It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Flake and the Convenient Dismissal of Historical Reality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's a desperate move by Flake in an effort to *try* to get the soft-emotional vote.

Without it, he doesn't have a chance, just like President Trump said. Same thing for the other idiot.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

You only need to look at what the Leftists accuse Trump of doing to know what they are guilty of.

Ah. The old "I'm rubber, you're glue..." sandbox argument. I must admit that it's right in line with the level of maturity this president displays.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: RazorV66

You only need to look at what the Leftists accuse Trump of doing to know what they are guilty of.

Ah. The old "I'm rubber, you're glue..." sandbox argument. I must admit that it's right in line with the level of maturity this president displays.

Take it how you want to.
But that is a textbook example of utter denial of the facts.
Carry on.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yes embrace mediocrity, dont let anything in, we alredy got the revision of the civil war, the defense of the neo nazys in amercia,just say it loud and proud, the good old grab them by the vagina, im sure im missing a few, but yea plz show the world the true color of trump cultist.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There is so much butthurt surrounding Flake that he really should just be called "Preparation H".

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There is so much butthurt surrounding Flake that he really should just be called "Preparation H".

Its funny its always the trumpaholics who come up with dumb# like this, yea your triggered, yea trump sucks, enjoying the winnning lol, oh arent we suposed to be at war, and im supossed to lose lol.

Yea come at me bro lol

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Why is anyone surprised by that? It was always established as opposition research. And why is it BS? The guy is still a crack spy and the fact that Hillary paid for it doesn't make it more/less true. But, now that you mention it, the contents do bring the conversation here back to what is considered decent.

Tip: Not Trump in the Russian hotel room.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
He's a chronic B.S.er if not an abject liar. And almost equally as bad he's thoughtless, undisciplined and lacks any sort of intellectual curiosity or social/political philosophy. He's flying by the seat of his pants and blaming others when he crashes and burns..
:

Examples, please?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Hillary's team paid for a script writer to create the dirt they wanted and create a breadcrumb trail to make it appear plausible leading up to the election, nothing more, nothing less. The dossier was and still is discredited as far as the factuality of it is concerned... or are we supposed to be outraged *for* Hillary because she too was tricked and thought she was paying for actual Russian insider information?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It must also be said that I rise today with no small measure of regret. Regret, because of the state of our disunion, regret because of the disrepair and destructiveness of our politics, regret because of the indecency of our discourse, regret because of the coarseness of our leadership, regret for the compromise of our moral authority, and by our -- all of our -- complicity in this alarming and dangerous state of affairs. It is time for our complicity and our accommodation of the unacceptable to end.
In this century, a new phrase has entered the language to describe the accommodation of a new and undesirable order -- that phrase being "the new normal." But we must never adjust to the present coarseness of our national dialogue -- with the tone set at the top.

Sounds quite logical and timely. He's right and a history lesson doesn't lessen(see what I did there
) what he's saying. Any thinking person can see it. This is just another "He went at Trump" attack. Hell he doesn't even have to do it himself. His sheep will. I'm sure the Trumpeteers will eat this up without thinking about Flake's words. The rest will think he's exactly right. Oh, and I await the inevitable "flake" insults.

Trumpeteers. What a thought provoking and not at all derogatory name. Something only a highly educated left leaning poster might pull from his quiver of used and tired old #. Perhaps one day, those who use terms like that will engage their brains instead of just spouting things they think their but buddies would like to hear. It's annoying and lacks any brain activity at all, to lump all those who don't think as #ed up as you into an easy to digest bucket. But then, those who can't use their brains might stoop to such tactics to mask their idiocy.

Now, Flake. He sure seemed angry. It's a shame he isn't displaying any guts. To cite a problem with the way things are going, then run away sure isn't how you fix things. I can fully understand him not liking Trump. Just as I can understand anyone not liking him. But just because of that, you can't just take a zero and sit out the rest of the next 3 years. People still have to work, things still need to get done. So quitting sure ins't the answer. (IMHO)

It's my sincere hope that those who aren't smart enough to understand that people on the opposing side have a multitude of differing ideals pertaining to the current POTUS and lumping all of them into one box, would excersize a tiny bit of thought and try to use perspective to understand those around them. If only to provoke thoughtful discussion. With garbage like this, you will see things devolve into, "I know you are, but what am I". If that's the level you are at, please forgive the intrusion.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ah, but that violates the narrative that we're supposed to believe Trump represents some sort of "unprecedented" assault on polite political discourse. My point has never been whether or not polite political discourse is an admirable goal, of course that would be a great thing... my point is that this is by no means something new for Washington DC. The entire focal point of it, and why so many are experiencing heartburn at Donald Trump's exhibition of "coarse dialogue" is that he's not beholden nor owned by anyone... there is no puppet master, there is no Sword of Damocles hanging over his head waiting to drop if he directs his candor at the "wrong" target, in modern terms, "Behold the field in which DJT grows his F's and note that it is barren." That's problematic to a system of institutional puppetry and systemic back scratching.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I've never heard of Senator Flake. I guess he now has his 15 minutes of fame under the national spotlight. I wanted read a bit about him and found his web site. Here's how his bio begins - I couldn't help but laugh:

Senator Jeff Flake is a fifth-generation Arizonan who was raised on a cattle ranch in Snowflake, Arizona.

Priceless! At least we know where this snowflake comes from.

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It must also be said that I rise today with no small measure of regret. Regret, because of the state of our disunion, regret because of the disrepair and destructiveness of our politics, regret because of the indecency of our discourse, regret because of the coarseness of our leadership, regret for the compromise of our moral authority, and by our -- all of our -- complicity in this alarming and dangerous state of affairs. It is time for our complicity and our accommodation of the unacceptable to end.
In this century, a new phrase has entered the language to describe the accommodation of a new and undesirable order -- that phrase being "the new normal." But we must never adjust to the present coarseness of our national dialogue -- with the tone set at the top.

Sounds quite logical and timely. He's right and a history lesson doesn't lessen(see what I did there
) what he's saying. Any thinking person can see it. This is just another "He went at Trump" attack. Hell he doesn't even have to do it himself. His sheep will. I'm sure the Trumpeteers will eat this up without thinking about Flake's words. The rest will think he's exactly right. Oh, and I await the inevitable "flake" insults.

Trumpeteers. What a thought provoking and not at all derogatory name. Something only a highly educated left leaning poster might pull from his quiver of used and tired old #. Perhaps one day, those who use terms like that will engage their brains instead of just spouting things they think their but buddies would like to hear. It's annoying and lacks any brain activity at all, to lump all those who don't think as #ed up as you into an easy to digest bucket. But then, those who can't use their brains might stoop to such tactics to mask their idiocy.

Wow. Did your Mom help you with that? What he said is correct. Show where it isn't. This semantic crap about history doesn't change the facts.

Now, Flake. He sure seemed angry. It's a shame he isn't displaying any guts. To cite a problem with the way things are going, then run away sure isn't how you fix things. I can fully understand him not liking Trump. Just as I can understand anyone not liking him. But just because of that, you can't just take a zero and sit out the rest of the next 3 years. People still have to work, things still need to get done. So quitting sure ins't the answer. (IMHO)

It's my sincere hope that those who aren't smart enough to understand that people on the opposing side have a multitude of differing ideals pertaining to the current POTUS and lumping all of them into one box, would excersize a tiny bit of thought and try to use perspective to understand those around them. If only to provoke thoughtful discussion. With garbage like this, you will see things devolve into, "I know you are, but what am I". If that's the level you are at, please forgive the intrusion.

As to why he's not running for reelection only he knows. Maybe he has other things to deal with that elected office prevents him from doing. No thank you for your service up to now though, huh? Didn't he already do his part? But he questioned Trump so I guess you lot have to demean him in any way. Even twisting his good words to seem bad.

+8 more 
link   

You're right about the history but your premise is off. While there has definitely been all manners of nastiness and even violence in US politics (the beating of Charles Sumner comes to mind), Trump is unique among modern presidents for his utter lack of civility.

I would say that the frequency with which he lies is without precedent as well and that's an even bigger issue.

Pointing to the isolated incidents of bad behavior in others is a piss poor excuse for Trump's conduct. There's no stretch of days let alone weeks where he doesn't act like an asshole. His douchebaggery knows no limits.

Was it political decency for then candidate Obama to insult midwestern and Bible belt voters by claiming they were backwards and "clung to their God and their guns and blamed immigrants and foreign trade" for their problems, as if there was anything at all wrong with them doing that?

And President Trump dismisses millions of Americans who have protested since his election as being paid activists. President Trump attacks his opponents with bald faced lies while having the temerity to call other people liars. He whines excessively. He puts his ego before country. He pats himself on the back incessantly. He's a chronic grandstander and shameless hypocrite who attacks others for presumed grandstanding.

These aren't one-offs. There's no singular incident that we'll all remember after Trump is out of office. No short list of slights that we'll rattle off. Trump is an asshole every day.

But we on the Left get it, snowflake, you've all been drowning in your self-imposed victim status for eight years and you elected an asshole because he said he loved you. He's here to punish the rest of the country for your undeserved butthurt. You beseech him to make people perform public demonstrations of patriotism so you don't get triggered. You cry for Daddy Drumpf to save the statues your ideological forebears littered public spaces with to assert their political and social dominance.

So why argue now that he doesn't exhibit the very traits you found appealing him in?

seen enough vapidness where persepctive among left leaning

So you decided to elect a President who is both ignorant and to unconcerned to be bothered learning? Lmao.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... I thought when Trump was elected you crybullies would move past your angst. But no, now you're trying to shove your cult leader down our throats and you won't be satisfied until you think we're showing him the respect he doesn't deserve, the respect you never bring yourselves to show presidents you oppose.

You got what you wanted. You elected some jackass the rest of us can't stand. So why not stop trying to act like he's something else?
edit on 2017-10-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

His Twitter account.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No thank you for your service up to now though, huh? Didn't he already do his part? But he questioned Trump so I guess you lot have to demean him in any way. Even twisting his good words to seem bad.

Twist his words? How about you explain that one.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Now, now! You should show respect for President Rubber Sheets — "political decency" requires it.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

No thank you for your service up to now though, huh? Didn't he already do his part? But he questioned Trump so I guess you lot have to demean him in any way. Even twisting his good words to seem bad.

Twist his words? How about you explain that one.

Easy. What he said was true BUT it's put forth that he doesn't know history on this. So what? Doesn't change the fact that this administration is FoS. That last acronym was my word.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Man, to go off like that he must've really been frosted. Get it . . . a Frosted Flake? (crickets)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
But we on the Left get it, snowflake, you've all been drowning in your self-imposed victim status for eight years and you elected an asshole because he said he loved you. He's here to punish the rest of the country for your undeserved butthurt. You beseech him to make people perform public demonstrations of patriotism so you don't get triggered. You cry for Daddy Drumpf to save the statues your ideological forebears littered public spaces with to assert their political and social dominance.

So why argue now that he doesn't exhibit the very traits you found appealing him in?

seen enough vapidness where persepctive among left leaning

So you decided to elect a President who is both ignorant and to unconcerned to be bothered learning? Lmao.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... I thought when Trump was elected you crybullies would move past your angst. But no, now you're trying to shove your cult leader down our throats and you won't be satisfied until you think we're showing him the respect he doesn't deserve, the respect you never bring yourselves to show presidents you oppose.

You got what you wanted. You elected some jackass the rest of us can't stand. So why not stop trying to act like he's something else?

Pisses and moans about loss of civility in politics
Becomes first in thread to directly sling insults.

Keep it up, your anguish sustains me in the same manner as my taxes sustain you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join