It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Flake and the Convenient Dismissal of Historical Reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It must also be said that I rise today with no small measure of regret. Regret, because of the state of our disunion, regret because of the disrepair and destructiveness of our politics, regret because of the indecency of our discourse, regret because of the coarseness of our leadership, regret for the compromise of our moral authority, and by our -- all of our -- complicity in this alarming and dangerous state of affairs. It is time for our complicity and our accommodation of the unacceptable to end.
In this century, a new phrase has entered the language to describe the accommodation of a new and undesirable order -- that phrase being "the new normal." But we must never adjust to the present coarseness of our national dialogue -- with the tone set at the top.

www.cnn.com...

Mr. Flake is either a liar or lacks a rudimentary education of political history in the USA, including events that occurred while he was in a federally elected office.

Was there a wave of "decency" in our democracy in 1800 when Thomas Jefferson called John Adams a "hermaphrodite" and Adams retaliated by first claiming Jefferson was the son of a "half breed squaw" mother and a Mulatto father, then by getting the nation's press to write an article just before the election claiming Jefferson had died?

Was America's politics nurturing in 1861 when the nation fell into civil war brought about largely thanks to political arguments between the Democrats and Republicans?

Was America's moral authority unblemished when Senator Joseph McCarthy proceeded to take out any and all opponents via baseless accusations of communist sympathies, including criminal charges being drummed up against many in the 1950s?

Was America accepting of the unacceptable when President Lyndon Johnson told an aide to have his little boy take his building blocks over to Rep Gerald Ford and use them to explain LBJ's model cities plan since he had openly stated Ford was too ignorant to understand the discussion?

How coarse was America's political dialogue when Vice President Dick Cheney told Senator Patrick Leahy to "Go F$%# yourself" on the Senate floor during a minor disagreement?

Was it political decency for then candidate Obama to insult midwestern and Bible belt voters by claiming they were backwards and "clung to their God and their guns and blamed immigrants and foreign trade" for their problems, as if there was anything at all wrong with them doing that?

It's good for Jeff Flake to leave the office. He lacks perspective and, frankly, we've seen enough vapidness where persepctive among left leaning representatives in DC is concerned to last us a lifetime of Jeff Flakes, John McCains, and Bob Corkers... men without perspective, yet filled with elitist hyperbole and high assed superiority complexes. There's the door, GTFO and please don't let it hit you in the rears on your way out, we'd just as soon not see the door jammed by your ridiculously narrow asses.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Amen brother.

link   
So, you all have always been scumbags, and should remain scumbags?

Makes sense to me.
edit on 25-10-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

link   

Im with you 100% on this one. Let that flake go. Got some more people that need weeded out yet.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Excellent post good sir!
Star and flag from this Zygote.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Flake is a good name for that clown.
As far as I am concerned, he is just another RINO beard for the Leftists along with McCain.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
More to come. The fire of "we the people" is slowly being rekindled one day at a time, one person at a time. The demographics can show that civilians are very much more numerous than authority figures. I'm sure there is an easy non-violent method to settle discrepancies between civilians and authorities but many are too far gone. Having to place ego and pride to the side is just asking too much from some of these so-called leaders.
edit on 25-10-2017 by BloodStainedGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It's good for Jeff Flake to leave the office.

Correct.
If for no other reason, because he is too weak to fight what he views as a bad thing, instead, he decides to quit.
What good is a quitter.
I would have more respect for him if he switched parties... I wouldn't agree with him necessarily... but I would have more respect for him.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hey, maggots used to show up in wounds on a regular basis too, right?

No reason we should use antiseptic or antibiotics, right?

Necrotic flesh is natural, right? God's divine will?

(That makes about as much sense as your argument.)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Flake
Noun

a crazy or eccentric person.
synonyms: ditz · space cadet · airhead · fool · scatterbrain

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Hey, maggots used to show up in wounds on a regular basis too, right?

No reason we should use antiseptic or antibiotics, right?

Necrotic flesh is natural, right? God's divine will?

(That makes about as much sense as your argument.)

Actually, maggot therapy is still a useful technique in some situations and makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Flake
Noun

a crazy or eccentric person.
synonyms: ditz · space cadet · airhead · fool · scatterbrain

Maybe...but it meant all of that before y'all elected him, too.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It must also be said that I rise today with no small measure of regret. Regret, because of the state of our disunion, regret because of the disrepair and destructiveness of our politics, regret because of the indecency of our discourse, regret because of the coarseness of our leadership, regret for the compromise of our moral authority, and by our -- all of our -- complicity in this alarming and dangerous state of affairs. It is time for our complicity and our accommodation of the unacceptable to end.
In this century, a new phrase has entered the language to describe the accommodation of a new and undesirable order -- that phrase being "the new normal." But we must never adjust to the present coarseness of our national dialogue -- with the tone set at the top.

Sounds quite logical and timely. He's right and a history lesson doesn't lessen(see what I did there
) what he's saying. Any thinking person can see it. This is just another "He went at Trump" attack. Hell he doesn't even have to do it himself. His sheep will. I'm sure the Trumpeteers will eat this up without thinking about Flake's words. The rest will think he's exactly right. Oh, and I await the inevitable "flake" insults.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Excellent star and flag post. I learned a lot, thank you.

You are correct. Jeff Flake needs to ride off into the sunset and not come back.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You make a good point, but....

either a liar or lacks a rudimentary education of political history in the USA

May as well be referring to Trump. Lolz! It's like when Sarah Huckabee Sanders accused Bob Corker of "reckless tweets"...just too deliciously ironic to ignore.

Trump far exceeds any of the examples you've noted, several of which are one-offs. Trump surpasses those on any given day by 9 a.m., on Twitter. He's a chronic B.S.er if not an abject liar. And almost equally as bad he's thoughtless, undisciplined and lacks any sort of intellectual curiosity or social/political philosophy. He's flying by the seat of his pants and blaming others when he crashes and burns..

So maybe by "decent " Flake really just meant someone, anyone, who would give us decent odds at not dying in a nuke war started on social media.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think he needs to go to Boston and scream helplessly at the sky.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Mr. Flake is either a liar or lacks a rudimentary education of political history in the USA, including events that occurred while he was in a federally elected office.

LOLOLOLOLOL

considering trump literally lies on a daily basis and his knowledge of history is severely lacking, this first sentence is TOO funny. good stuff.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I"ll be there was a collective bipartisan butt-puckering at this point of the speech.

Sustained incumbency is certainly not the point of seeking office

I hope others on both sides follow suit.

He sure did have a lot to say for a quitter.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
You make a good point, but....

either a liar or lacks a rudimentary education of political history in the USA

May as well be referring to Trump. Lolz! It's like when Sarah Huckabee Sanders accused Bob Corker of "reckless tweets"...just too deliciously ironic to ignore.

Trump far exceeds any of the examples you've noted, several of which are one-offs. Trump surpasses those on any given day by 9 a.m., on Twitter. He's a chronic B.S.er if not an abject liar. And almost equally as bad he's thoughtless, undisciplined and lacks any sort of intellectual curiosity or social/political philosophy. He's flying by the seat of his pants and blaming others when he crashes and burns..

So maybe by "decent " Flake really just meant someone, anyone, who would give us decent odds at not dying in a nuke war started on social media.

Your tired old argument is just that.....tired and old.
Have you seen the headlines today about the quintessential political bullsh!tters and liars?

The Trump dossier was Clinton's dirtiest political trick

nypost.com...

The FBI’s Political Meddling

www.wsj.com...

Journos Downplay Trump Dossier Revelations

dailycaller.com...

FLASHBACK: HOW THE MEDIA WENT HYSTERICAL OVER DON JR.’S WILLINGNESS TO ACCEPT RUSSIAN DIRT ON HILLARY

news.grabien.com...

Fusion GPS fallout: DNC, Clinton, FBI take heat after bombshell that Dems funded Trump dossier

www.foxnews.com...

A YEAR of Clinton lies about the 'golden showers' dossier exposed as Hillary's lawyer is under fire for falsely denying paying for it

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And there are many more.
You only need to look at what the Leftists accuse Trump of doing, to know what they are guilty of.
edit on 25-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join