It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe Should Not Actually Exist, Scientists Say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think, therefore I am......or not.

(MSN.com)-The universe as we know it should not exist, scientists working at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, have said.

After performing the most precise experiments on antiprotons that have ever been carried out, researchers have discovered a symmetry in nature that they say just shouldn’t be possible.

One of the big questions about the universe is how the first matter formed after the Big Bang. Because particles and antiparticles annihilate one another when they come into contact, if there were exactly equal measures of both, the universe wouldn’t exist—at least not in the form we see it today. As such, there must be an imbalance between particles and antiparticles, even if it is only by the tiniest fraction.

www.msn.com...

Full story there^

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

God is the force in the Universe that keeps our full understanding of nature just one step beyond our comprehension.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
But if it is ever answered, I think it will have to do with gravity, magnetism and the vast distances of empty space.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

What scientists just don't get is that Space is a living, breathing thing. I'd go so far as to equate the expansion or contraction of Space to the universe breathing.
edit on 25-10-2017 by lostbook because: More words

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Maybe it doesn't. Maybe the only thing that truly exist is consciousness and the universe with all it's planets and stars is but an hallucination. Our bodies , the earth, your pets. All is just a vision that we give ourselves and each other.
Prove that it isn't.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

God is the force in the Universe that keeps our full understanding of nature just one step beyond our comprehension.

Well, there's this ...

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. ~ Colossians 1:15-17

But my guess is that many of the folks at CERN might not agree with that.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Or a simulation

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So, science says it shouldn't exist. No wonder I don't pay attention to everything scientists say.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Matter, antimatter, boom. Matter antimatter boom, Matter, antimatter,boom. Matter,,,,,,,,that is existence. Or at least that is what I think I once read meant.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, science says it shouldn't exist. No wonder I don't pay attention to everything scientists say.

The only thing that really is being said here is that an assumption that science has had is wrong. That assumption was that equal parts mater and anti-mater were formed at the beginning of the universe. If that were true the anti-mater and mater would have annihilated each other long ago. But obviously it didn't. This is like a "trick" statement for unscientific people. It was made purely to sell a "science article" .

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Once again science proves it cannot be trusted, whats new?

Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann take full credit for this thread. Among very many others...

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Cut off that non-existent paycheck and their concept of reality will change dramatically.
Trust me.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
So let's see here, which is more likely?

1) The universe "shouldn't" exist, despite the fact that it DOES ACTUALLY EXIST ?

or
2) These scientists are wasting tons of $$$ and time ?

Either way this is yellow journalism ( CERN does have a huge desire for attention even if it requires dressing up in cult robes and having a mock sacrifice and then uploading it to youtube and pretending they didn't know nothin about it - which they totally did ).

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Scientists always get things wrong before they get them right. It's part of their quest, do experiments tirelessly until they narrow it down.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

And who created this "God" fellow you speak of?,....

RA

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

And who created this "God" fellow you speak of?,....

RA

A cern experiment by monkeys a long time ago in a galaxy far away where humans were wild animals
Dont you watch TV?
edit on 26-10-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

"The Universe Should Not Actually Exist". (Good grief: even the scientists can't make a sentence without using the sickeningly overused word "actually" now?)

This thread shouldn't exist.

We shouldn...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

While I know Star Wars is fiction, Obi Wan Kenobi once mentioned that the Force is what keeps the galaxies together.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The same applies to us too. A vertigo inducing swarm of improbabilities, spread across time and space, had to occur for us to be here now. It doesn't surprise me at all that our own unlikeness is a mere extension of an even deeper, more absurd happenstance.

^^ Not a helpful comment! There's only so far my little, faltering brain can take me.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's helpful, you made me think of the improbability drive and the need to create one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join