It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor claims math is white privilege and teaching it is discrimination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I think the larger issue is that the SJW disdain for anything perceived as being an inherent domain of one racial group and therefore "owned" by that racial group needs to be reinvented by other racial groups somehow.

Now, how on earth you are going to reinvent math is beyond me. Numbers are, essentially, numbers and when you put a group together you have added two or more of those numbers and those numbers always will add up to the same other number. This is an unavoidable truth of the entire universe.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual
a reply to: trollz

Sure, stop teaching math to black students, what do they need it for?

How they gonna Count those Benjamin's then ?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Let me guess Professor - is Common Core math more inclusive? I'll bet it is.... jesus christ what is happening?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JMack674

Is it One for Me , and One for You , or One for You and Two for Me Professer ? .............)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
How much longer will we put up with this?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ketsuko

Not moving the goal posts. I'd like to see the evidence that white men got more grants and black men less grants in the field of mathematics than other fields.

Math and science got the grants over English and social studies.

If you dispute that then you need evidence to the contrary.

Who's disputing it?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Professor Gad Saad responds to the allegation far better than I could so I will quote what he had to say when asked by RT.

"Maths by definition exists independently of your subjective reality. The distribution of prime numbers exists whether you are an indigenous person, a tall person, a fat person, a black person or a white person," Saad told RT, adding that "truth becomes secondary to protecting so-called marginalized people” in Gutierrez’s approach

"If you look at the 100m Olympic champions over the past 30 years, you'll notice that there are no overweight, middle-aged Lebanese Jews – I happen to be a Lebanese Jew, and none of them are the winners on the podium. Yet I don't complain that I feel marginalized," said Saad.
"You should have equality of access, but that doesn't mean that we have equality of outcomes,” he added.

Gutierrez’s claim is ridiculous and should be treated as such.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Are you aware of what "context" is? Are you aware of what it means to quote something out of context?

PS: RT as a source...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

I can only grab my stomach and run to the bathroom once a day.

We vote MRuss to run over the Professor and expunge on the way to the bathroom.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Sir Isaac Newton invented calculus.

Among discovering other white things.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you aware of what "context" is? Are you aware of what it means to quote something out of context?

PS: RT as a source...

The essence of what was quotes till holds true.

Overweight Lebanese men are under-represented in Olympic sprinting. Why don't you care about that social injustice?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Now, how on earth you are going to reinvent math is beyond me

Well mathematics is abstract - what scares me is that this cultural marxism will find a way. They will not be happy until they have dumbed down the human race into extinction. Mediocrity.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There is no way the "essence" is true when the stuff is quoted out of context. I'd like to see the ACTUAL text in the book because RT reprints one sentence then describes the rest, but hey if you want to believe so you can whine about SJW's some more, knock yourself out. I see this as a cheap ploy to please the easily satisfied though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join