It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal barrister warns - Men should not have sex with a woman who had even one drink.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

If you want to be absolutely safe when being with a woman on a date that you just met, sure. It's good advice.

But you should be able to get to know someone well enough to know if they're going to accuse you of rape after a drink or two pretty quickly.

So maybe it's just good advice to not shag a stranger who you don't know well enough to know if they'll accuse you of rape afterward. Shouldn't take that long to figure that out. Maybe two or three dates where you actually talk to each other should be more than enough.

The real problem I think comes from people banging each other without even knowing the person. If you make that a habit it won't be long until you find yourself with a nutcase accusing you of rape or some other stupid thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

It's not just the USA plenty of other nations are cool with freedom of expression.

Keep in mind nobody forces people to dress as they do unless you count fashion trends and peer pressure.

I would not wish to exist in any nation that attempted to tell it's population how to dress.

edit on 25-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well umm wtf

China needs to make more dolls asap ... children will only be made artificially... I have no children from sober actions

I'm going to start looking into a 1 way trips to mars if I ever divorce clearly the rules on earth have gotten to complex

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Tell you this though, not may people get to the end of there life and wish they had less sex.

I think you may be very wrong about ^ this statement. I for one wish I would have had sex with only one partner my whole life... which would have been a guy I married.

I'm sure others feel differently, but I'm sure most people on their deathbeds aren't bemoaning the fact they didn't have more sex. Quite the opposite , I think .

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I don't think i will be wrong though.

I mean out of all the things and notions that may or may not pass through ones head at the end of our existence "damn it, i had far to many orgasms" is just not going to be that high on that many people's scorecard.

Unless of course, you are labouring under the illusion that it's a sin and God is going to punish your immortal soul for too much premarital unauthorised poontang.

edit on 25-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Some of the best sex of my life has been on tequila night, and yes it was consensual.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It occurred to me, there's one approach for the future that can never go legally wrong:

"Hey Facebook friends, gonna post this clip of us having inebriated sex, just to let everybody know it was consensual".

(Oh, and I got it last night, you didn't - nya, nya. nya!)
edit on 25-10-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Unless you catch something that turns your junk into a biohazard. Then you'll probably want to take that one back if you have the chance.

But aside from stuff like that, I'm guessing that as crappy is normal life can be on average the last thing anyone will say they wish they had less of is anything that brought them pleasure when they were here.

I know I have a long list of things I wish I didn't have to deal with during my time here and none of them are anything I enjoy.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

"Unless you catch something that turns your junk into a biohazard."

Suppose there are exceptions.

"I'm guessing that as crappy is normal life can be on average the last thing anyone will say they wish they had less of is anything that brought them pleasure when they were here."

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
That's when people get laid.

It sounds like Malthusian population control alarmist rhetoric to me.

If their doing population control then they sure are failing.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Seems to me, women should heed the same advice.
Don't get too cozy with a strange man who drinks more than a couple.
You have no idea what could happens.

Seems to me people need to use common sense once in awhile....and people of both sexes need to take responsibility for their actions.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Ideally yes, but does that correlate with what the law currently says?

The barrister in my OP clearly feels it's not the case in her lengthy experience.

You might feel as a male (according to any common sense) you are getting consent, but legally you're not.

If she's taken a drink, she hasn't given consent.

I'm not sure where that leaves de jure "responsibility".

But, young men (in fact all men) should be made aware of this fact.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Seems to me there is a legal definition of sobriety.....and if you are sober enough to legally drive....you are sober enough to legally consent.
I question her "one drink"

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Well the article goes on to warn: "There is no legal definition of drunk".

Of course it's all going into legalese.

Most people wouldn't think about this like this (for now).

But as with STDs it does happen.

Son, take a rubber and The Reader's Digest copy of "You and the Law".

As a matter of fact, have a threesome with the lawyer.
Just to be sure.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

LOL...tell that to someone who doesn't pass a sobriety check on road.

Not saying women who are half passed out don't get raped, but to use the law like that to say they could not consent because they had a pint or a glass of wine is absurd.

I hope the laws are more common sense in the US!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Not sure, my OP article wasn't specified by country.
But I think the barrister mentioned probably has the UK, and the USA fore-mostly in mind.

I don't think they have these issues in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Except of course in the holiday complexes and walled off tourist resorts, if its alcohol you mean.

Chances are rape is as much of a problem in Saudi Arabia as anywhere else.

Point of fact, in some instances, it's not even considered rape in some middle eastern Muslim nations.

At least not in the same manner as in our own first world western nations.

edit on 26-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: face23785

Rape is a terrible crime. That said, if you sleep with someone you wouldn't normally sleep with because you were drunk, that's not rape. That's called a mistake. And it's no one's fault but your own.

That is very true as well... but alcohol does increase the impulse for bad choices... and some take advantage of that 😕fact

This is true, but that merely makes them an asshole. You're still responsible for your own actions, even while drunk. What if someone convinces me to commit robbery or murder while I'm drunk? Am I absolved of responsibility for those decisions too? No. If you're drunk and someone takes advantage of that to get you to consent to sex, you made a mistake. That's not rape.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: face23785

Rape is a terrible crime. That said, if you sleep with someone you wouldn't normally sleep with because you were drunk, that's not rape. That's called a mistake. And it's no one's fault but your own.

That is very true as well... but alcohol does increase the impulse for bad choices... and some take advantage of that 😕fact

This is true, but that merely makes them an asshole. You're still responsible for your own actions, even while drunk. What if someone convinces me to commit robbery or murder while I'm drunk? Am I absolved of responsibility for those decisions too? No. If you're drunk and someone takes advantage of that to get you to consent to sex, you made a mistake. That's not rape.

I never said it was rape ... merely said it increases the impulse actions. You are still responsible for your choices under the influence, but your mind isn't sober enough to make wise choices , and there are those who will take advantage of that. Even with a generous spender under the influence. Manipulating people under the influence of alcohol for a number of reasons does happen, and will continue to happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

We are in agreement then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join