It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Wikileaks confirms approach from Trump campaign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

One of us is confused.

I thought the claims was this company was asking for Hillary's emails, which were never released by wikileaks, as opposed to the podesta and and emails that were and you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I thought we were talking about the same thing.

Which emails are you talking about??? How many different sets of Clinton's Emails are there even??? Are we now talking about some other store house of thousands of emails???

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I thought we were talking about the same thing.

Which emails are you talking about??? How many different sets of Clinton's Emails are there even??? Are we now talking about some other store house of thousands of emails???

So there are the podesta emails that were in fact released by wikileaks.

Then there are the 30000 emails that were lost from Hillary's private server. These were never released by wikileaks, nor to my knowledge has wikileaks claimed to have had them.

I believe that is the case.

Anyways, it seems this company was asking for the Hillary emails and not the podesta ones.

Again I could be wrong, so if someone wants to jump in and clear it up.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I just read the OP again and it doesn't say anything about any emails actually. Just that CA approached them about something and wikileaks wouldn't say what it was about.

So maybe emails were never part of the equation and that somehow got mixed in there at some point in reading through this thread.

Which doesn't change much other than perhaps my conspiracy theory mind is starting to make connections with things in places where there's no connections or I'm mixing a couple different scandals in with each other from both sides or something.

Am I losing my mind Gambler??? Who am I??? What's going on man??? LOL

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Haha. I think we are all losing our minds.

Here is the link I was going off of that mentions Hillary's emails.

Hopefully it helps us both get some clarity.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

So they did ask about emails then?? Just a different group of emails. Ok. Screw it, let's just go with that then.

I guess I was thinking Podesta emails when I should have been thinking Hillary emails or that they were the same thing.

So damn confusing with all these alleged corrupt emails floating around. These damn people need to learn to either secure their email transmissions or go back to sending letters or something. Too many damn emails on the loose!!!

Weiner emails, Podesta emails, Clinton emails. Even some stories about some in the Trump WH using some insecure server lately now too. He'd better put that thing on lock down before we're all out searching for Trump emails too.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

For me it's more damming to have asked for the Hillary emails, because they had not yet been released.

If they were asking for emails wikileaks had already released, it's no big deal.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wait a minute, I just remembered something...

On August 4, 2017, Michael Flynn, who is under investigation by US counterintelligence for his contacts with Russian officials, amended a public financial filing to reflect that he had served in an advisory role in an agreement with CA (Cambridge Analytica) during the 2016 Trump campaign.

Wikileaks

Hm....

edit on 25-10-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yeah. You know that is a whole other level of interesting questions now going through my head because of what you just said.

If in fact we're talking about two different sets of emails that is.

Because you're right. Why would they be doing that and why would they assume Wikileaks would have those anyway??? So beyond them just doing something weird like seeking out such info now there's another layer to this which is even more interesting.

Let me know when you have it all figured out. I'm gonna go eat ice cream and let my paranoid conspiracy brain have a rest from all the scandal for a bit. Maybe watch some cartoons and play with my wife instead.

I trust you'll have this all solved in no time and I'll just read what you come up with.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The 33,000 missing emails in question haven't been released to the public by anybody yet. I don't think Wikileaks has full confirmed they have them, either.
edit on 25-10-2017 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

That article you referenced demonstrates what a "rushed distraction piece" looks like.

Not even a good try by the Associated Press, LOL.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That article you referenced demonstrates what a "rushed distraction piece" looks like.

Rushed?

That's how the AP does news. It's normal for them.

The AP is known for not having long articles. They simply report the "facts". Other news outlets use AP snippets and expand on them, fleshing out full articles.

Come again, thank you.
edit on 25-10-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
As I was saying, CA's game is the same as Google Facebok's game:

The Power of Big Data and Psychographics

In a presentation at the 2016 Concordia Summit, Mr. Alexander Nix discusses the power of big data in global elections. Cambridge Analytica’s revolutionary approach to audience targeting, data modeling, and psychographic profiling has made them a leader in behavioral microtargeting for election processes around the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: carewemust

Rushed?

That's how the AP does news. It's normal for them.

The AP is known for not having long articles. They simply report the "facts". Other news outlets use AP snippets and expand on them, fleshing out full articles.

Come again, thank you.

Since we're now four pages worth of analysis and brainpower into this thread, what crimes were committed? Do like the A.P. and give it to us straight and succinct. Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There seems to be evidence that Clinton paid for the creation of the dossier, but that is not a crime. At the moment, I'm assuming that the information contained in the dossier is not accurate, and I am not judging Trump based on any information in the dossier.

There might be a legal difference between hiring an American firm to get opposition research on an opponent (legal) and going to Wikileaks to get leaked e-mails (possibly illegal, but I'm not sure).

In the end, I just feel like pointing out again that although Trump Jr. trying to get information from a foreign agent is collusion with a foreign government, Hillary and the DNC hiring an American firm to investigate Trump is not.
edit on 26amThu, 26 Oct 2017 00:22:51 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's not my job to be someone's reading comprehension guru.

It's pretty obvious that any kind of answer or information wouldn't satisfy you.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What I think is really going on here is this...

This is a warning shot across Trump's bow by Putin's Russia.

With more and more talk about how the Russia sanctions aren't being enforced by Trump, there's a real possibility Trump will have his hand forced by congress and have to enact them. That would be bad news for Russia.

The timing of the media attention over the Russia sanctions and this confirmation by Wikileaks seem a bit to coincidental...and we conspiracy theorists don't believe in coincidences, do we?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Gotta love the dems and their lapdog media's predictable hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow the deflection in this thread by Trump sycophants is quite hilarious.
edit on 26-10-2017 by Regnor because: none

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Awesome from WiKiLeaks

Full doc: Trump legal filing to dismiss suit claiming a conspiracy with @WikiLeaks. Notable from page 21

Politico

Wow even better here

Politico

"A publisher ... faces no liability 'when its publication is 'newsworthy'; that is, when it concerns facts of legitimate public interest.' That is so even if the publisher or its source stole the information," wrote the lawyers, Michael Carvin, Vivek Suri, and Jeffrey Baltruzak of Jones Day. "Since WikiLeaks’ posting of emails was not an unlawful act, an alleged agreement that it should publish those emails could not have been a conspiracy,"

edit on 26-10-2017 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join