It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal barrister warns - Men should not have sex with a woman who had even one drink.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Cathy McCulloch (a barrister with 34 years of experience in sexual assault cases) has warned men that they may be liable for rape charges if the woman has had any alcohol!
Yes, even one drink!
www.independent.co.uk...

She warns youngsters (I guess in Western societies) that they mostly do not understand consent laws.

Now I wonder what parents should tell their sons?
Drink with your mates, and avoid single women and alcohol?

I wonder if all women are happy about this?
It's really just a warning, but seemingly a very real one.
Are we going to end up with gender segregated bars?

Not to downplay rape, but the fact is, if the woman wants to be a misandrist monster after the fact, or she can't quite remember giving consent, she can send your son to prison!
Yes, even if she instigated it, or led him on.

And even if found innocent, the accusations alone can traumatize and ruin entire families.
Not saying that most rape allegations are false, but fake allegations do happen.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
She can claim: "I had a drink, and never gave consent", and his life is ruined.
Stay away from booze and single women is the only safe advice.

Of course this raises several other gender issues.
A woman's right to pleasure, for example.
The future of heterosexual social contact in bars and discos.
Then, what about lesbian bars, or women who have sex with women?
At least in SA "rape" no longer refers to forced penile penetration only, but could be the insertion of a tongue or finger (for example during kissing or petting).
aboutrape.bookslive.co.za...

Just to men, it doesn't seem to apply (in a heterosexual sense, not discussing male-on-male rape here).
Although there's an increasing number of men who say they were raped by women while drunk (the body responded, but there was no consent).
Although till now the police and so forth often don't take it seriously.

But so far it seems like sound advice.
Hook-up on-line or somewhere else, and stay away from single women where booze is served.

We should go back to socializing in same-gender social groups with alcohol, if the youngsters are gonna be alright.

edit on 25-10-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That's when people get laid.

It sounds like Malthusian population control alarmist rhetoric to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Geez...I am glad I am not single and dating anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Isn't it possible to meet a woman in a public venue that is taking a prescription medication that could relax her inhibitions the same way that alcohol might?
If so, would a man be guilty of rape if he had seemingly consensual sex with her?

If you don't ply the woman with drinks, how is it your fault if she makes a decision that she may regret because she had a drink?

If I buy a woman three drinks and she has sex with some other guy and decides it was rape, who is guilty... me, for buying her drinks... or the other guy that did the deed.... but didn't know that she drank anything?

Maybe women shouldn't drink alcohol?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Typical woman. Nag nag nag.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah, he is correct, we should always wait. They are so much more malleable after 15 Sambucas

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm going to be so happy when fembots finally hit the market. A one fix solution for pretty much any problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Some of the same people that push this also say that you can rape a woman by looking at her. Not joking unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There goes my one and only move.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well that puts a end to freshers week!

In all seriousness though I do think saying one drink is a bit extreme.

In my younger days (not too long ago) I was propositioned by a few lady's who clearly had to much to drink (the clue was that they wanted to take my fat ass to bed) who I chivalrously turned down. Now yes, like many I have picked up a girl from a bar after a few drinks but she was still sober enough to know what she was doing and not have any regrets the next morning, the regrets came 2 weeks later.

I can really understand why a legal professional might be giving this advice but even taking that out of the equation its still pretty good advice. Don't pick up drunk girls. I remember I turned down a girl once and she literally turned round and vomited, had I went along that would probably have been all over me (ewww).

ahhhh..... misspent youth (not so misspent and not so youthful)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Geez...I am glad I am not single and dating anymore.

but even wives can claim their husband raped them.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There's a movie "Cherry 2000" from the 80's, in it when you pickup a girl in a bar you need a lawyer to write up a contract that you and the girl have to sign before leaving the bar.....we're one step away from that crap now..

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Are we going to end up with gender segregated bars?

Absolutely not. If and that's a big IF I'll open up my own, and welcome the ladies with open arms.

Cheers to that

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Casual sex leaves you open to many things, including rape allegations. If you want sex develop a relationship first. Then it isn't so casual. You want casual, hire a hooker. Emotions are off the board.

Then sometimes you come across a psycho. They are out there. My first wife for example. She was of the violent type though. Some will use this avenue though if you piss them off. I've seen it. That isn't going to change until there's serious penalties for false allegations though.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

link   
Guys let me tell you a secret.

Rape is rape, you know when you are doing it.

Dont rape people and this shouldn't be a problem.

link   
I just wonder what people are going to advise their sons these days?

I'm at an age now where the first batch of friends have post-pubescent teenage boys.

Some will soon go into the political minefield of campuses.

Teaching how not to rape is one thing, but teaching the very real current reality that you may be accused of rape, even if you didn't, is quite another these days.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well there is a element within society that almost encourages men to be destroyed and since they are public enemy number one, esp if you are white and straight you have a iffy situation.

Men are turning away from women in their droves, (or at least western women) I am sure you have heard of MGTOW??.. A women in the org I worked for filed a sexual harassment and assault claim against a colleague when he patted her on the back "as in good job well done", not "I want to see the titties", believe me she ain't that great!!!, it is an absurd situation like this that cause such statements as in the OP warning of what could be said..

Personally I would never use a dating site now, I would never take a women home on a first date, I would never date or even socially interact with a female work colleague.. Am I being paranoid?, may be but there are an alarming amount of men both young and old that are now acting in the same way..

Like the statement above I am happy to be married and away from having to deal with this BS.

ADDED:: Regarding my son, I am currently saving solicitors fees so we can provide one to sit in his first few times of getting laid to make sure no accusations are made..

I have spoke of this before but I have known two other guys (Not included the one above) who had false rape/sexual assault claims made against them, both where admitted fabrications and both where to get back at them, one on a personal level the other professional.. That was 10 and 15 years ago respective.. It does happen far more often than you think...

RA

edit on 25-10-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2017 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Yes, another issue.

Not sure why they place such weight on being in a relationship in my first OP article, because that alone does not define consent.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Guys let me tell you a secret.

Rape is rape, you know when you are doing it.

Dont rape people and this shouldn't be a problem.

Mate, I've been in conditions i've probably raped myself....and thoughroughly enjoyed it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join