based on his conversations with Steele: “A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump.” In it, he says that a “former senior intelligence officer for a Western country” had told MoJo that it had provided the FBI “with memos, based on his recent interactions with Russian sources, contending the Russian government has for years tried to co-opt and assist Trump—and that the FBI requested more information from him.” The timeline offered by Corn in the story matches what has since been presented in court documents. Corn also writes that the ex-spy’s work was for an oppo project originally financed by a GOP client, but that the funding was taken over by a “client allied with Democrats” before the former spy was retained to work on it.

TIMELINE: What’s Known About Trump Dossier’s Creation And Dissemination

So Fusion GPS began the original "oppo project" but did not hire Steele until after funding for the project, "was taken over by a "client allied with Democrats"."

We keep calling it the, "Steele Dossier," when in actuality it originally was the, "Fusion GPS Dossier," which then morphed into what we have today.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It seems as if the FBI is basically acting as its own entity that is not accountable to the people. We are talking about one of the most powerful agencies in the world, with the power to look into anyone life at a whim, possibly favoring one political party, and having no accountability to the people whatsoever. This is a nightmare.

(Addressing the bold text above) - No, to me it seems the FBI has chosen a side and is conspiring with former president obama, and the dems.

And it's not just that they are not accountable to the people, they have chosen to only be accountable to a specific political party.

That is worse!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22805712]Grambler[/postyou]

I have another truth for you-both sides are guilty and as the old saying goes everything is legal until you get caught, and both sides have been caught with an ace up their sleeve.

The is another little trick that the right pulled-I forget it's name but it's coming to me...I remember now it was called WATERGATE!!! and then you have the Iran-Contra affair, also constructed by the republicans.

If one side points the finger at the other, the finger can be pointed back. Politics is like Tennis; you'd wanna have a damn good serve or you will get a damn good return, and Trump and what's left of his team is risking a double fault.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Great post Grambler!
You took this story by the short ones and drug it out in the light to disinfect.
It's not just the FBI sadly but every single Federal agency and many (if not most) at the state level.
They have become partisan actors instead of public employees.
As they say, they know which side their bread is buttered on.
Too bad they let the bread get moldy.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Answer is in my previous post, once the incoming administration has all of their nominees and appointees in place, agencies and departments restructured they have virtually unlimited power and little or no accountability.

edit on 26-10-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

McCain paid for the dossier, thats the mysterious Republican we are looking for.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Funny. I'm enjoying the hypocrisy here from everyone on the right. The same people who were saying "everyone does it" when it came to Donald Jr seeking out damaging information on Clinton are now saying the Clintons doing the same thing is the most serious political scandal our country has ever known.

Funny..

Never mind that republicans are the ones who initially funded the dossier. But hey, who cares about that right?

Thats easily turned around. People on the left wanted trump jr tried for treason for just meeting with a russian who might have had info for him (which she didn't)

But when we see democrats actually paying for information obtained by russians for dirt on trump, they say its no big deal.

Not to mention the trump jr situation is different; he never got info, he didnt pay for it, and it wasn't used by the party in power to obtain fisa warrants, as all outlined in the OP.

But at least you are admitting here that you whatever crimes you think trump jr committed the dmeocrats did to. Thats good to hear.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

It seems as if the FBI is basically acting as its own entity that is not accountable to the people. We are talking about one of the most powerful agencies in the world, with the power to look into anyone life at a whim, possibly favoring one political party, and having no accountability to the people whatsoever. This is a nightmare.

(Addressing the bold text above) - No, to me it seems the FBI has chosen a side and is conspiring with former president obama, and the dems.

And it's not just that they are not accountable to the people, they have chosen to only be accountable to a specific political party.

That is worse!

Oh please, the FBI is staffed, financed and run by the neocon corporate MIC Oligarchy. The real power behind the curtain. I hope Trump does take them on if he's got the guts. I certainly don't think the GOP will follow him down that path.

In Fact none of the 3 letters are accountable to anyone. Trump needs to stop running his mouth if he knows what's good for him.

edit on 26-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2017 by olaru12 because: Brenda you look great!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Funny..

Thats easily turned around.

Exactly. Which is why it's evidence of nothing but pure hypocrisy. I don't expect many on the right to see that though.

Where's the threads about unmasking the republicans who initially funded the dossier? They paid more than the DNC did for it. So they're just as guilty, if not more, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

So you've now concluded, with really no evidence to speak of, that the Steele Dossier formed the basis for every action taken by not just the FBI but the entire IC?

I suppose if that were true, that would be appalling. But I really think you're just speculating wildly based on poor assumptions and the suggestion that the Steele Dossier might have had been used in some way by the FBI when obtaining the FISA warrant for Manafort — which hasn't been proven.

You've got a whole train of carts before the horse.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

the dossier will be flogged like a dead horse just like the contents of said dossier were by the dems in hope to incriminate Trump.

but its all a bunch of nothing burger.
its quid pro quo so to speak.
'there's dirt on me, but you came out empty, now im going to show people that you went after me'...

the only ones laughing are the ones who were in secret meetings planning how all this would unfold. they're cheering each other over a glass of triple distilled vodka as we speak and discussing the IQ of the average American.

we are being played like a fiddle..
edit on 26-10-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join