It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Wikileaks confirms approach from Trump campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Way cool if it plays out! This plus the new stuff on the Clinton foundation demonstrates and shines the light of truth on the fact that the US is now officially a:

BANANNA REPUBLIC

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

So Trump surely will be impeached for this, right?

It somehow proves something somewhere, right?

Probably at the same time hillary goes to jail, see what i did there lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: Vector99

So Trump surely will be impeached for this, right?

It somehow proves something somewhere, right?

Probably at the same time hillary goes to jail, see what i did there lol.

I fully expect his impeachment and her imprisonment to occur on the same day.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: JinMI

From the linked AP article:

Julian Assange says on Twitter that Cambridge Analytica reached out to his group prior to last November, but Wikileaks rejected the company’s “approach.” Assange isn’t specifying the content of that approach.

So ... Trust Assange SOMETIMES but not now? Why not NOW?

Seems to me that you guys didn't believe him when he said that all the corrupt DNC emails didn't come from Russia.

They "technically" didn't.

Ever heard of hiring a CONTRACTOR?

Being BEHIND something and being directly involved are "technically" not the same thing.

Doesn't mean that Russia didn't plan and support the hack that obtained them.

Such 2-D thinking...

And you know this how?
Maybe you will give us the entire rundown on it eh?
GTFO

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You see...hiring an AMERICAN company for opposition research on your OPPONENT is OK. . . Conducting business with a wanted criminal intelligence leaking group is kind of different...

Kind of like the Clinton campaign hiring outsiders for the Trump dossier (some info grabbed from Russians).

The point is, both parties are broken. And just attacking one feeds the environment for this to exist.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There's plenty of proof out there about them both using their services. I would think that thread by TheAntedalluvian would have it in there. It might even be how Trump heard of them, I'm not sure. It's been a while since I read about them. But it's there.

I do remember that Cruz was already using them though before Trump. But the payouts to them went way up either right before Cruz lost or right after. Assuming that was because they saw just how effective they were in their targeted information. They figured out not only what to say to certain people to influence them the most but also have the ability to target individuals personally with extreme accuracy. So campaigning is way more effective. Instead of going by group demographics and stuff they literally know you and how you think as an individual and manipulate that on that level.

It's pretty crazy. I made a couple posts about them too with some videos because it's pretty crazy just as it's own topic.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

www.theguardian.com...

Yep, found it.

Notice they mostly use FB? The most useful tool for authoritarians everywhere!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yeah. Stupid facebook. I'm glad I never bothered with that place.

What freaked me out was when a while back remember the big issue about how they were making all of our information even more accessible to businesses and how our personal info was being bought and sold all the time. Now more than ever and how this admin decided not to restrict any of it even though they could??? It was a few months back, I don't recall all the details but everyone was pissed about it for like a week until the next scandal broke and they all forgot.

Anyway, I thought of Cambridge Analytica then and assumed that's the reason nobody in this Admin wanted to stop it even though it was for all of our protection to do so. After all, if that just helped you to win what was thought to be an unwinnable campaign and could have been just the thing to push you into winning control of the Government there's no way you'd want to stop it, you'd want even more of it and that is exactly what we got.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Approached rather than attempt to assassinate. Wow, what a monster...

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I don't agree with the methods nor the profiting of personal information on a platform such as FB, but if the market is open, there will be takers.

Folks should take the partisan goggles off when it comes to these type of intrusions and manipulation. This thread is a prime example. I've given proof that it's not only CA but the entire umbrella and it spans all of politics.

Concerning Wikileaks, if they are to be trusted, then the incriminating (whether actual or implied) information stands as much as this story does. It should spell disaster for both parties...but it won't.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LondonMan

Assange confirmed the email.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I don't agree with those methods either and I don't think most people do. It's an invasion of privacy at a whole new level. What sucks is that we have no control over it either. Our Government which is owned by the same giant corps who are trading our information like we're a nothing but cattle are the ones telling the Government to keep allowing them to do it.

I don't know a single person who thinks "Yay all my personal information and internet history is being used to target me by whatever institution decides to buy me information." No. Nobody likes it, but we don't have control over the laws allowing it. We're literally being bought and sold as information everywhere and we have no choice.

That can be super dangerous just on it's own because your personal information in the information age is really really powerful in the right hands. You can basically have every aspect of your life hijacked from you which in turn will result in even your physical life being taken away from you and in the hands of a system that is so difficult to navigate you'll never get it back.

But it's when you start thinking creatively about what it means to have such power at your fingertips is when it gets really scary. Imagine having a literal map where every individual is marked in real time and you know them better than you know yourself and can target them and manipulate they way they think without them realizing it. That's like Professor Xavier type sh*t right there man.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You open up a whole new ball of wax that far passes what this lil thread is about. Suffice it to say that I agree with some but at the end of the day, we still have freedom to make our own choices.

If so many disagree with it, then why is it still so popular? Why do folks feel the need to completely go against what they feel is wrong for meager gratification?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Many things to say here.

First, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

If we are going to hold Hillarys team responsible for what fusion gps was doing, then we should hold Trumps team accountable for what groups they hired were doing.

There are some questions though.

Did this occur before Trumps team hired them? If so, I dont think it is to be blamed on Trumps team.

What was this contact about.

A Cnn article I read said it was about setting up a searchable database to be used.

If that is the case, are we sure he was discussing the lost clinton emails, or did he mean the Podesta leaks.

I will give the benefit of the doubt he meant hillarys emails for now though.

If this was after trump team hired them, and they did ask for hillarys emails, this is shady to me, and warrants an investigation.

This would be asking for known illegally obtained info. This should not be allowed in elections, no matter what side.

Now apparently from reading some other posts here, this group may have also been employed by democrats. If so, that definitely complicates things.

Althuough I dont mean to downplay ther seriousness of this, it still pales in comparison to the scandal of HIllarys team paying foreign agents for dirt and that being used for Fisa warrants.

But worth looking into.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Cambridge Analitica emailed Assange about the 33,000 missing emails. The ones still unreleased.

The only potential crime is if the Trump Campaign paid Cambridge Analytica specifically to buy the emails from Assange. If CA contacted Assange on their own decision the Trump team would be absolved of wrongdoing.

CA could have just wanted to verify that the 33,000 missing Clinton emails exist. Maybe Assange told him what they wanted, maybe he didn't. Assange didn't disclose any other details other than Cambridge Analytica contacted him about the still unreleased emails.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
So I guess this is the start of Russia trying to pull the plug on Trump? It's a win for them, regardless, since their goal has always been to destabilize the U.S.

I've wondered about this from the outset. Play it like a game of odds. What are the odds they can turn the U.S. towards Trump, then like mindless gullible puppets, turn them against him within x-number of months.

Just because they can; and to make fools of our gullibility.

(So far, so good.)
edit on 10/25/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't know a single person who thinks "Yay all my personal information and internet history is being used to target me by whatever institution decides to buy me information." No. Nobody likes it, but we don't have control over the laws allowing it. We're literally being bought and sold as information everywhere and we have no choice.

As this kind of science makes loud, people are all about "yay I'm famous I'm on 'tv' woohooooo take all my infos I dont care I've reached the pinnacle of dooshdom".

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They might have just wanted to know if the emails were in house, that if they might be a gonna released to the public. When. Any zingers we might get to know about ahead of time.

Opposition research, ya'll.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Most people I don't even think about it. When talking about "People" there's a difference between the normal person and people who hang out in a conspiracy forum like we do. Not that conspiracy folk are the only ones who are more engaged or anything, there are others who are also, but your average 9 to 5 weekends off bbq, sleep with the wife on tue and thur. cubicle worker type just isn't that engaged.

So while they don't take any action to stop it because they don't think about it, if you asked them straight out they'd most likely say no, I don't want my private info sold to just anyone. But as long as they don't notice it they don't think about the possibilities. Until something like Equifax or their Singles Hook Up info gets exposed and ruins them. They notice then.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I can't think of what you're referring to re CA. AFAIK, they've only ever done work for GOP candidates in the US. There are data service companies that work for both parties though in addition to both parties having their own electioneering platforms for things like microtargetting.

Off the top of my head, CA did work for Cruz initially when Robert Mercer and his PAC (run at the time by Kellyanne Conway), were backing Cruz. They went to Trump along with the rest of Mercer's assets and associates (Bannon, Brietbart News, Kellyanne, David Bossie, etc). They also did some work for the Carson campaign.

It'd be hard for Team Trump to distance themselves from CA. Bannon was a VP and on the board. Robert Mercer provided the funding. The Trump campaign paid out millions to CA. If I'm not mistaken, the Trump campaign paid more to CA than any other recipient.

It is however possible that Nix was acting without any knowledge of the Trump campaign. I was doing some reading about what Erik Prince was up to and happened upon an article about some of SCL's operations in Bloomberg:

In Latvia, SCL said it ran a campaign in 2006 designed to stoke tensions between Latvians and ethnic Russian residents: “In essence, Russians were blamed for unemployment and other problems affecting the economy,” an SCL document said. Nix confirms the firm’s role, saying that its research found that such tensions would “influence voting behavior.”

According to documents seen by Bloomberg, SCL says it helped a candidate in Trinidad by spraying graffiti slogans that appeared to be the work of young Trinidadians. “The client was then able to ‘adopt’ related policies and claim credit for listening to a ‘united youth,’ ” SCL documents show.

SCL’s original description of its work in Nigeria echoes some of those concerns. According to a 2016 version of its website, SCL advised the PDP to try to dissuade opposition supporters from voting. This was achieved, the website said, “by organizing anti-poll rallies on the day of the election.” SCL later revised its website to say it “advised its client to focus on discrediting their opponent’s electoral policy platform … by organizing rallies on the day of the election to highlight those shortcomings.” Without saying why the web wording changed, Nix denies that SCL has ever “undertaken any campaign to discourage voting or undermine the democratic process.” A party spokesman, Olisa Metuh, said he wasn’t aware of SCL’s work and couldn’t comment.

The impression left by the article is that Nix talks up the "psychographics" and data science aspects of both companies but at least when it comes to SCL, they've been down for the more conventional "dirty tricks" style tactics. So it's not like it's an idea that wouldn't be perfectly natural for Nix to have on all his own.

Of course, the *exact* same logic can be applied to the Steele Dossier, if hearing that the DNC and the Clinton campaign each paid Fusion GPS. I mean, technically both groups apparently paid Perkins Coie which had been approached by Fusion GPS after their original GOP funding went away. Perkins Coie then paid Fusion GPS. Fusion GPS in turn contracted Orbis (Christopher Steele) to look into any links between Trump and Russia.

That's a lot of degrees of separation. And according to source(s) for the article exposing the DNC & Clinton campaign funding to Perkins Coie > Fusion GPS > Orbis, the dossier was never given to the Clinton campaign. Then today there is reporting with a source claiming Clinton didn't know about the dossier until it became public knowledge.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join