It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal barrister warns - Men should not have sex with a woman who had even one drink.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Does this mean every male university student is a serial rapist?

Does the same apply to women?

Is the entire adult population now rapists?

Vital questions I think.

Seems pretty ridiculous to me.

What's more disgusting is the redefinition of rape. Rape is a very serious and horrible crime and stuff like this, not to mention ridiculous stuff like "you can rape without touching a woman!" really trivializes it. It's quite offensive I know more than one woman who has been raped and they've never been quite the same since.

I wonder what sort of joyless miserable life one has to lead to come up with such strange concepts.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Cathy McCulloch (a barrister with 34 years of experience in sexual assault cases) has warned men that they may be liable for rape charges if the woman has had any alcohol!
Yes, even one drink!
www.independent.co.uk...

She warns youngsters (I guess in Western societies) that they mostly do not understand consent laws.

Now I wonder what parents should tell their sons?
Drink with your mates, and avoid single women and alcohol?

I wonder if all women are happy about this?
It's really just a warning, but seemingly a very real one.
Are we going to end up with gender segregated bars?

Not to downplay rape, but the fact is, if the woman wants to be a misandrist monster after the fact, or she can't quite remember giving consent, she can send your son to prison!
Yes, even if she instigated it, or led him on.

And even if found innocent, the accusations alone can traumatize and ruin entire families.
Not saying that most rape allegations are false, but fake allegations do happen.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
She can claim: "I had a drink, and never gave consent", and his life is ruined.
Stay away from booze and single women is the only safe advice.

Of course this raises several other gender issues.
A woman's right to pleasure, for example.
The future of heterosexual social contact in bars and discos.
Then, what about lesbian bars, or women who have sex with women?
At least in SA "rape" no longer refers to forced penile penetration only, but could be the insertion of a tongue or finger (for example during kissing or petting).
aboutrape.bookslive.co.za...

Just to men, it doesn't seem to apply (in a heterosexual sense, not discussing male-on-male rape here).
Although there's an increasing number of men who say they were raped by women while drunk (the body responded, but there was no consent).
Although till now the police and so forth often don't take it seriously.

But so far it seems like sound advice.
Hook-up on-line or somewhere else, and stay away from single women where booze is served.

We should go back to socializing in same-gender social groups with alcohol, if the youngsters are gonna be alright.

A friend of mine was telling me yesterday actually about a guy she knows that was raped by a woman. His whole life got #ed up because of it. A girl had sex with him at a party while he was nearly passed out drunk. He didn't remember it happening and she vanished for a while. Eventually she came back with a baby said it was his and took him to court. He ended up having to pay for the test proving it was his, which it was. She ended up getting the courts to give her full custody while he is allowed only supervised visits with people she chose. She used that to get his visitation rights removed entirely then she moved up north somewhere. He paid child support for years but managed to get it changed from giving the mom money to buying the things the child needs directly and bringing them to her himself. Because the mom would spend the money on drugs and alcohol. Despite how it all came to be the guy's tried as hard as he could be allowed to see her and be there as much as he's allowed but this chick basically just used him to get a baby and a steady source of income.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The same ones who theorize that even consensual penetrative sex is rape because it can lead to pregnancy and that is always life threatening, so if you have sex, even if you want it, it's rape because he's trying to kill you.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've always wondered why sex was the only activity where "I was drunk" is an excuse for doing something stupid. I mean, if I get drunk and go buy a Ferrari, when I wake up the next day and realize I can't afford the payments, I don't get to charge the dealer with extortion. I just get told I'm an idiot.

Rape is a terrible crime. That said, if you sleep with someone you wouldn't normally sleep with because you were drunk, that's not rape. That's called a mistake. And it's no one's fault but your own.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Agreed! The flippant use of the word rape to attain an agenda is a disgrace and a slap in the face to those who have actually been raped. It has done nothing more than make it harder to prove rape! There is one other word I am trying to think of abused in the same manner........................oh yea, RACIST!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Yeah I'm still waiting for one of the resident SJW's to explain why only white males can rape via wreckless eyeballing, but no one else.................

The answer is simple. The person who wrote that is a racist.

I know I"m preaching to the choir, just felt it had to be said.

Well yeah, but the paradox is that was in all likelihood a white girl who wrote it.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Next thing we will need to ask for a permission slip signed by the parents and duplicated in triplicate.

Fact of the matter is that no means no as most Men and Woman realise whilst inebriated or otherwise.

Cant blame alcohol for everything.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
PC Principal Collects Consent Forms

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Well there is a element within society that almost encourages men to be destroyed and since they are public enemy number one, esp if you are white and straight you have a iffy situation.

Men are turning away from women in their droves, (or at least western women) I am sure you have heard of MGTOW??.. A women in the org I worked for filed a sexual harassment and assault claim against a colleague when he patted her on the back "as in good job well done", not "I want to see the titties", believe me she ain't that great!!!, it is an absurd situation like this that cause such statements as in the OP warning of what could be said..

Personally I would never use a dating site now, I would never take a women home on a first date, I would never date or even socially interact with a female work colleague.. Am I being paranoid?, may be but there are an alarming amount of men both young and old that are now acting in the same way..

Like the statement above I am happy to be married and away from having to deal with this BS.

ADDED:: Regarding my son, I am currently saving solicitors fees so we can provide one to sit in his first few times of getting laid to make sure no accusations are made..

I have spoke of this before but I have known two other guys (Not included the one above) who had false rape/sexual assault claims made against them, both where admitted fabrications and both where to get back at them, one on a personal level the other professional.. That was 10 and 15 years ago respective.. It does happen far more often than you think...

RA

While I agree that both men and women deal with false allegations...there are far more instances of real harassment going unreported , especially in the bar scene. I've seen it happen myself where men foolishly think their chances of getting lucky increase with drunk women.
I think most women are totally capable of making rational decisions after one or two drinks, and anyone playing victim for revenge or malicious intent is a sad case of a human.

Nowadays people want to have too much casual sex, which leads to mixed messages. It's refreshing for a woman to be asked for her number, so she can be called to set up coffee date, by a real gentleman. Guys don't seem to want to " court" anymore without the sex. Maybe both sexes don't 🤷🏻‍♀️. I find that this wanting for instant sexual gratification on both sides can lead to trouble for both parties involved.

edit on 25-10-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

When i was younger the best kind of sex was casual sex, i suggest people have as much of it as they require.

Fact of the matter is once you get older and grow up somewhat, start to lose your looks, find a partner and settle down, the notion, need, or reasons for casual sex tend to disappear and all you have left is the good, the bad, and the ugly memories of times gone by.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Rape is a terrible crime. That said, if you sleep with someone you wouldn't normally sleep with because you were drunk, that's not rape. That's called a mistake. And it's no one's fault but your own.

That is very true as well... but alcohol does increase the impulse for bad choices... and some take advantage of that 😕fact

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Aye rapists!

But either way i imagine they would be such, drunk or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: face23785

That is very true as well... but alcohol does increase the impulse for bad choices... and some take advantage of that 😕fact

But it's not "some's" choice. It's the woman's. You can't, or should I say shouldn't, put your bad choices on to another. Can't handle the booze? Don't drink. That's another choice.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

When i was younger the best kind of sex was casual sex, i suggest people have as much of it as they require.

Fact of the matter is once you get older and grow up somewhat, start to lose your looks, find a partner and settle down, the notion, need, or reasons for casual sex tend to disappear and all you have left is the good, the bad, and the ugly memories of times gone by.

When I was younger casual sex was the most meaningless, shallow intimate encounter, that often left me feeling used and further pulled away from the male I had sex with. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I think masterbation would be a better choice as for as health and emotional wellbeing.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Im not trying to have a dig per say, but maybe you were doing it wrong or you just did not click with the partner in question?

Like anything else in life, with sex you get what you give, and with casual sex the expectations are not exactly sky high.

Possibly it's rather different for Men. We are after all rather strange creatures, i am one and even i know that.

edit on 25-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I not trying to have a dig per say, but maybe you were doing it wrong?

Like anything else in life, with sex you get what you give, and with casual sex the expectations are not exactly sky high.

Possibly it's rather different for Men.

Or ... maybe men and women are different?

It's been studied that women can't help it. They tend to have a hormonal response even when they intend to have "casual" sex that creates a bit of bonding, just like with a baby -- the same hormone in fact, just not as much.

So even when she's trying to have no strings, her body creates them.

Casual sex almost always ends up hurting the woman a bit no matter what she might say.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wish I could give that more than one star. Well said.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Possibly, but in this day of age, equality being the rather fickle beast that she obviously is, there are quite a few Woman out there that share similar sexual ideologies to Men, and also the reverse i suppose.

I would not like to think that i inadvertently hurt anyone's feelings but tend to look back on my more promiscuous days with rose coloured spectacles i suppose.

Tell you this though, not may people get to the end of there life and wish they had less sex.
edit on 25-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The USA is a society that lets women walk around with potentially see through blouses, revealing clothing or even a g-string if they want. No sexual comments or touching. You could be socially and financially destroyed. What is the point of women doing this?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

That justify's rape? Do I need to bring Carlin in on this? He's got a helluva routine just for this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join