It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Dossier may be the most serious political scandal the US has ever seen.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

That's pretty much what the Dossier consisted of. A bunch of hearsay nonsense and not one iota of it can be corroborated

You wish.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Too bad the dossier isn't discredited. Too too bad huh?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Once again...the friggin dossier was used to procure ONE WARRANT. ONE. ONLY ONE. For Carter Page. That's it. Hey here's an idea...start your argument with verifiable facts as far as possible. You won't go too far off track if you do. These things can be verified you know.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Tax money was used by the fbi to pay a guy that was being paid by the dnc to do opposition research against their opponent.

Lots of explaining to do from the former administration, and they thought obamacare would be the worst of his legacy.
Spying on your political opponents using the full force of the IC and LEOs is much worse than anything Nixon ever did.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Once again...the friggin dossier was used to procure ONE WARRANT. ONE. ONLY ONE. For Carter Page. That's it. Hey here's an idea...start your argument with verifiable facts as far as possible. You won't go too far off track if you do. These things can be verified you know.

OK.

Here's the problem.

The institutions of the bureaucracy and government must be seen to be impartial by everyone in this country or else they lose public trust. If you feel the current administration can and will use the FBI, CIA, IRS and every other mechanism of the alphabet agencies against you for your political affiliation, then will you trust anything about it?

So even is it was

ONE WARRANT. ONE. ONLY ONE.
It was used for political purposes related to the presidential campaign, used to attempt to manipulate the free and open elections the people have come to expect, and not for any other reason we might reasonably expect the supposedly impartial, non-partisan bureaucracy to act.

When the bureaucracy begins electioneering, it stops being impartial and non-partisan and becomes a weapon of whatever party holds its reigns.

Do you begin to comprehend the magnitude of that problem yet?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I love the anti trumps talking points on the dosssier.

One group says that no one took the dossier seriously and it was obviously ridiculous, so there is no reason to get to hung up on it.

The other group says it is super serious and accurate and it has and should continue to be part of the FBI's case against Trump and his team.

Absolutely hilarious.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: loam

reveals the FBI under James Comey agreed to reimburse the Clinton campaign and DNC for money it spent on the opposition research.

If true, this is just so juicy.....

I think that is inaccurate.

They didn't pay the dnc.

The fbi did however pay Steele, which is probably worse.

Tax money was used by the fbi to pay a guy that was being paid by the dnc to do opposition research against their opponent.

It is outrageous.

Or maybe, if true that they paid Steele, it wasn't for "oppo research of one candidate " but rather because of a threat to the US that needed further investigation?

Maybe Russia was seen as the threat? Just a wild guess there but IF the dossier was to some good degree corroborated, IF it holds to some degree true (it is raw intelligence), don't you think the FBI might be just a wee bit interested??

Then the fbi can investigate themselves.

But ok fine. Alex Jones has said some things that are true in his investigations, such as Hillary's team paid for the dossier.

So you have no problem with the fbi paying him to do research into the corruption of Hillary and obama, right?

Or is it only ok to use tax money to pay private people to go after trump?

Paying Steele to investigate ANYTHING the FBI deems a threat is freaking ok by me. How's that?

ETA if Alex Jones was really a CIA operative in the past and has a great international reputation then sure!

Where do you get those words you try to stuff in my mouth??
edit on 27-10-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

First you have no proof that is all it was used for.

Secondly, one is one too many and outrageous. This is paid research from Trump opponents that relied on colluding with russsian intelligence sources to get dirt if Trump supposedly colluding with russians.

It would be like me breaking into your house and stealing things to prove you broke into your neighbors house.

In addition, by even spying on one person from Trumps campaign, it allowed Obama and company to here all of the conversations that this person was having with other campaign people (maybe even Trump), and could lead to that info being unmasked and leaked to the press.

Oh wait, thats exactly what happened!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

They hired Steel after the Russians hacking of the DNC was revealed. They wanted info on Russia and Steels firm Orbis, a non governmental private investigative firm, had an expert in investigating Russians with years of experience with MI6. That was Christopher Steele. He was hired as a sub contractor to FUSION GPS. No one but them ever paid Steele.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

reveals the FBI under James Comey agreed to reimburse the Clinton campaign and DNC for money it spent on the opposition research.

They didn't pay the dnc.

It is outrageous.

Or maybe, if true that they paid Steele, it wasn't for "oppo research of one candidate " but rather because of a threat to the US that needed further investigation?

Maybe Russia was seen as the threat? Just a wild guess there but IF the dossier was to some good degree corroborated, IF it holds to some degree true (it is raw intelligence), don't you think the FBI might be just a wee bit interested??

But ok fine. Alex Jones has said some things that are true in his investigations, such as Hillary's team paid for the dossier.

So you have no problem with the fbi paying him to do research into the corruption of Hillary and obama, right?

Paying Steele to investigate ANYTHING the FBI deems a threat is freaking ok by me. How's that?

I dont get what you are trying to say.

Was it ok for the FBI to pay steele because they thought russia was a threat.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

They didn't pay the dnc.

It is outrageous.

I fixed it above. Still have headache and shouldn't post but sometimes I just can't help it... lol!!

See above post to answer your confusion regarding my confusion

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

They hired Steel after the Russians hacking of the DNC was revealed. They wanted info on Russia and Steels firm Orbis, a non governmental private investigative firm, had an expert in investigating Russians with years of experience with MI6. That was Christopher Steele. He was hired as a sub contractor to FUSION GPS. No one but them ever paid Steele.

Wrong again.

The FBI reimbursed some expenses of the former British intelligence operative who produced a dossier containing allegations of President Donald Trump's ties to Russia, people familiar with the matter said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

In addition, by even spying on one person from Trumps campaign, it allowed Obama and company to here all of the conversations that this person was having with other campaign people (maybe even Trump), and could lead to that info being unmasked and leaked to the press. Oh wait, thats exactly what happened!

This is what will bring them down.
I would be surprised if someone hadn't already spilled the beans to save their own neck, remember those who testified already in "closed sessions".

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

They didn't pay the dnc.

It is outrageous.

Also, it's ok for FBI to pay Steele for anything they deem worthy. Heck, he has intelligence on Clinton? Sure the FBI can pay him for that... see what I'm getting at??

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

First you have no proof that is all it was used for

But I suppose you have evidence that disputes that ?

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN)The FBI last year used a dossier of allegations of Russian ties to Donald Trump's campaign as part of the justification to win approval to secretly monitor a Trump associate, according to US officials briefed on the investigation.

The dossier has also been cited by FBI Director James Comey in some of his briefings to members of Congress in recent weeks, as one of the sources of information the bureau has used to bolster its investigation, according to US officials briefed on the probe.

This includes approval from the secret court that oversees the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) to monitor the communications of Carter Page, two of the officials said. Last year, Page was identified by the Trump campaign as an adviser on national security

See? I use information that has actually been reported and verified. As opposed to using conspiracy theories. Sooooo🎶

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I love the anti trumps talking points on the dosssier.

One group says that no one took the dossier seriously and it was obviously ridiculous, so there is no reason to get to hung up on it.

The other group says it is super serious and accurate and it has and should continue to be part of the FBI's case against Trump and his team.

Absolutely hilarious.

The MSM 'Fake News' overlords still have some fine tuning to do on their SheepBots.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Meh. The ONLY thing that really matters is whether or not the dossier is true.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Why not? Do you know a law that says they cant? Police pay informants every friggin day.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

They didn't pay the dnc.

It is outrageous.

I fixed it above. Still have headache and shouldn't post but sometimes I just can't help it... lol!!

See above post to answer your confusion regarding my confusion

Hey no worries I think this is a good discussion.

The problem is Steele wasnt a cia member, he was a spy for another country.

No, I dont think its ok for the FBI to be paying a person with tax dollarswho is being paid by the DNC to get dirt on the rnc's candidate. If they find that person info reliable, they can investigate it themselves.

The fact that that person used to be a spy for another country not only does not help that case, it may make it worse.

Clearly even our allies would have a prefence for who they want to see as President. So relying on their spies in no way ensures the impartiality that we are supposed to have from our government investigators (which it is looking like isnt there either).

Would you be comfortable with Trump paying former Israeli spies to dig up dirt on Obama, returning with documents that said Obama has weird urine sex and a bunch of other things, and the having the FBI use tax dollars to pay that Israeli?

Of course not, in part because Israel obviously didnt care much for Obama. A cursory look at the BBC or British politicians will show how they thought of Trump.

So why is someone being aa former spy for them any better than some schlub like alex jones?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The two faces we see in the comments can also be seen in the Govt.s approach to move this along . Seems as though there is a choice between dammed if you do and dammed if you do . That is in trying to draft a bill . The easy way out would be for Trump to fire Muller without cause . The hard way out is to allow him to finish his work . I think they know that him finishing the work will mean that he will have to hang himself and all the rest of the gang . Sooner or later he has to produce something . JW has just filed a FOIA for the cost so far ...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join