It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret service came to my high school today...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
secret service came to my high school today...

not to catch terrorists or anything like that though...

they came for a presentation...

i was driving right behind them when they pulled into my school...

a black SUV with flashing red, white and blue lights leading, then there was a "half-limo" with washington D.C. plates (the school is in NY) and two american flags in the front of it and then there was another black SUV behind the limo with flashing lights...

the way they pulled into the entrance of the school was amazing!!!

the SUV in the back (i was driving directly behind it) went into the left lane and then blocked the opposite lane of traffic to allow a clean passage for the SUV, then the limo, then the last SUV...

it was amazing!!!

if you saw it in person you would be excited...

anyway, the presentation was for seniors so i could not go because i am a junior but my friends told me all about it...

the bullet-proof window is VERY thick...

the secret service guy showed them his gun...

then they showed them a video where the limo makes a complete 180 degree turn!!!

the secret service guy said that they trained every president to handle a gun, just in case all the secret serveice guys are killed and the president must fight for himself...

then they showed them a picture of president bush shooting a rifle in training and my friends said bush looked like he didn't know what to do!!!

can you believe it, bush shooting???

it must have been cool to see in person...

well, i just wanted to share this cool experience that happined in my school today...

enjoy!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I really don't know where to begin.

Guns are cool? No wonder you blow your classmates brains out.

Presidents handle firearms? No wonder the current one is a machoistic SOB.

Limo makes a 180? It's a flip flopping limo, a danger to america and a fan of Jane Fonda.

The Secret Service don't catch terrorists....

Neither does the rest of your Government it seems.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
the secret service guy showed them his gun...

Why does that remind me of the scene in full metal jacket:

“This is my rifle, this is my gun. One is for fighting the other for fun”

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I still prefer the scientist who made the rounds at our school with the bunson burner...lots more interesting...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the secret service guy said that they trained every president to handle a gun, just in case all the secret serveice guys are killed and the president must fight for himself...
this was funny!

then they showed them a picture of president bush shooting a rifle in training and my friends said bush looked like he didn't know what to do!!

I'm sure of it!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow nerd it was so nice to hear your constructive and well thought out comments....
Could you not refrain from ruining the kid's excitement? Does it bother you that much that some people don't have psychological hang-ups that make them demonize inanimate objects? Oh yeah how does knowing how to operate guns make you a sadistic SOB?

Really I am so sick of people calling other people psycopaths because they like guns. Grow up and take a look around in the real world!!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
they see All: sounds interesting a piece of life the every day Joes don’t see a lot of.
And the 180 my father taught me how to do that and a few other tricks of evasive driving he had been a driver many years ago in Ireland transporting the who’s who around the country side.
Back to your post, why did the SS come by was it for recurtment.?
And Bush with a gun I don’t know if that’s a safe thing to do, maybe with only one bullet :lol

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
they see All: sounds interesting a piece of life the every day Joes don’t see a lot of.
And the 180 my father taught me how to do that and a few other tricks of evasive driving he had been a driver many years ago in Ireland transporting the who’s who around the country side.
Back to your post, why did the SS come by was it for recurtment.?
And Bush with a gun I don’t know if that’s a safe thing to do, maybe with only one bullet :lol

they came because they wanted to show us or inform us about how they work...

it was a presentation thingy...

plus the SS guy graduated from my school...

lol, bush with a gun

ALSO the limo (i just found this out) is the limo of the president!!!

this is also cool...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Limo makes a 180? It's a flip flopping limo, a danger to america and a fan of Jane Fonda.

yeah guns are cool...

yes president bush is a machoistic SOB...

the limo is not dangerous

yes i know the SS don't catch terrorists...

yes american government sucks...

your the one who likes hilary

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hilary is as Hilary does......

The governments like a box a choc..... wait nooo thats sports wait nooo
hmm acutally the only things that are unpredictable are women..

Hilary needs to smile more. Creative fitting title nerd.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

i dont find that too hard to believe?....a friend of mine is head chef for richard branson on knecker island....previous to that he was head chef for king hussein of jordan,when he was there he said that even husseins 13 year old daughter was trained to use a firearm and also to drive a car with escape and evasion tactics.....his 15 year old son had already begun training in an f15....and another intresting fact was that every day the chefs would cook about 30 different meals that were loaded onto a private 737 incase king hussein wished to fly anywhere.....he did this about 3 times a year...the waste was un-imginable.

Ric

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Im sure Dubya Bush doesnt need that training... hes from texas!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Hey, we get like bare minimal news from the USA over here in Britain, but hell - even I saw footage of Bush shooting rifles etc as in recreationally, on TV.

Where do they get some of these folks that go online with this pish?!

Not unless it was one of those fake-insert scenarios?!?! where you can do something perfectly well, but because someone else wants to show you it, they like do something to your brain so you become rubbish at it while they are there?! or - someone else wants them to think you can't do whatever it is, etc etc........

nah, I think that sounds like it's a Montauk Project fake version of reality, for the benfit of insane people only. And - as usual - to the detriment of everyone else.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sounds like it was a great presentation -- maybe they will do it when you are a Senior too so you can see the whole thing.

And actually (to borrow the original phrase) guns are cool -- like most anything you do - if it is done responsibly and you learn what to do - shooting sports are fun. We belong to a Gun Club just like some people belong to a Golf Club -- we do competitive shooting (pistol and sporting clay) and I just got a new pistol last week. I am licensed and have taken classes. And quite a few of our vacations revolve around going to different matches around the country.

jm

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
optimus fett---

wow thats amazing. a 13 year old training with a gun??? i wish i was that lucky.

Ric---

yeah i guess bush knows how to handle a gun. but he is too stupid to hold it steady.

justme1640---

lucky...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

your the one who likes hilary

Way to go, they see ALL.
It's good to see enthusiasm in high school kids! I agree it would be impressive to see those agents' presentatiion and the actual presidential limousine. I didn't know they taught the prez to shoot...makes sense though.
Nevermind what "blase" adults tell you you should think.

As far as guns go, I see nothing wrong with guns in the hands of citizens.
It's guns in the undrgourn world that is troublesome. More troublesome is those who would take guns out of the hands of the citizens.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ric

Im sure Dubya Bush doesnt need that training... hes from texas!

but he needs to be able to find the people shooting at him

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
At my college the fed's just busted a dude and that seemed more interesting than a secret service guy. No one even knows what they took the guy for. I was out on my dorm balcony and these dudes with federal agent on the back of their jackets walked up behind him took him down and then gave him the rights while cuffing him. The entire thing took less than 5 min. Especially at a small private university it rare to see someone arrested much less by the feds. Could this be a sign of the times? The feds take you away secretly and yet no one knows why and no one questions?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

In other news, Coalition forces have ransacked the final stronghold of Happiness and Joy in the nation of Nerdling, details as this story develops...

Seriously, you don't need to be a jackass all the time, the political boards are good enough stomping grounds for you. This guy saw the Secret Service, which are badass guys with guns, and thought it was exciting. I've seen clips fo them driving, and it is totally amazing to see a Limo pull a 180 turn while going 70 mph. Of course the President is going to be trained to defend himself, he's the highest ranking official in the most powerful nation in the world. We've had enough heads of state taken out to know that it's not a bad idea for them to know how the defend themselves.

Anyway, here's your boy Kerry, also being an SOB

Guess it's a good thing he lost, or I might have to worried about him coming into my house and blowing my family away. Or is it only a bad thing when someone you don't like is doing it?

Sometimes I wonder if you actually listen to what you type, or if you just see the words "America" and "Cool" and go into "Teh sky is fallign America is teh Ev1L Go Hillary!!111" autopilot.

And what the hell is that # about terrorists? TSA didn't mention them at all, guess you just had to get one more irrelevent punch in

EDITED for broken link

[edit on 2-13-2005 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yeah...

nerdling is some moderator...

<<   2 >>

join