It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop withdraws from MQ-25

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Citing concerns about the requirements in the final RFP for the MQ-25 Stingray unmanned tanker, Northrop announced that they were withdrawing their bid. This is the third major program that they have decided not to submit a proposal for this year. After developing and flying the Model 400, they eelected not to offer the aircraft for the T-X program. They then passed on the Long Range Strike Weapon.

The exact wording that caused them to decide not to bid wasn't made clear, but the comments made during the announcement made it clear they weren't sure they could develop a product that could do the mission and make money.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
wow
just when you thought they couldnt screw up this project any more... Northrop should have won this by Default, but leave it to the Navy to shoot themselves in the foot. Guess its on to the navalized Avenger then.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I wonder if they are overextended on the B-21 and do not have the engineering resources to go forward?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I don't think so. They just got the green light to add engineering staff to the program. I think they just got sick of the Navy jerking the program around.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Stinks of a company that is about to sell.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking
No just a company that is probably sick of wasting money on programs that change,get cancelled,or screwed around with so badly by the tender that they give up..

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Its called "mission creep". When the scope of the project keeps changing its hard to hit the moving target of customer satisfaction and remain profitable.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
To be honest, I think Blackfingers version was better !

" No just a company that is probably sick of wasting money on programs that change,get cancelled,or screwed around with so badly by the tender that they give up.."

originally posted by: intelgurl
Its called "mission creep". When the scope of the project keeps changing its hard to hit the moving target of customer satisfaction and remain profitable.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelgurl

More like the Navy decided it really needed a flying gas tank and Northrop took its LO ISR/Strike asset off the table and left.
This almost looks like the Navy did everything in their power to not select the X-47, they kept changing requirements until Northrop had enough. Maybe the Navy went Air Force and was afraid the unmanned platform would cut into the fighter procurement down the line...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I don't think so. They just got the green light to add engineering staff to the program. I think they just got sick of the Navy jerking the program around.

Maybe someone finally remembered Kelly Johnson's unwritten 15th rule of doing business

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

is this actually true Zaph or is this an indication that its gone black?

I can never decide when announcements like this are made, whether or not its for the reasons given or because its gone black. Especially in this instance as I know Northrup were considered the front runners for the contract.

your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

They got sick of not knowing what the requirements were going to be tomorrow. This program has been an absolute joke.

new topics

top topics

join