It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Military is Occupying 53 of 54 African Nations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
OK I am all for cutting the head off of ISIS and their many spawn yet my question is why is it that the USA and some allies are the only ones to step up to the chopping block ? I doubt that even those who are well informed here at ATS know the extent the USA is in African countries on the pretext of routing ISIS and Al Qaeda .

By Rachel Blevins

While many Americans are aware that the United States is at war in countries such as Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan because of the media attention given to those conflicts, the news that four U.S. soldiers were killed in Niger came as a surprise that left some asking the question, “Since when is the U.S. at War with Africa?”

Sgt. La David Johnson, Staff Sgt. Bryan Black, Staff Sgt. Jeremiah Johnson and Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright were killed on Oct. 4, after their team was reportedly ambushed by “ISIS-affiliated militants traveling by vehicle, carrying small arms and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.”

Former Texas Congressman Ron Paul weighed in on the situation, and noted that this appears to be one more war the U.S. is fighting without approval from Congress—and it is a war that includes the presence of U.S. troops in 53 out of the 54 nations in Africa.

“Now, when the Pentagon and the administration have had some pressure on them, you know, instead of having 100 people there, they’re admitting we have 6,000 people in Africa, and they even put a number on it. They say ‘we have some military in 53 of the 54 countries in Africa.’ That’s pretty expansive,” Paul said.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
China was expanding strongly into Africa, you gotta protect your turf man.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

China has military bases in Africa?

Seems unlikely if they're all occupied.

And how it that "our" turf?

Seems like it's Africa's. No?

China's expanding onto our (ACTUAL) turf, but that's okay??

But perhaps the bigger issue is, how are we going to condemn their supposed imperialism when we're the ones still leading the charge of barbaric primitive tribalistic imperialism in the freaking 21st Century?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah, no wonder Facebook (CIA) and Google (CIA) and the MSM (CIA) have that site on the "FAKE NEWS" lists.

And I thought liberals were supposed to be anti-war / anti-imperialism.....
edit on 26-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

oh FFS - get a grip - having troops in a country does NOT = " occupy "

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Other countries don't usually have military bases outside their borders, China is pushing to get the resources from Africa for some time now.

Let's face it what is really not considered USA turf for the government?
edit on 26-10-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Right because other nations aren't "superpowers" (EMPIRES).

"We" are everything we rebelled against in 1776, everything we fought in WW2 and in the Cold War.

But rock on.

Only over half a million people gunned down and blown into bits so everyone can feel the power, so far this decade....

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Liberal, Republican is of no relevance, both will create threats and deceive the American population in order to make money and gain more power, location is also irrelevant. Effectively U.S. elections are a competition on who can lie the best and get away with it

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Then what does it mean? Please do go into detail. Break it down for us historically.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Yeah I know, but I stood against the Neocon's with them 10 years ago, and I'll keep holding them to their supposed anti-war stance for ever now. Really pisses me off I thought we had a real anti-war (anti-imperialist) movement, come to find out it for them it was all about hurting the Republican's so they could dominate upcoming elections. Seriously pisses me off. I loathe deception in all forms, except in comedy, and this shia'ite our economy is being blown to bits over not unlike the poor people being blown up in our name, is no laughing matter.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Other countries don't usually have military bases outside their borders, China is pushing to get the resources from Africa for some time now.

Let's face it what is really not considered USA turf for the government?

China pushing to get resources so they can build crap for US to buy and then pack into landfills, how is that to be graded as imperialist expansion?

Hell, everything we have and everything ewe buy from them -that doesnt go into landfills- gets shipped to them so they can melt it all down and ship it back to us in the form of more junk products to repeat the whole cycle over again.

If them gobbling up resources in Africa is a problem then what are we doing shipping them stuff we should be recycling?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You seem to mean "has troops in" those countries.
The word "occupy" normally means taking a much greater degree of control, as when Hitler's army "occupied" France etc.
If you were really saying what your title says, the situation would be more sensational than it really is.

edit on 26-10-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

no YOU explain the veracity of the claim : define " occupy "

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Definition of occupy
occupied; occupying
transitive verb
1 :to engage the attention or energies of
They occupied themselves with video games.

2 a :to take up (a place or extent in space)
this chair is occupied
the fireplace will occupy this corner of the room

b :to take or fill (an extent in time)
the hobby occupies all of my free time

3 a :to take or hold possession or control of
enemy troops occupied the ridge

b :to fill or perform the functions of (an office or position)
will occupy the newly created office of chancellor—Current Biography

4 :to reside in as an owner or tenant
occupies an apartment on a two-year lease
www.merriam-webster.com...

Seems to be covered.

Now factor in what are they doing there. Generally it means propping up dictatorships. Because lets face it that's what kinds of governments are found anywhere near that part of the world. Many of the most ruthless kinds we put into power (ie Saddam Hussein; many many many many others). Or at the very least they maintain power all because of US.

Dont forget to shoot Chinese fireworks and party your brains out come 4th of July.

The sun never sets on the American Empire.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah, no wonder Facebook (CIA) and Google (CIA) and the MSM (CIA) have that site on the "FAKE NEWS" lists.

Better watch out, I hear that the clerk at the corner store is actually CIA as well, the same with most of the employees at Walmart. Walmart is one of their psyop training centers I hear...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The meaning of words is understood from context, not just from looking in dictionaries (which are required to cover all possibilities).
Now if an army has troops resident in a base called A in a nation called B, it is legitimate to say that the army is occupying A. It is NOT legitimate to say that the army is occupying B.
The army is not occupying B until it is all over B and exercising control.
That is why the statement that the U.S army is "occupying" African nations is misleadingly over-sensationalised.

P.S. I do apologise, I have just realised that you are not the OP, so my comments on the thread title should not be addressed to you. 727Sky should be taking the flak on that point.

edit on 26-10-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Wow fake news again. Heres whats going on the African Union is a continental union consisting of all 55 countries on the African continent. It was established on 26 May 2001. There goal is to create a defense force apable of defending the continent as well as aid in disaster relief. In 2005 they first requested assistance from Nato in creating this force. So training began sending military advisors to these countries to help train their troops and teach them how to integrate with each other. Usually as few as a dozen people can do this, now some countries requested further assistance including air support Niger is an example of that since they are under attack by two terrorist organizations. These Nato troops are there by request of the governments and work for them to aid in training.

Without trained armies Africans will keep going down the same paths of warlords taking over large swaths of land. And vulnerability to terrorists attacking the governments. Both these leadstofamine and massive deaths think about somalia for example. Arguing this is colonialism is stupid unless you think a dozen guys can take over a country, even a couple of hundred dont be stupid!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Figures you'd be giving Walmart a plug...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Wow if that bunch is calling them fake news the sight just moved up on my reading list !! No one puts out more fake news than the CIA/Google unless it is another popular propaganda arm called MSN/CNN Etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The later days of Rome comes to mind.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join