It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black death warning in NINE countries it is airborne

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me to see a sudden outbreak in North Korea...

-dex

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Lets not be scaredy-Cats. I think you guys will all be ok

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Fleas are a major carrier but sneezing and coughing will spread the mucus as well. The danger is if someone carrying the black death (possibly without knowing it) gets on a plane, or gets into a major city in South Africa like Jo'burg or Petoria.

Plague will spread like wild fire and is almost unstoppable, especially in conditions in Africa which may not be the most sanitary in some of the townships.

It's also almost untreatable, with about a 50/50 survival rate.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Recent examination of "Plague Pits" etc have cast doubt on the flea theory and there is some speculation that the initial incarnation of the Black Death may have been airborne.

Its a bummer because those areas the article listed are ill equipped to deal with an outbreak

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If the news story from Sun is to be believed
This is playing on the french news station for a week now. It's real.

www.france24.com...
edit on 25-10-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I remember a few years back when they patented vaccine for bubonic plague I figured there'd be an outbreak in a few years. Same thing happened with ebola.
Filed 2009:
www.google.com...

Ebola patented 2010:
thegrio.com...

They need markets for their vaccines. If they don't exist.....

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Ah Tissue ! Ah Tissue! we all fall down. So the Old nursery rhyme which was about the Black death, seems to suggest sneezing before departing this earthly coil.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Next we have the government flying infected people into the US for treatment.

Haha...not on Trump’s watch!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
movin to Montana soon,....

surely it couldn't
edit on 26-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

An estimated 400 cases of plague are reported in Madagascar every year, mostly the bubonic variety

It's an annual event in Madagascar.

Plague is endemic to the country, but "contrary to past outbreaks, this one is affecting larger urban areas and ports, which increases the risk of person-to-person transmission," WHO spokesman Tarik Jasarevic said.

Among the reported cases, 70 are known to be the more common bubonic plague, including at least seven of the deaths. More than 120 -- including at least 17 deaths -- are suspected to be pneumonic plague, which is more severe, according to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, known as IFRC.

Ten cities were reporting pneumonic cases as of September 30, including the capital, Antananarivo, increasing chances of the disease spreading.

www.cnn.com...

I was alarmed when I read a headline about the outbreak a couple weeks ago but after doing some research, it doesn't appear to be teotwawki. But sad for those infected or who have died, and their families.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Time to invest in some 'thieves oil'

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: TonyS

Next we have the government flying infected people into the US for treatment.

Haha...not on Trump’s watch!

Probably not, but Its not such a half baked idea. It allows our medical teams to get practice in treating this stuff. The things learned from the ebola patients was invaluable and we alerted our establish practices based on lessons learned

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

yes madagascar USUALLY get bubonic plague...this year it is pneumatic (in the lungs) spread by coughing...the one saving grace is people who get it will be too sick to fly...lets hope this bears out....

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
www.dailystar.co.uk...

Another report with nothing much new..

So far, the virus has killed 124 people and infected around 1,300, but scientists say this figure will definitely rise.

The World Health Organisation, which has been working with Madagascar’s Ministry of Health, has warned the risk of the epidemic spreading is “high”.

A WHO official said: “The risk of the disease spreading is high at national level… because it is present in several towns and this is just the start of the outbreak.”

The last significant outbreak of the disease occurred nearly a century ago in Los Angeles, when a two-week epidemic killed 30 people.

There are three types of plague – bubonic affecting the lymph nodes, septicaemia which causes bleeding under the skin, and pneumonic which affects respiration.

The WHO describes the pneumonic plague as “the deadliest and most rapid form of plague”.

Let us all hope this does not get out to other parts of Africa where medical facilities, sanitation, and disease awareness is sub par.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Sitting here in a pool of my own urine, still laughing. Epic thread opening. Should have left it at that, you peaked way too early if truth be told. Well, if i can believe what i read in The Sun that is. Gosh. And breathe..

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: 727Sky

Sitting here in a pool of my own urine, still laughing. Epic thread opening. Should have left it at that, you peaked way too early if truth be told. Well, if i can believe what i read in The Sun that is. Gosh. And breathe..

The sun what a great paper, all I can picture is Samantha Fox on page 3..

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

www.dailymail.co.uk...

it has been reported in much more reputable papers......there is a big worry that it is about to spread to africa,,,,,,it has reached the point of crisis and the world bank has released 1 million extra dollars to fight it,,,

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: FredT

yes madagascar USUALLY get bubonic plague...this year it is pneumatic (in the lungs) spread by coughing...the one saving grace is people who get it will be too sick to fly...lets hope this bears out....

We are ready and like I said its for our benefit to learn how to deal with this stuff:

Im wearing the dark green mask. Our full on Ebola Transport gear. 30-40 minutes to don, 45+ to doff with one person monitoring and check listing each layer

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join